Unofficial Offline Skilltree Calc (Delete the Data folder to update. Stop posting "update please" )

"
mattin wrote:
Very good idea with adding "Builds" tab with save builds. But when I add and want compare multiple builds / multiple characters classes there is a mess. We don't know then what char is wchich and con not dig to source - link to forum thread build.

a)It would be nice if there is possibility to add link driving build adress on forum.This link would be added after clicking Save new --> build name : add line below for forum link so we can paste there forum adress link.

b)Additionally add at bottom "New" button - to clear build and start up fresh.

c)Add confirmation button whan deleting build, because I and my party friends deleted a char build by mistake without confirmation some times.

good points.
i'll add them to my list.
Is there a hope to get a DPS calculator working with this? Not for specific skills obviously, but just base normal shot dps?

Or is that way way way too complicated?
IGN: Caedi
"
nyates wrote:
Is there a hope to get a DPS calculator working with this? Not for specific skills obviously, but just base normal shot dps?

Or is that way way way too complicated?

The most simple form of DPS calculation I can think of is as follows:
Givens:
D = Damage
C = Weapon Crit Chance
M = Crit Multiplier (this includes from passives)
A = Attacks per Second (Attack Speed for given weapon)
E = elemental damage (if any)
Passives:
%A = Increase in attack speed
%D = Increase in physical damage (base dps is generally physical damage, add elemental bonus damage at the end)
%C = Increase in critical chance
%E = Increase in weapon elemental damage

DPS = ( D * %D * [ (1 - C * (1 + %C)) + (C * (1 + %C) * M) ] + E * (1 + %E)) * A * (1 + %A)
this is the full plug and chug equation, if you already know what your sum totals are from passives, it combines down to:
DPS = (D * [(1 - C) + (C * M)] + E) * A

A thing to not about this equation is the "1-C" term, this effectively states that the higher your critical chance, the less chance you have of hitting a regular strike, this seems to be much more easily calculated than the increase in damage due to critically striking. Another thing to note is that I have not included the elemental damage in the crit chance or multiplier, and this is because I am not sure how the elemental damage from a weapon mod interacts with criticals. You may calculate the DPS from elemental damage and physical damage separately and add them together if criticals affect elemental damage exactly the same.

I have a spreadsheet that I used to effectively plug in the values straight from the accumulator from the program, let me go fetch the link I had placed on the forum's somewhere

EDIT:
Here is the link: http://goo.gl/G9y1i
It is very simple, the first set of numbers are your equipment bonuses. The original input must be the base weapon you are using, while the bonuses conferred from the equipment go below that while still in the first number set. The second set of numbers are the passive bonuses, so just use the calculator program on windows/OSX/Unix and sum up all the bonuses that apply and place them in the proper slot. The nice thing about this spreadsheet is that it will tell you how effective the passives you are slotting in are. If you already have part of the tree filled out, you can add those passives to the top set of numbers to act as a "base" and it will tell you how effective the passives added are.

NB. This is a very simple approximation, I cannot confirm if this is exactly how damage is calculated, but it seems logical.
Last edited by Masterx3829 on Feb 12, 2013, 9:51:23 AM
the problem isn't implementing the basic dps calc.

right now everything is automatically generated directly from the poe data.

to implement a dps calculator, you'll need to split up all the strings into values, flagged with to what they apply and what they do.
That is the hard part.
Once it is done correctly, implementing the math should prove rather easy.
"
Headhorr wrote:

to implement a dps calculator, you'll need to split up all the strings into values, flagged with to what they apply and what they do.
That is the hard part.
Once it is done correctly, implementing the math should prove rather easy.

I would do this, but alas, I don't know how to code in c#, only read and parse out pseudocode (never took programming class, I just teach myself what parts of what language I need when I need it).

Hell, this might motivate me to learn how to do simple c#. Probably wont happen though, college is a time killer and I'm a very bad procrastinator, so if I would do this, college would be put at second priority and I'm already behind as it is D: in fact, I shouldn't be here! I should be doing a paper that was due yesterday >.>

Lol.
strange though, if you're bad at procrastinating wouldn't you be learning all the time? :P
"
Headhorr wrote:
"
mattin wrote:
Very good idea with adding "Builds" tab with save builds. But when I add and want compare multiple builds / multiple characters classes there is a mess. We don't know then what char is wchich and con not dig to source - link to forum thread build.

a)It would be nice if there is possibility to add link driving build adress on forum.This link would be added after clicking Save new --> build name : add line below for forum link so we can paste there forum adress link.

b)Additionally add at bottom "New" button - to clear build and start up fresh.

c)Add confirmation button whan deleting build, because I and my party friends deleted a char build by mistake without confirmation some times.

good points.
i'll add them to my list.

im glad that you agree with these improvements :) I forget mention that these link should be clickable - after clicking on the link browser open - instead of only hand-made copy-paste these link :)
how can i mark the nodes with those blue circles around??? (i saw it in a video)
type what you're looking for in the search box.
A cool feature to add would be a little zoom bar or something like that. I sometimes like to use my laptop without a mouse and I cannot zoom in.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info