[3.4] ELE CLAW INQUISITOR | Farm Shaper on 3Link! + UberElder, UberAtziri | very Budget friendly!

"
umx wrote:
"
baileymc95 wrote:
"
umx wrote:
i can not for the life of me get 4 red 2 blue. I did how ever get 5 red 1 blue.. whats a good option for a 5th.. dmg on full life? or fire pen?

Honestly, it's not that hard to get 4R2B, spend 10C and buy some chromes and you've got a decent chance at it.

i went thru a 1000 so ya nto that easy

According to the chrom calculator it should take on average 162 chroms (~15 chaos) to get 4R2B in a belly of the beast. Of course outliers do happen, and it sucks if that's you, but keep at it.

Fire pen is useless, since you're an inquisitor. If you're drained on currency and can't keep trying for the right colors, damage on full life would work, but it isn't as reliable as it was with the old vaal pact, obviously.
i am just spamming chat now for chromos - did u see my question about the rings on the last page last post..
and thanks by the way for the info
"
umx wrote:
i am just spamming chat now for chromos - did u see my question about the rings on the last page last post..

http://currency.poe.trade/search?league=Abyss&online=x&want=7&have=4 if you didn't know about it lol.

Dunno about the rings, check on pob. Don't see how it'd be better than opal rings with wed though
Last edited by baileymc95 on Jan 3, 2018, 11:57:31 PM
"
baileymc95 wrote:
"
umx wrote:

http://currency.poe.trade/search?league=Abyss&online=x&want=7&have=4 if you didn't know about it lol.

Dunno about the rings, check on pob. Don't see how it'd be better than opal rings with wed though

cool thanks for the link that help slol
"
umx wrote:

so how do these rate vs elem dmg rings

%damage is basically the same as %ele damage with attacks. So it is similar to a cheap ele ring, except it has no life (well, tiny amount from the strength).

If you can afford to put 10c into ring slot (and since you've got a 6L, surely you can) you can do better with a rare.

Here's an example search:
http://poe.trade/search/ahararouamikam

Here's the top two results currently:

That top one even has the item rarity if you wanted it. The bottom one could have the strength stripped for more int, or another resist.

Of course feel free to tweak the search parameters up to suit your budget, point being it is not at all expensive to do quite a bit better than le heup.
I realllly really want to like this build, but I am not able to so much as beat hydra He is just oneshotting me, I have tried nonvp tree and now the same thing is happening with vp. I am a level 87 So still some leveling to do. I am missing 3 attackspeed nodes and a 5% health. Heres the gear. Would love some input. Also if you were to miss 5 nodese or so until your leveled what would you leave out for now? (VP tree) Point black? the 3 attack speed nodes at berserking? in ho buffed with 2 heralds I am sitting at 5552 health and tool tip dps of 51k Please and thank you I will love you forevz.

How much damage boost will it give if using helm enchant with 3 additional proj?
"
foster21 wrote:
I realllly really want to like this build, but I am not able to so much as beat hydra He is just oneshotting me, I have tried nonvp tree and now the same thing is happening with vp.

If there's any mods on the map that buff the boss, many of the mechanics can turn into one-shots. The charge up bow attack is the highest damage attack and can easily one-shot with damage mods. If there's no damage mods on the boss, then there probably shouldn't be any one-shots with your gear level, but it is certainly possible to eat one of the turret balls and then get shot by her, at any gear level. IIRC evasion doesn't work on turret balls so you can definitely eat "back to back" hits.

"
I am a level 87 So still some leveling to do. I am missing 3 attackspeed nodes and a 5% health. Heres the gear. Would love some input. Also if you were to miss 5 nodese or so until your leveled what would you leave out for now? (VP tree) Point black? the 3 attack speed nodes at berserking? in ho buffed with 2 heralds I am sitting at 5552 health and tool tip dps of 51k Please and thank you I will love you forevz.

Point blank is your number one damage node, definitely don't drop that. I'd probably drop primeval force. Damage wise it is pretty similar in value-per-point to berserking (maybe slightly better, depends on gear), but attack speed isn't just damage, it is also quality of life.

Your gear all looks pretty budget, except of course the lycosidae. My personal opinion is that a 6L rare is better than a 5L belly, but of course belly does offer a bit more life, which is apparently a concern for you at this point. IMHO damage does really cure a lot of ills though, the shorter the fight is, the less time there is for things to get fucky.

