THE NEW FAKENER (3.1 UPDATE) || DISCHARGE || COSPRI'S MALICE|| STILL SUPER FAST || CAN USE BISCO'S

*****3.1 UPDATE*****
Spoiler

The build is just as viable as it was last league but has a few new options for items. The items I'm talking about are Lightpoacher, abyss jewels and some elder/shaper mods. I haven't tested the build with Lightpoacher but I don't see a reason not to use it, it should clear up stranglers nicely. You can still get cooldown recovery from belt and boots but I'd say Inya's is still best for the boots slot with the insane power charge generation. In regards to vaal pact, I think the build functions just fine without it, vaal pact mostly helped with reflect and was way too op and 1 point away on the tree for us but after running a few maps on my char from last league I didn't feel like its needed. Also, I think Assassin and Pathfinder combo for ascendancy choices is strictly better now due to reflect getting removed.

INTRODUCTION

Welcome to the update for our build "The New Fakener". In this thread I'll be going over all the changes, gear, passive tree and ascendancy. This variant of the build is made purely for farming maps and most likely not suitable for doing guardians/shaper.
If you want a build that deletes shaper take a look at my guildie's guide:
The Unshaper by Xevos

I will be playing and answering questions about the build live on twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/kubaslov1

SKILL TREE + ASCENDANCY

SKILL TREE

Spoiler

Bandit: Alira

Skill tree before uber lab respec: http://poeurl.com/bvwO

~lvl 90 tree #1: http://poeurl.com/bvq4

~lvl 90 tree #2: http://poeurl.com/bvq5

~lvl 90 tree with pathfinder instead of witch http://poeurl.com/bwDu

Best tree if going for lvl 95 and beyond: http://poeurl.com/bvq6

ASCENDANCY

Spoiler

I picked Scion for the following reasons:
1. Assassin's "Deadly Infusion" nerf makes the crit too inconsistent
2. The Assassin node in Ascendant's tree provides base crit chance which solves the problem listed
above.
3. The Elementalist node makes us pretty much immune to reflect along with "Soul of Yugul" in the pantheon system
4. Extra Skill points allow us to grab more life around the tree as this build starves for points
5. Added pathfinder as an option instead of Elementalist, personally I prefer Elementalist but Pathfinder provides more comfortable flask sustain.(If going pathfinder take the pathfinder node in merciless lab and go path of the shadow instead path of the witch)

GEAR + JEWELS

REQUIRED GEAR

Spoiler

The good ol' protector as always

Cospri's Malice 100% needed, build doesn't work without it

Elreon rings needed to sustain shield charge and cyclone, need atleast 2x -7

Lycosidae is a must have, frees up gem slots and passives as we don't need to worry about accuracy.

Vinktar is our main source of leech.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED GEAR
**NOTE: If your gear is not good enough to cap res use rare gloves with attack speed, rare belt and/or rare helmet**
Spoiler

Voll's Devotion is BIS for damage although when clearing I often use Bisco's and swap in Voll's for single target.

With these boots we no longer need Blade Vortex in our 6-link and are pretty much always topped up when it comes to power charges.

Gloves crafted with Essence of Insanity, this boosts our shield charge speed by a ton.

Starkonja's with a shield charge attack speed in highly recommended for the helmet slot, all of it's stats are super useful to us.

I think this belt is BiS as it provides a lot of speed and it's also noticable on single target, if you're playing HC you might want to use a rare leather belt with high life.

Once you have good gear and can reliably one-shot packs, cap res and have a decent life pool you might want to consider using a Bisco's Collar to boost your loot drops.

JEWELS
Spoiler

First of all, we need a +2 mana gained on hit jewel to sustain cyclone if using a 6-link, alira regen seems to sustain our cyclone on a 5-link though.

Example rare jewel:

Stats in order of priority:
1. Life
2. Crit multi
3. Attack speed
4. Resistances

You can also use Intuitive Leap:

GEM LINKS

Spoiler
6-link
6-link set up I'll be going for:
Cyclone - Cast On Crit - Crit Strikes - Discharge - Concetrated Effect - Life Leech?/fortify

Gloves
Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Crit Strikes - AoE

Weapon
Discharge - Controlled Destruction - AoE/Conc

Boots
This spot is totally flexible, this is what I'm using but feel free to use whatever suits you. You can use the links to cap your res with purities if needed.
2-link: Herald of Ice - AoE
2-Link: Purity of Fire - Flame Golem/Enlighten

Helmet
Vaal Haste - Ice Golem - Increased Duration - Vaal Lightning Trap

Shield
CWDT - IC - Warlord's Mark

VIDEOS

For fastest response message me on discord: Kubv.#7514
Last edited by kubaslov on Jan 6, 2018, 12:50:04 AM
Last bumped on Dec 5, 2018, 4:14:21 PM
Interested to see how this turns out, wouldn't mind running a fakener/CoC at some point in the future.
I've been waiting for this! Just tried to re-make Fakener on Standard with Headhunter/other high end gear, and it felt pretty good. My single target lacked, but clear speed still felt really godly, even when I tested it without Dying Sun! Will have to start levelling a Scion today :-)
Nice, I've been working on a similar build. Popped in the stream for a bit, stoked to see you try The Flow Untethered.

