THE NEW FAKENER (3.1 UPDATE) || DISCHARGE || COSPRI'S MALICE|| STILL SUPER FAST || CAN USE BISCO'S

how to cap resist with those items? jewel?

also , my single target dmg feels pretty bad
"
amigaziha wrote:

Can't help if you have your characters set to private :D
"
amigaziha wrote:

You can run purities for res if needed, I also added a note to the gear section regarding res cap. If you need any further help make your characters public :)
My character Nubz_BF has been using a very similar variant of this, going to try out flaskfinder instead of assassin to test out the variants. https://pastebin.com/P2k4cxzw is what i had in mind for the end of the char. Jewels will probably be switched around to what I need, and gloves will probably be swapped out.
"
Mecielle wrote:
Before I started my Assassin+Pathfinder Cospris Discharge build I had a look at that build too. It is tankier, sure. But the damage potential is SO much lower. No idea where you get the idea that it outperforms a Cospris CoC :D

These trigger builds aren't particularly good at bossing. In which case, I would take the cheaper, tankier, and more consistent Mjolner any day over unnecesarily going glass cannon.

Also, Mjolner has recently closed the gap between itself and CoC. I did some tinkering on PoB and Cospri's seemed to do a bit less damage. I'm guessing this is due to Mjolner having that extra more multiplier on it. And perhaps that crit needs a lot of investment to outperform Elemental Overload.

But really, what does this boil down to? A potentially slighly higher damage potential Cospri's with a lot of investment while being squishy.
The tradeoff doesn't really seem worth it.
Last edited by Bloodmatter on Aug 31, 2017, 5:05:54 AM
"
Bloodmatter wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
Before I started my Assassin+Pathfinder Cospris Discharge build I had a look at that build too. It is tankier, sure. But the damage potential is SO much lower. No idea where you get the idea that it outperforms a Cospris CoC :D

These trigger builds aren't particularly good at bossing. In which case, I would take the cheaper, tankier, and more consistent Mjolner any day over unnecesarily going glass cannon.

Also, Mjolner has recently closed the gap between itself and CoC. I did some tinkering on PoB and Cospri's seemed to do a bit less damage. I'm guessing this is due to Mjolner having that extra more multiplier on it. And perhaps that crit needs a lot of investment to outperform Elemental Overload.

But really, what does this boil down to? A potentially slighly higher damage potential Cospri's with a lot of investment while being squishy.

You are not entirely wrong.

Mjolner has 100% increased damage, not more.

What do you mean by bossing? Shaper, Guardians? Sure, Mjolner can use Kaom's and be tankier, but general mapping - up to T15 I have no problems with my Cospri Assassin with 5,6K life. And I'm farming with Bisco's and switch to Voll's on bosses.

You say that Mjolner is cheaper while the BiS chest is Kaom's heart. We need Voll's Protector, sure, but with the same amount of currency of the Kaom's Heart I can buy some good jewels with life and get some good HP w/o Kaom's.

With my current setup I can achieve 800k dps (on shaper) without Flow Untethered, so not bad. And you are right, I'm squishier than Mjolner's but you are undervaluing Cospri's.

Why don't you try it? You probably play with Mjolner already and have Voll's Devotion. Give it a try, make another build, have fun with Crit Multipliers!
Why do you keep Cyclones at level 1 when leveling them doesn't increase mana cost and increases cyclone range?
"
Bloodmatter wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:

Slythly higher? Cospris Discharge can easily achieve 500k+ Shaper DPS vs the 200k the Zerker seems to be maxed out at. And with enough investment numbers even higher than the 500k are reachable. Killing Shaper is a piece of cake with Cospri's Discharge. I mean, killing him with any build is easy as fuck if you know the mechanics. Low life doesnt really matter if you don't get hit. The Guardian fights are a little bit harder, different from Shaper they can one shot you if they behave differently than expected.

Of course these builds arent made for bossing. But they can very easily do that too, on top of the insane clear speed Cospris Discharge gives us.

Can you link both PoB pastebins you used to compare Mjolner and Cospri? I am 100% sure you fucked something up if it said Mjolner has a better damage potential than Cospris :D

Keep in mind, I am not talking about this version of Cospris. This here is the reflect immune version (but even this should outperform Zerker damage wise by a wide margin). Pathfinder+Assassin Scion is as far as I can see the best way to go for long sustained damage. It can keep its peak DPS with all flasks up almost 100% of the time on a boss fight. Almost being very close to all the time. I think maybe 1 out every 10 seconds a flask goes down if you are very unlucky.

On top of that, it feels insanely tanky even with only 4.7k life. I don't think I have died once in the last 20 red maps. And I am only level 81 and my gear is far from good. I am wearing 2 1c Diamond Rings :D

Well except when I opened a chest without identifying it first and it froze me :D Only two flasks I can craft on and Shock and Bleed immunity is more important.
Last edited by Mecielle on Aug 31, 2017, 11:08:04 AM
"
Bloodmatter wrote:

Cospris Discharge is a clearspeed centered build, but can do Guardians/Shaper quite well if you put enough currency into it. I've done them, it's not that bad. Only (Uber) Atziri could be a problem, haven't tried. If you have 4.5k+ life and constantly VP leech through Vinktars/WM/boots anyway it isn't even that squishy, I don't have any survivability issues chaining T15 Beachheads except some crazy spike damage that would kill any 6k life build as well.
Last edited by Purexec on Aug 31, 2017, 7:20:50 PM
How does this compare to a pure pathfinder variant? Biggest Issue I can see is PF lacking crit. I don't want to give up Dying Sun...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info