THE NEW FAKENER (3.1 UPDATE) || DISCHARGE || COSPRI'S MALICE|| STILL SUPER FAST || CAN USE BISCO'S

"
Ravenstaver wrote:
"
KuronishiX wrote:
"
have you tried using blasphemy warlords instead of elreon rings to sustain mana? elreon rings don't really even completely sustain the mana cost from using cyclone

With taking Alira's side you get mana regen from her, Using 2 Elreon rings with at least -7 mana usage on skills puts Cyclone on 5-7 mana per use. The mana regen from both the skill tree and Alira is more than enough to sustain the mana cost, and you are already using 2 reserved spells, A purity of your choice and Hatred.

Have you even played the build? I'm running with a -7 and a -8 mana elreon ring. My mana cost of cyclone is 20.

EDIT: looked at your character page, you're running with a 4 link. That's why.

I should probably get around to making it a 5L
"
Ravenstaver wrote:
I have 2 major issues with this build now that i've played it through to L86. One is that i am still sub 4k life. That's probably a gear issue more than anything.

The other issue is that killing bosses just feels really bad. The single target damage feels terrible and that combined with lack of survivability really does kill the longevity this build could possess for me.

Get diamond rings, buy yourself two 20/20 Discharge (costs like 8c), get better jewels with atleast 2x critmulti (around 2c -> poe.trade/search/moheyoyaratuni), switch IncAoe for Conc for singletarget.
Sin struggling for crit? Nice joke https://youtu.be/53Y7z1_Swww
"
Ravenstaver wrote:
I have 2 major issues with this build now that i've played it through to L86. One is that i am still sub 4k life. That's probably a gear issue more than anything.

The other issue is that killing bosses just feels really bad. The single target damage feels terrible and that combined with lack of survivability really does kill the longevity this build could possess for me.

Please, take a look at my gear/jewels and tell me what you think i'm doing wrong. Thanks.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ravenstaver/characters?characterName=LadyGoingFast

You have fire damage to attacks on your gloves which messes up your Elemental Equilibrium so get rid of those .If your single target feels bad use vaal lightning trap and swap in conc for bosses that should be a massive boost to your single target. A lot of the damage you do on fakener comes from multi on your jewels. For life, I would recommend getting life on majority of your jewels, take a look at the note I made above recommended items and maybe switch from rat's nest to a starkonja's + switch elreon diamond rings.
I am on mobile so I can't be bothered to quote all the different posts I will be answering to here.

1. Leveling Cyclone DOES matter. You gain a serious buff in area with higher levels which makes it feels much nice on single target because you don't keep whirling out of reach all the time.

2. Assassin does have huge damage problems with Discharge builds since 3.0. Every Discharge happens at exactly 0 Power Charges. That means Assassin loses the +2% base crit from Ascendancy (happens only at full power charges). That will result in a very low crit chance for all Discharges which in turn results in crit multi being not really effective as a damage source.

That of course does not matter for clearing. The damage is still enough and the +crit works great to proc Discharges. But the Discharge damage is just not there to do anything but farm lower maps very quickly or do very slow t13+ maps with boss fights that take forever due to damage lacking.

3. The boss single target damage of Discharge is bad? Wtf are you doin? Check my profile for an example of a level 86 Cospris Discharger running T15 maps and killing the bosses in like 5 seconds. Guardians will come next.

4. Can't really say anything about the mana problems because I have opted for Pathfinder+Assassin Scion and have a huge amount of mana regen because of that (from tree, not ascendancy). But Getting the boot enchant of "0.5-0.6% of damage leeched as life and mana if you have killed recently" will take care of that mapping and map bosses. Also, I made it a point to get a 2x crit multi, "2mana gained for each enemy hit" jewel, makes mana a non-issue.

5. Repeating myself, but as there are still people complaining about low damage/single target damage: At least 70% of your damage comes from jewels in every Discharge build... If you complain about low damage and then I see you not taking every jewel slot you can that is 3 point away from your n ormal path I just don't get it. You don't have to get 3-4 crit multi mods on a jewel. Just take some with 2x crit multi and some spell/lighting/area damage. Will cost you 10-20c and give you 20% damage, right there.
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 2, 2017, 1:05:49 PM
"
Mecielle wrote:
I am on mobile so I can't be bothered to quote all the different posts I will be answering to here.

2. Assassin does have huge damage problems with Discharge builds since 3.0. Every Discharge happens at exactly 0 Power Charges. That means Assassin loses the +2% base crit from Ascendancy (happens only at full power charges). That will result in a very low crit chance for all Discharges which in turn results in crit multi being not really effective as a damage source.

what? if every Discharge happened at 0 Power Charges, how can Discharge do ANY damage? i'm a bit confused. the fact that every Discharge does NOT happen at FULL PCs is what makes Assassin a weak choice...
"
theamato wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:

what? if every Discharge happened at 0 Power Charges, how can Discharge do ANY damage? i'm a bit confused. the fact that every Discharge does NOT happen at FULL PCs is what makes Assassin a weak choice...

Maybe I was unclear? Discharge consumes all power charges, before the crit chance of said discharge is calculated, all power charges are consumed.

Flowchart: 6xPCs -> Cyclone crits -> discharge triggered -> damage is calculated and charges consumed -> 0xPCs -> crit is calculated -> Discharge happens.

All this happens pretty much instantly of course, but that is what is said happens during a discharge. So far it is the same for all Discharge builds. But Assassin has the added problem that at 0 PCs it also loses the +2% base crit from Ascendancy. Scion Assassin keeps the +1.5% base crit even at 0 PCs.

Hopefully that was clearer. If you know that the crit is calculated before the Power Charges are consumed I am obviously wrong and have acted on false information.
Starkonja's with 40% Discharge Damage vs. Shield Charge - is the discharge damage worth it at all?
id say get discharge dmg since normaly on league discharge is hard to optimize due to the rariity of GG jewels for it
A day w/o dealing with stupid ppl is like....Never mind. Ill tell u if it ever happens
"
Jakle1111 wrote:
Starkonja's with 40% Discharge Damage vs. Shield Charge - is the discharge damage worth it at all?

Depends on your gear, you just need to feel it out but I'd personally go for shield charge attack speed as long as your damage is sufficient enough to clear comfortably.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info