Unofficial Offline Skilltree Calc (Delete the Data folder to update. Stop posting "update please" )

awesome work bro

just wish there was a way to zoom in/out w/o mouse wheel, you just cant do that w/o a mouse...
since i happend to use the planner alot in my laptop w/o mouse, im pretty much screwd lol
it apparently doesnt work with the touchpad zoom/pinch built in stuff either

it would also be awesome if it could display full values (like total health, total mana, etc)
Last edited by dKoios on Feb 14, 2013, 10:31:42 AM
when u said "USE SEARCH" i though u mean (is meant or mean? ) of the FORUM ... not the program ^^
now i did :P

it would be great if the program had a botton that, can let me mark some nodes that are not related, just mark them with colored circles, so when im building the build, i know witch nodes i have to reach (my english sucks u.u )
Last edited by randox on Feb 14, 2013, 10:58:01 AM
"
dKoios wrote:
awesome work bro

just wish there was a way to zoom in/out w/o mouse wheel, you just cant do that w/o a mouse...
since i happend to use the planner alot in my laptop w/o mouse, im pretty much screwd lol
it apparently doesnt work with the touchpad zoom/pinch built in stuff either

it would also be awesome if it could display full values (like total health, total mana, etc)

What laptop/touchpad software do you have. I'm pretty sure every touchpad these days come with either pinch-zoom or a scroll wheel. If these aren't working, they may be disabled, to re-enable them you should go to control panel -> mouse -> device settings, and select your touchpad, then click settings. A window should pop up and you should be able to re-enable some of these features.

The issue with the total values, like total health and mana is the same issue as to why there currently isn't a DPS calculator:
"
Headhorr wrote:
the problem isn't implementing the basic dps calc.

right now everything is automatically generated directly from the poe data.

to implement a dps calculator, you'll need to split up all the strings into values, flagged with to what they apply and what they do.
That is the hard part.
Once it is done correctly, implementing the math should prove rather easy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"
randox wrote:
when u said "USE SEARCH" i though u mean (is meant or mean? ) of the FORUM ... not the program ^^
now i did :P

it would be great if the program had a botton that, can let me mark some nodes that are not related, just mark them with colored circles, so when im building the build, i know witch nodes i have to reach (my english sucks u.u )

You already can do something like this. At the bottom of the skill planner there is a textbox that you can enter very complicated regular expression syntax to very narrowly define what nodes to highlight. In fact, once you select these nodes via the search box, you can click the "Skill to Highlighted Nodes" and the program will make a fairly decent approximation to highlight all of the nodes in the least amount of skill points possible, be wary though, you often can alter some of the paths and save some points, so it is worth looking over a couple times seeing if you can't reduce the number of skill points used.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now for my own question: Headhorr, how did you go about storing the passive bonuses and where in which cs? I'm hoping to make an attempt at a DPS calculator in my own little way, and because I just started, it's not going to be uber-optimized, but it will work, and at least give you a place to start (if you haven't started on one already :3)
Last edited by Masterx3829 on Feb 14, 2013, 12:07:40 PM
each passive attribute is stored in a KeyValuePair<string,List<float>> or the Collection form of it Dictionary<string , List<float>>

all code for it is in SkillTree.cs

Skilltree.SelectedAttributes will give you the complete summed list.

the string looks like this, "+#% increased Melee Physical Damage" and the number of floats inside the list is exactly the number of # in the string. they can be replaced from left to right, 0 to count-1.

if you want the unaccumulated node attributes, take a look at the SelectedAttributesWithoutImplicit and SelectedAttributes property on how to get them.
"
Headhorr wrote:
each passive attribute is stored in a KeyValuePair<string,List<float>> or the Collection form of it Dictionary<string , List<float>>

all code for it is in SkillTree.cs

Skilltree.SelectedAttributes will give you the complete summed list.

the string looks like this, "+#% increased Melee Physical Damage" and the number of floats inside the list is exactly the number of # in the string. they can be replaced from left to right, 0 to count-1.

if you want the unaccumulated node attributes, take a look at the SelectedAttributesWithoutImplicit and SelectedAttributes property on how to get them.

Funny thing is, two days ago I wouldn't have known what that meant.
Btw, just as a heads up, currently if you have a plain % increase to critical strike chance on a weapon, the calculator considers that a global modifier under total attributes even though it isn't, same applies to attack speed I believe (though this is less relevant, and has less impact)
Last edited by Masterx3829 on Feb 14, 2013, 1:10:28 PM
"
KillerKG wrote:
"
NikoFrozen wrote:
best tree!

Just a suggestion if it had Undo function to turn back actions - would have been perfect..

Just click a skill to un select it again, simple.

it is very easy to unselect many nodes on the skill tree just with one click if you are not careful - I was talking for this

"
NikoFrozen wrote:
"
KillerKG wrote:
"
NikoFrozen wrote:
best tree!

Just a suggestion if it had Undo function to turn back actions - would have been perfect..

Just click a skill to un select it again, simple.

it is very easy to unselect many nodes on the skill tree just with one click if you are not careful - I was talking for this

I don't think this would be feasible, maybe one change back, but even then, due to the way the data is stored would make this difficult (unless put in as a hidden extension to build tab). Why would this matter? I can't see an example of this where it would be useful, even if you deselect a lot of nodes, you can easily put them back. To be honest, most of your base tree should probably be generated by the search + skill to highlighted nodes functionality as this saves a lot of time and is very simple to do.
"
Masterx3829 wrote:

I don't think this would be feasible, maybe one change back, but even then, due to the way the data is stored would make this difficult (unless put in as a hidden extension to build tab). Why would this matter? I can't see an example of this where it would be useful, even if you deselect a lot of nodes, you can easily put them back. To be honest, most of your base tree should probably be generated by the search + skill to highlighted nodes functionality as this saves a lot of time and is very simple to do.

It is no question for me that an undo button will be very useful. It just depends if the creator of the program can do it or not. Anyway I'm very grateful to him for his great work!

Last edited by NikoFrozen on Feb 14, 2013, 2:26:31 PM
Very nice program, this will surely come in handy. :)
"
NikoFrozen wrote:
"
Masterx3829 wrote:

It is no question for me that an undo button will be very useful. It just depends if the creator of the program can do it or not. Anyway I'm very grateful to him for his great work!

Well I'm working on a makeshift DPS calc atm, I'll see if I can't find a way to add it in after I'm done. c# is a lot easier than I first thought lol, just all the annoying objects that are new to me, rest is simple scripting where you don't have to deal with objects, just have a given input string and you perform lots of simple operations on it one at a time. So DPS calc is fairly simple, its just you are given effectively what I like to think of as matrices (actually arrays) sorting out the information you need (about 20% of the total length), doing cross checks against eachother (weapontype cross passives = attributes that only affect that weapon) and then math. That's all it is o.O but I'm not just doing a DPS calc, I'm going to make all the armor attributes add up and then (maybe) do the skill gems if the information is there for them (haven't bothered looking that far, just at weapons and armor)
Last edited by Masterx3829 on Feb 14, 2013, 6:00:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info