Feel free to check out the setup that's been working for me, using the belt and arcane surge: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Icaros/characters?characterName=Icaros_ShesGottaCoC
Last edited by Icaros on Aug 27, 2017, 7:07:40 PM
Pretty much the build I'm currently running. Any idea on how we could free up a flask slot for Dying Sun other than using Death's Door? Inya's is just too good to pass. I was thinking about the Esh shield but then we'd have to drop Lyco. Maybe just switching gear, it's a lot nicer to clear with Dying Sun even after the AoE nerfs.
"
Purexec wrote:
Pretty much the build I'm currently running. Any idea on how we could free up a flask slot for Dying Sun other than using Death's Door? Inya's is just too good to pass. I was thinking about the Esh shield but then we'd have to drop Lyco. Maybe just switching gear, it's a lot nicer to clear with Dying Sun even after the AoE nerfs.

Literally nothing you can replace apart from putting an immunity on your quicksilver or use death's door with the old blade vortex setup.
"
I've been waiting for this! Just tried to re-make Fakener on Standard with Headhunter/other high end gear, and it felt pretty good. My single target lacked, but clear speed still felt really godly, even when I tested it without Dying Sun! Will have to start levelling a Scion today :-)

If u single target felt shit on STD just input my profile on POB that will answer most of ur question also use that new harbinger belt for the +1 extra discharge per sec
A day w/o dealing with stupid ppl is like....Never mind. Ill tell u if it ever happens
Solid build overall, great job.

Created a Trickster to see if Cospri was still good and after regretting my decision I respecced to Assassin and been having a blast.

But Scion is probably better overall, sure. I even made some tree that I lost or deleted. Been waiting for your tree to create one.

But why Scion over Assassin? Let's start on which things Assassin is better than Scion.

- First hit - Ambush notable gives us 100% More Critical Strike Chance on enemies that have Full Life. This is a great buff for mapping and it helps getting us to max power charges rather quickly.

- Culling Strike - Assassinate ascendancy notable gives us Culling Strike on critical, which helps greatly against tougher bosses. This also gives us 100% More Critical Strike chance vs enemies that are on low life.

- +1 Power Charge - Deadly Infusion notable gives us +1 Power Charge, that's it.

It's not that bad, am I right? Yeah, the damage the Assassin gives is huge, but after the Deadly Infusion nerf it feels inconsistent. We are always using our Power Charges so we lose the +2% Critical Strike chance often.

It'll kill you more often than you think. I died so much because of that. Having 6, 5 power charges and not dealing one critical strike.

Why I think Scion is better:

- Reflect damage reduction - We deal so much damage all the time and we are always blasting through packs. After the ES nerfs we have a smaller EHP with Cospri's Discharge and more often than I would like to I die to reflect with Assassin. We get 50% reduced from Elementalist, 25% from Pantheon and we could get 10% from the tree, totalling 85% Reduced damage from reflect. Considering only Lighning Damage, having 79% Max Resist with a Purity of Lightning and having 5K hp we should deal 793K damage, with one Discharge, to instakill vs a elemental mob on a normal map. I still wouldn't run a Ele Reflection map, but this is a great layer of defense against my biggest concern with Assassin.

- 1,5%+ Critical Strike chance - Doesn't depend on Power Charges, active all the time. It gives us so much security and we don't rely on RNG that much. The Assassin node even gives 20% Chance to give us a Power Charge on hit vs enemies that are on Full life vs 10% on non-critical strike of the Unstable Infusion node.

I'll follow your guide in the following weeks and I'll keep posting my findings here.

Thank you for the great build.
Someone else mentioned already that you are testing "The Flow Untethered". Pretty sure your test will find that it is easily BiS for the belt.

Also I was wondering about what your uptime is on Vinktar's as I see you are not using Overflowing Chalice and Vinktar going down should result in a quick death pretty often. That is my main sticking point why I can't decide between Scion and a Pathfinder version of it. Scion is reflect immune, the Pathfinder has permanent flask uptime for the leech and still has very good crit through flask effectiveness of the Diamond Flask.
Gonna start making this build, although I was wondering how good 3 elemental Grand Spectrum would be? It would give 96% elemental for 3 skill points which isn't bad.

Also, why do you pick elemental equilibrium? Is it because cyclone procs cold only so discharge explosions deal more damage in between? Wouldn't the discharges counteract each other?

Last time I did a fakener was back in 2.0 I think so I am sure lots have change since then.
Last edited by Icemasta on Aug 28, 2017, 9:32:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info