[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
Guzonjinsin wrote:
"
tsjatupa wrote:
"
Guzonjinsin wrote:
Is watcher's eye with inc.crit while affected by hatred somewhat useful for this type of build?

The increased base crit it gives scales well for this build seeing its a crit build. What does Op think of this?

Why do some feel the need to be sarcastic even if you just ask a simple question? Is it a power play, ego, or arrogance that drives them to behave in such an irrational fashion?

Terribly sorry for trying to provide an awnser. Sad to see you took my remark as such.
I wasn't sure of the synergies of this build as I have not yet tried it and was planning to use it in 3.3.
the Wise oak works with this build ?
Just ran this build to see how it my do for a new the new league coming up. Ran it up to lvl 70. Completed Normal, Cruel and Merc Labs. Ran a couple T5 maps also.

I died only 3 times. Twice at the "The Brine King" I had low lightening resist and cold resist. Also died once in The Merciless Labyrinth to an Izaro slam.

Only used a 4 Link. Tried to keep things on the cheap and only use gear I found.

Gear used at Merc Lab:

Spoiler

Damage did seem sub-par on bosses in maps. I am guessing this is because I am not using COLD penetration yet.

update:

At lvl 71: I Ran a white lvl 77 map (old underground river) deathless. Added in the COLD penetration gem. Removed orb of storms for frost bomb since I didn't need the crit/power charges any more. Seems ok to me.

Spoiler

Updated:
Took out COLD penetration and I think this is better so far: Spell Totem - Glacial Cascade - Physical to Lightning - Increased Crit Strikes - Added Fire Also dropped Arctic armor and started using HATRED gem.

OP did list this skill order in the Normal/Cruel lab section. I just missed it.

So if and when I can convert all physical damage to cold. Then use COLD penetration. Ok I think I am starting to understand now. :)
Last edited by Scar_Finger on May 28, 2018, 3:13:59 PM
I'm thinking about playing this build for 3.3, but was thinking about going the self-flag route. Is there a build guide for that? I'm considering that because it seems to be a lazier route (since I don't need to worry about removing my curse). Is this a fair thing to think?

Also, is the self-flag route capable of doing all content also?
"
mrutomi wrote:
I'm thinking about playing this build for 3.3, but was thinking about going the self-flag route. Is there a build guide for that? I'm considering that because it seems to be a lazier route (since I don't need to worry about removing my curse). Is this a fair thing to think?

It looks like he used it for his "Sample Hiero gear at time of First Uber Elder Kill." Those 2 rings counter the curses that you cast on yourself from Soul Mantle.
Last edited by Scar_Finger on May 28, 2018, 2:41:47 AM
Thinking of trying this out SSF in 3.3. Would you recommend Inquis for SSF since you don't need to rely on hrimsorrow for full cold conversion? Or would you still go Hiero since you're able to clear a bit better on lesser gear?
It says you can on the flasks section.
Do you get rid of curses with potions? also do u mind posting league start gears?
"
Hello,

I just tried this build in Flashback and felt the damage was rather underwhelming. I am getting at best 7 - 10 K / totum at Level 79. The tree is not full and my stat stick is not that good, I am also still using a Tabla. But I played around in POB and even with a Soulmantle I wont get any where near the authors stats. I also looked at thi3n's char in Flashback but I must be missing someting cos I just cant seem to get any where near the damage he has.
You are comparing a level 79 fresh character to a level 91 character with end game gear. It takes time (to level) and currency investment (for gear) to reach end-game levels of damage with this build.

"
the Wise oak works with this build ?
This is covered in the In Gear -> In Depth Gear Explanation -> Flasks you will see where I recommend Wise Oak as a possible flask that can be used for this build.

"

In-Depth gearing section mentions Kikazaru, Questions sections mention Kikazaru, and I have a video where I open my character after an Uber Elder fight to show you I was using Kikazaru.

"
Thinking of trying this out SSF in 3.3. Would you recommend Inquis for SSF since you don't need to rely on hrimsorrow for full cold conversion? Or would you still go Hiero since you're able to clear a bit better on lesser gear?
Once patch notes are released I'll be updating the guide for 3.3 which will mention Hiero as the best choice for this build. Vaal Impurity of Ice will give the Inquis benefits while getting all of the quality of life that a Hiero has.

"
Do you get rid of curses with potions? also do u mind posting league start gears?
In the leveling section of the guide this is covered. I have recommended uniques but honestly the build does not rely on uniques and can be started on rares which I use as a league starter. If you want to try and copy the exact rares I'm using... I don't recommend that but you can look at my profile/stream when the league is started and I'll likely be running the build.
I like Hiero so Vaal Impurity of Ice is so OP OP, it could help greatly against bosses (ignoring resistances) and against Shaper and Elder.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info