[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
Good points, all of them. What worries me is Elder/Shaper rares going up in prices since when I've read "Maps that contain The Elder no longer contain additional monsters or provide Elder rare items from monsters other than The Elder.". But I can't find the Shaper counterpart of this, so we can still get Shaper rares from mobs?

This isn't all elder-infected maps, it is specifically the one that has spawned the elder on it.

The reason they did this change is because people would manipulate their atlas to get the elder on a map they wanted to farm (shaped vault, for example) and then never actually spawn and kill him (since if you haven't killed the elder guardians you just get the regular map boss). So they got to run it over and over, but the elder infection never cleared. Infinite elder item farming.

If it has any effect on shaper rares at all, it will cause there to be MORE on the market, because people will have to run shaper maps in order to spread elder, instead of having the ability to infinitely farm an elder-infected map.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Feb 28, 2018, 8:16:14 PM
Damn, I'm sleeping. Thanks for correcting me! Good night everyone.
"
PoB has been updated. Did some quick calcs using my gear from abyss league (vs shaper):

Basic inquisitor: 392k dps x 3 totems = 1.18M dps

Heirophant without any other changes: 178k dps x 5 totems = 890k dps

Changing my shaper items from lighting to cold, and changing faster casting for cold penetration in links, heirophant gives: 217k dps x 5 totems = 1.08M dps.

Replacing my granite flask with a wise oak: 244k x 5 totems = 1.22M dps

--------------

Now there's other potential changes that could be done to optimize for heirophant (don't have any penetration on anything gear wise). Long story short, heirophant will be competitive against bosses (though inquisitor should still win at the highest gear levels, because GG shaper weapons are mixed element). But since heirophant will give dramatic mapping improvement while offering competitive boss damage and stronger MoM, it seems like a no-brainer to me.

There is the fact that we lose IoV. It won't effect me much, since I use lightning warp in my variant of the build, but for people who don't, that's certainly a consideration.

I think I'd like to try hiero gc totems as well. Did you change the tree at all? Would you mind sharing your POB? It sounds like you're on to something!
You got to think if its worth Atziris Reflection, the loss of damage is going to be high, wonder if your able to down shaper with it geared ?
"
m0onknight wrote:
I think I'd like to try hiero gc totems as well. Did you change the tree at all? Would you mind sharing your POB? It sounds like you're on to something!

Like I said it is just my gear from last league, so not super optimal or anything, but here it is:
https://pastebin.com/cbkuCf3B

I didn't change the tree at all, other than going heirophant.

Sum total of things I did change was:
Shaper mods changed from lightning to cold
Wise oak in place of a granite flask
Cold penetration in place of faster casting in the main link

Heirophant will change our stat priorities a little. Crit is slightly less important (still really good though), penetration becomes a good shaper mod on weapons, sambar scepter is probably best base type for offhand weapon. Otherwise it is all pretty much the same.

Edit: with all that heirophant totem placement speed, we could probably drop shamanistic fury, and pick up throat seeker, for a bit more damage. Bumps it up to 1.29M DPS. Probably don't need the totem placement speed boots either, but w/e.

Edit2: since cold pen and hypothermia are the same color, a new gem-swap option is available.

Ele focus + cold pen on bosses (1.38M dps), inc AoE + hypothermia on trash.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Feb 28, 2018, 9:20:50 PM
"

Like I said it is just my gear from last league, so not super optimal or anything, but here it is:

Heirophant will change our stat priorities a little. Crit is slightly less important (still really good though), penetration becomes a good shaper mod on weapons, sambar scepter is probably best base type for offhand weapon. Otherwise it is all pretty much the same.

Edit: with all that heirophant totem placement speed, we could probably drop shamanistic fury, and pick up throat seeker, for a bit more damage. Bumps it up to 1.29M DPS. Probably don't need the totem placement speed boots either, but w/e.

Edit2: since cold pen and hypothermia are the same color, a new gem-swap option is available.

This is looking very solid, pure cold is the way to go with hierophant. Except that these numbers are based on having 8 curses on you with a 20% self-flagellation. Realistically it would probably be somewhere around 5-6 curses. And although Hierophant has insane totem placement speed(which is VERY huge),sustaining 5 totems DPSing at once will be harder than doing so with only 3 totems in a AoE heavy fight like shaper himself or the anticipated chaotic uber elder as hierophant doesn't add any extra survivalbility for totems.

What I plan do this league, is to simply start with a Hierophant to unlock atlas until T15s and farm currency to try to acquire better shaper rare to link my chest. Then I will change ascendancy back to inquisitor to do the super endgame content with the fed gear, instead of trying to invest heavily on hierophant class to handle these hardest fights.
Last edited by Exodus_820 on Feb 28, 2018, 10:06:49 PM
"
Exodus_820 wrote:
"

This is looking very solid, pure cold is the way to go with hierophant. Except that these numbers are based on having 8 curses on you with a 20% self-flagellation. Realistically it would probably be somewhere around 5-6 curses. And although Hierophant has insane totem placement speed(which is VERY huge),sustaining 5 totems DPSing at once will be harder than doing so with only 3 totems in a AoE heavy fight like shaper himself or the anticipated chaotic uber elder as hierophant doesn't add any extra survivalbility for totems.

What I plan do this league, is to simply start with a Hierophant to unlock atlas until T15s and farm currency to try to acquire better shaper rare to link my chest. Then I will change ascendancy back to inquisitor to do the super endgame content with the fed gear, instead of trying to invest heavily on hierophant class to handle these hardest fights.

Edit: nm, mistake!
Last edited by Glendoor on Feb 28, 2018, 10:34:47 PM
"
Exodus_820 wrote:
This is looking very solid, pure cold is the way to go with hierophant. Except that these numbers are based on having 8 curses on you with a 20% self-flagellation. Realistically it would probably be somewhere around 5-6 curses.

I can stack up to 8 when pre-buffing for boss fights with my inquisitor, and that's without the 90% increased placement speed from hierophant. In any case, the comparison to inquisitor is fine, since I assumed 8 curses there too. It is a little RNG since sometimes you refresh a curse you already had instead of getting a new one, but it mostly works.

It is true that during the fight my curse count probably falls down to more like 4-5 if the fight lasts for more than a few seconds. But again I used the same curse count for inquis and hierophant, so the comparison is still good.

"
And although Hierophant has insane totem placement speed(which is VERY huge),sustaining 5 totems DPSing at once will be harder than doing so with only 3 totems in a AoE heavy fight like shaper himself or the anticipated chaotic uber elder as hierophant doesn't add any extra survivalbility for totems.

I dunno about the uber elder obviously, but it's not a problem on shaper. Give your totems a little spacing so they won't all be stacked for a beam, and you're good.

"

I usually try shaper out pretty early in terms of how my gear is going (I play softcore so doesn't really matter), so I guess I'll know one way or the other whether I want to stick with hierophant before I start investing heavily. It is really only the weapons that would be different between the two specs, but I suppose those are the most expensive slots (aside from getting a 6L).
Last edited by magicrectangle on Feb 28, 2018, 10:59:07 PM
Last edited by RonnieLee on Feb 28, 2018, 11:47:38 PM
@magicrectangle what gem would you drop on a 5 link?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info