[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
"
lourun_coria wrote:
Can anyone confirm if Shaper/Elder/Uber Atziri can be Chilled/Shocked with direct damage?

I wonder about the effectivity of Hypothermia with these very high tier Bosses.

Yes, they can. Prior to 3.0 some bosses had immunity to elemental status effects, but not anymore.

There is a minimum threshold for chilling though. Normally to chill you have to hit for at least 0.33% of a target's maximum life, but since hypothermia has 20% increased chill effect, you only need to hit for 0.275% of the target's maximum life in order to chill.

I have no trouble chilling shaper, but it is possible at lower gear levels that you might. If you wanted to kill shaper without getting better gear first, re-coloring to put in ele focus would certainly be a nice boost. 6B and 5B1G are both really easy colorings to hit, so it isn't a big deal at all to swap when you want to farm shaper, then swap again when you want to go back to mapping.

You can also force-chill with chilled ground. There's no threshold for that. Aquamarine flasks, arctic breath, arctic armor, whatever. Probably isn't worth trying to do that though. If you don't do enough damage to chill, and you really want to fight shaper, I'd just re-color.

Edit: Just imported you into PoB. The cold portion of your minimum damage hit is enough to chill shaper. You're fine.

Great Mate.

I should pay you a beer for that.
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
Holy crap you see the Ascendancy updates coming? This build will be able to do five totem! LOL not to mention generating power charges and permanent arcane surge, and immunity to elemental ailments!
"
ttusher wrote:
Holy crap you see the Ascendancy updates coming? This build will be able to do five totem! LOL not to mention generating power charges and permanent arcane surge, and immunity to elemental ailments!

If you go heiro instead of inquis...yes
Can't wait to see how his build will perform in 3.2 with the Hiero rework!
I really want to give this a go as my league starter.
I'm thinking the exact same thing. seeing those hierophant reworks yesterday made me immediately want to run a totem build next league. of course we still have a lot more changes to see. but i'm already thinking of starting as totem, then making an assassin.
How many changes a build like this would need to work with the new hierophant ?
I'll wait for inquisitor reveal and patch note but i wonder, the idea of playing hierophant with this build is attractive.
My thoughts on the new Hierophant in 3.2 for this build:

Overall I think it will be very powerful and tanky after a few tweaks to the build.

1.Despite losing a gem link, we won't need to use soul mantle, opening up huge variety of choices for chest pieces providing more survivalbility. Also makes general gameplay and super long-phased fights easier as we don't need to manage curses w.o soul mantle.

2.Totem placement speed is one of the biggest weakness of the build right now.90% inherent totem placement speed on hierophant is an insane improvement for QoL in map clearing and ability to react to dangerous situations. Although without Instruments of virtue we probably need bunch of attack speed on weapon or tree to feel good moving around.

3.Damage ceiling should be similar to Inquisitor in 3.1 versus map bosses, but WORSE than our inquisitor build on the super endgame bosses. Proper amount of resist penetration will be needed to take on the tanky bosses. Currently considering going crit with the abyss chest + dual wielding shaper mod weapons with gain ele damage mod.

Spell totem-Glacial Cascade-Crit strikes-Conc effect-physical to lightning/controlled destructions
or simply using cold penetration in a regular 6link and go non-crit.
Spell totem-Glacial Casacde-Cold pen-Controlled destruction-Conc effect-Hypothermia

4.The 'immune to ele status while arcane surge is active' passive feels redundant for this build in particular because we don't expect to stand right in middle of mobs. And we are already have freeze immunity through kaom's roots. Ignite and shock immunity is very nice but we can already get these on flasks.

5.Glacial cascade might not be the best skill for hierophant. Considering shockwave, bladefall and darkpact totems because these gets mitigated much less than elemental damage vs high resist targets.
Last edited by Exodus_820 on Feb 21, 2018, 6:40:16 PM
"
Exodus_820 wrote:
My thoughts on the new Hierophant in 3.2 for this build:

Overall I think it will be very powerful and tanky after a few tweaks to the build.

1.Despite losing a gem link, we won't need to use soul mantle, opening up huge variety of choices for chest pieces providing more survivalbility. Also makes general gameplay and super long-phased fights easier as we don't need to manage curses w.o soul mantle.

2.Totem placement speed is one of the biggest weakness of the build right now.90% inherent totem placement speed on hierophant is an insane improvement for QoL in map clearing and ability to react to dangerous situations. Although without Instruments of virtue we probably need bunch of attack speed on weapon or tree to feel good moving around.

3.Damage ceiling should be similar to Inquisitor in 3.1 versus map bosses, but WORSE than our inquisitor build on the super endgame bosses. Proper amount of resist penetration will be needed to take on the tanky bosses. Currently considering going crit with the abyss chest + dual wielding shaper mod weapons with gain ele damage mod.

Spell totem-Glacial Cascade-Crit strikes-Conc effect-physical to lightning/controlled destructions
or simply using cold penetration in a regular 6link and go non-crit.
Spell totem-Glacial Casacde-Cold pen-Controlled destruction-Conc effect-Hypothermia

4.The 'immune to ele status while arcane surge is active' passive feels redundant for this build in particular because we don't expect to stand right in middle of mobs. And we are already have freeze immunity through kaom's roots. Ignite and shock immunity is very nice but we can already get these on flasks.

5.Glacial cascade might not be the best skill for hierophant. Considering shockwave, bladefall and darkpact totems because these gets mitigated much less than elemental damage vs high resist targets.

Great thoughts, thanks for sharing. Cloak of Defiance could be an interesting alternative to Soul Mantle. Coupled with Divine Guidance it can give us 50% MoM. I agree that we might have to consider something like dark pact totems as Hierophant. I'm not so keen on Shockwave and Bladefall as they still need ele conversion to get maximum dps.
Waiting for patch notes before I update the guide too much. Really exciting spoiler just announced for a shield that would be great for our build. Not sure how rare this prophecy will be or how expensive/accessible this shield will be but it needs to be mentioned for ALL Soul Mantle guides:

That's right, the new fated Atziri shield makes you unaffected by curses!
Last edited by thi3n on Feb 22, 2018, 8:17:45 PM
Unless the yet to be revealed classes contain some OP stuff and/or the patch notes have some major nerfs to totem builds, every man and his dog is gonna be playing hierophant. All these items are gonna be expensive AF, particularly the fated Atziri's mirror, seeing as it is gated behind Uber. Fortunately, we've been juggling Warding flasks since forever, so that shield is more like a QoL thing than anything else. I mean, it doesn't really offer much else apart from that stat and it is a huge decrease in DPS compared to the alternatives.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info