You seem to have an open jewel socket (center), might want to look to that. Both of your rare jewels have "melee damage" on them which does very little for you. It makes your tooltip look bigger, but most of your actual damage comes from the balls, which are unaffected by melee damage. Those could be sold and better ones bought with the currency.

Don't neglect abyss jewels. The +flat ele damage you can get from them is huge, and the base +life mods get multiplied by belly of the beast (and your tree of course). Looks like you have no abyssal jewels at all. At high budget (1 ex or higher per jewel) regular jewels still win out over abyssal as far as my playing around with PoB has worked out, but on ~10c per jewel abyssal ones tend to come out quite a bit better. A free abyssal jewel on belt is big too, though obviously a stygian with stats similar to your belt would cost a lot more.

Several incremental gear upgrades could also get you more life, though I'm sure you already know that and have budget reasons for what you've got there.
"
naimhairix51 wrote:
How much damage boost will it give if using helm enchant with 3 additional proj?

Assuming dying sun, you should have 9 projectiles without the enchant, 12 with. The melee hit does maybe 1 projectile worth of damage (going to vary by gear, but something like that).

So, 13/10 = 1.3, or 30% more damage. That's assuming all the balls are hitting the boss, of course. Adding more balls doesn't increase the spread though, so even if they're not all hitting, the proportions should be about right (but the melee hit will matter a little more).
"
"
foster21 wrote:
I realllly really want to like this build, but I am not able to so much as beat hydra He is just oneshotting me, I have tried nonvp tree and now the same thing is happening with vp.

If there's any mods on the map that buff the boss, many of the mechanics can turn into one-shots. The charge up bow attack is the highest damage attack and can easily one-shot with damage mods. If there's no damage mods on the boss, then there probably shouldn't be any one-shots with your gear level, but it is certainly possible to eat one of the turret balls and then get shot by her, at any gear level. IIRC evasion doesn't work on turret balls so you can definitely eat "back to back" hits.

"
I am a level 87 So still some leveling to do. I am missing 3 attackspeed nodes and a 5% health. Heres the gear. Would love some input. Also if you were to miss 5 nodese or so until your leveled what would you leave out for now? (VP tree) Point black? the 3 attack speed nodes at berserking? in ho buffed with 2 heralds I am sitting at 5552 health and tool tip dps of 51k Please and thank you I will love you forevz.

Point blank is your number one damage node, definitely don't drop that. I'd probably drop primeval force. Damage wise it is pretty similar in value-per-point to berserking (maybe slightly better, depends on gear), but attack speed isn't just damage, it is also quality of life.

Your gear all looks pretty budget, except of course the lycosidae. My personal opinion is that a 6L rare is better than a 5L belly, but of course belly does offer a bit more life, which is apparently a concern for you at this point. IMHO damage does really cure a lot of ills though, the shorter the fight is, the less time there is for things to get fucky.

You seem to have an open jewel socket (center), might want to look to that. Both of your rare jewels have "melee damage" on them which does very little for you. It makes your tooltip look bigger, but most of your actual damage comes from the balls, which are unaffected by melee damage. Those could be sold and better ones bought with the currency.

Don't neglect abyss jewels. The +flat ele damage you can get from them is huge, and the base +life mods get multiplied by belly of the beast (and your tree of course). Looks like you have no abyssal jewels at all. At high budget (1 ex or higher per jewel) regular jewels still win out over abyssal as far as my playing around with PoB has worked out, but on ~10c per jewel abyssal ones tend to come out quite a bit better. A free abyssal jewel on belt is big too, though obviously a stygian with stats similar to your belt would cost a lot more.

Several incremental gear upgrades could also get you more life, though I'm sure you already know that and have budget reasons for what you've got there.

Now that is some super helpful indepth help I would agree with you on alllll of that MINUS I dont think I would have considered it to be budget, but of course thats all relative, I dont think I want to give up the belly for a solid 6link chest, but I think I will be switching out of melee and into murderous eye jewels, I have just gotten the notion that flat life is buffed MORE than I thought by %life. I was always under the assumption %life or bust, but it seems to be evening out now. As far as hydra is concerned maybe it was just bad rolls about 3 times in a row on the boss, I was just a bit disheartened but I will make incremental gear improvements and add some eyes, and take a better look at the tree with point blank. Thanks again. Huge help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info