[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
thi3n wrote:
That's right, the new fated Atziri shield makes you unaffected by curses!

I was looking at that too, but shaper weapons are so good, you're looking at a massive damage hit. I suppose you might just reach the point where you have more damage than you need, and you want the convenience, though.
I tried with Hall of Grandmasters today. I ended it with some difficulties (1 death) but with some patience is possible.
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
I can't wait to give this a shot in the new league! With the changes to hierophant totems are going to be really good I think.
So Inquisitor received zero changes. #revamp #sadface

Now lets just wait for the patch notes and see if glacial cascade and shaper mods get destroyed.
It could be much worse, it could be nerfed. I think Inqusitor is balanced as it is.
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
Last edited by lourun_coria on Feb 27, 2018, 3:58:32 AM
I think Inquisitor is still the best choice for GC Totems among the Templar Ascendancies. Although Trickster with Harness the Void is insane for conversion builds like ours... If they keep it the way it is I might start Trickster and take a crack at an evasion/es based build with a tree roughly like this:

https://poeplanner.com/AAsAAPcACyYBAHhFfJeX-_W0OOUZjDYWv3X9hG_UQrVIidNwUioLXfIOSBGWBx6VLvDVSVGP-uv1wwnyHbmTf8aTJ76KoS9sCyL0bRmX9FJTPV-XlUyzrrNBltD1BAfQH-_rHwI2xYPzTq6xNq4Sj0YdFPrSZp5Y5SoTWiuj8nIPlG9mVDwF73yOZPemtvqf35o7gpvtPNWmFkCFfSsKES_rY--I-TfXz0mxi3oBb-L3hEhca8Nt99ebobcxjHZXlClPnjzAZhFQpys1uR1P2VsbJUuu6QIYajlSWAdR-80WHxh71yBuUDDbXgkgo6ORR4Cz-aRw1EyDdIEAAAAAAA==

Low life with Pain Attunement Keystone and some great aura options for a high budget endgame build with Watchers Eye with some aura options like Hatred, Discipline, Clarity, Grace, and Haste.

No resist melt from Inquis means picking up things like Ele Weakness and/or Frostbite (maybe on Blasphemy or linked to a higher level Arcane Surge).

Zero mana cost movement abilities lead the way for links like SC/WB - Culling Strike - Faster Attacks - Fortify.

I think Harness the Void might be the single most ridiculous Ascendancy node I've seen so far. People familiar with the mechanics of conversion and the "gain as extra" are aware of how great that node is for Phys to Ele skills like Glacial Cascade. The wording of Non-Chaos as Chaos leads me to believe that it will work with both preconverted and postconverted damage which is just insane for the build. If it remains unchanged by the time patch notes rolls around I could see a lot of builds going Trickster... finish your Normal lab and just faceroll until maps.

Last edited by thi3n on Mar 20, 2018, 1:32:58 PM
"
thi3n wrote:
I think Inquisitor is still the best choice for GC Totems among the Templar Ascendancies.

For boss damage? Yes, but not by a huge margin. For mapping heirophant will be a lot better. Tons of totem placement speed, and just the higher quantity of totems should make it a lot more fluid.

"
Low life with Pain Attunement Keystone and some great aura options for a high budget endgame build with Watchers Eye with some aura options like Hatred, Discipline, Clarity, Grace, and Haste.

Not sure I see the point in low life, you're not going to make up the lost damage from soul mantle with a meager 30% from pain attunement, not even including the auras. Or are you planning to couruscating your way to victory? Suppose if you're just bossing rather than mapping that's an okay solution.

Edit: also took the wrong route out of shadow start. Phys and chaos nodes should be strictly better. All our damage is scaled off physical anyway, and then the chaos on top is just a bonus.

"
No resist melt from Inquis means picking up things like Ele Weakness and/or Frostbite (maybe on Blasphemy or linked to a higher level Arcane Surge).

Half your damage will be chaos, and big bosses have 80% less curse effect. I mean you could do it if you want, but I don't think it will be a big deal to run it or not.

"
I think Harness the Void might be the single most ridiculous Ascendancy node I've seen so far. People familiar with the mechanics of conversion and the "gain as extra" are aware of how great that node is for Phys to Ele skills like Glacial Cascade. The wording of Non-Chaos as Chaos leads me to believe that it will work with both preconverted and postconverted damage which is just insane for the build.

That exact mod with that exact wording already exists on elder amulets, and it does double dip in the way you're talking about. So unless the 3.2 patch notes have a fix for this, yes, trickster will be the most OP shit in the game.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Feb 27, 2018, 8:35:36 PM
I will play SSF HC this leaque and planning an hierophant version of this build. I am unsure if i have to/should go crit. Do you guys think a non crit version could be viable as hierophant? Or is non crit garbage idea with glacial cascade?

Thanks for helping me out!
"
Not sure I see the point in low life, you're not going to make up the lost damage from soul mantle with a meager 30% from pain attunement, not even including the auras. Or are you planning to couruscating your way to victory? Suppose if you're just bossing rather than mapping that's an okay solution.
I was still going to use soul mantle... is that too greedy? Haha. I usually use my GC Totems character to do all content, fill out the atlas, and then make fast mappers. The Templar sticks around for any tough bosses that my other characters can't kill. So with my approach to leagues bossing is paramount for my 1st character.

"
Edit: also took the wrong route out of shadow start. Phys and chaos nodes should be strictly better. All our damage is scaled off physical anyway, and then the chaos on top is just a bonus.
Good call on this! This character would be my first shadow of any kind.

"
Half your damage will be chaos, and big bosses have 80% less curse effect. I mean you could do it if you want, but I don't think it will be a big deal to run it or not.
This is a good point, maybe I'll run defensive curses instead. My thought was to stack a ton of extra ele damages and do tons of conversion allowing Harness the Void to dip as much as possible.

Something like Double Threshhold jewels for 100% Phys to Cold, Cold to Fire Support and Pyre Ring for 90% Cold to Fire. In this world, Harness the Void works on preconverted phys, converted cold, AND converted fire. Combine this with the Extra ele I'm getting from Added Fire, Cold to Fire, Hearld of Ash, Hatred, Shaper mods, and potentially ToH... Ele Weakness should put in a lot of work.
"
I will play SSF HC this leaque and planning an hierophant version of this build. I am unsure if i have to/should go crit. Do you guys think a non crit version could be viable as hierophant? Or is non crit garbage idea with glacial cascade?

Thanks for helping me out!
One of the best ways to scale damage is crit and crit multi since these are multiplicative. While you get to move away from crit nodes in the tree, the other things you'll be picking up will likely be additive (spell damage, elemental damage, and generic totem damage for example). However, non Crit gets access to Elemental Overload which is a nice more multiplier... I say try it, especially in an SSF environment!

I know I'll be answering a lot of Hierophant questions in this thread given their buff in 3.2 but I stand by using Inquisitor for the time being! :)

I'll add a little write up in the Questions section of the main post which will go over my thoughts. The TL;DR is that Hiero is a great choice and smoother/faster mapper but Inquis still boasts the best single target for people wanting to take on Shaper/Elder/Uber Atziri and the like.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info