[3.4] ELE CLAW INQUISITOR | Farm Shaper on 3Link! + UberElder, UberAtziri | very Budget friendly!

"
wickster92 wrote:
I'm struggling to decide between the VP and the Non-VP build. I've went down the VP path before the other tree was posted, and I don't know why, but I feel drawn to the Non-VP one.

I'm interested in any opinions anyone has between the two from a play-style/survivability standpoint. Are there any power level/life level breakpoints to consider before switching to Non-VP? I'm semi-casual and it seems like a large investment for an unknown quantity but it's still attractive to me.

One other question -- why is lyco so good vs. the orient claw to get the "hits can't be evaded"? Does it just free up the weapon to be able to stack crit? I feel like I'm not understanding something about that shield.

Hey,

For anyone who is a HC player in Abyss league this season, I can give some info on my experience thus far. I'm almost level 88 on HC and am really loving this build, thanks so much OP.

I used the VP tree up till level 87 and just recently switched to Non-VP. You gain a bit more health and quite a bit more damage thanks to two extra jewel nodes, and the only draw back I've felt has been less crit (which is obviously important) and less leach, however with a good claw my leech feels perfectly fine.

I did lose some INT respecting which unfortunately forced me to switch up some gear, or invest in some INT on a jewel to make up for it.

My 2 cents, on how to make this build work a bit better for HC are -

1. Take the full scion health wheel
2. Don't run Herald of Thunder (unless you have enlighten 3/4 and can manage the mana)
3. Run a level 20 Stone Golem instead, this way you'll be able to manage Blood Rage.
4. I personally run Increased Duration on my CWDT/IC setup, but this is personal preference.

My gear isn't amazing, I have a 5 link belly and a lyc shield, and 307edps claw. I'm sitting at 6.2k life, and 20k dps unbuffed in hideout, and 50k single target. This is FAR less than most people in here, however I have been farming T10 maps without flinching, and the clear speed is amazing.

Thanks again OP, really really enjoying this.
Last edited by Egorbopol on Dec 30, 2017, 9:50:31 PM
Spoiler

im doing the non-vaal pact tree

im lvl 86 and i get only 60k tooltip with ancestrap and potions runing. and i get about 75k with all charges flasks and bonuses runing. i have 370% crit multi and 30% crit chance. what should i be looking for to upgrade and what the upgrade should be.

i tried abyssus (500% crit multi) but that didnt rly scale well as it only gave me 3k ish more dps without flasks etc and i got 1shoted very often. i also switched out herald of ice for arctic armor.

i tried to run uber lab few times but i die insanely fast on traps. is that normal or is that because of me doing something wrong?

i did atziri deathless tho. pretty much 1 shot her so that was satisfying.

pls help!
Last edited by GetDestroyedM8 on Dec 30, 2017, 10:04:50 PM
Is there a reason why 2nd Wildfire jewel is corrupted?
Maybe a silly question, but what makes wasp nest good? I'm using a fairly mediocre claw, 1.98 aps 7.44 crit chance, 165 edps and PoB is showing a wasp nest with perfect attack speed and crit to be significantly worse, is there something that PoB is not taking into account, or is my build bad for it?

Also, would using a 3rd wildfire jewel work/be good? Or do you only want to use 2? Unless I'm mistaken there are more than 2 spots where we can put them, so we should be able to use 3?
Last edited by Huntss on Dec 31, 2017, 1:39:55 AM
"
MastaFuji wrote:
I am noticing that Onslaught was removed from the Herald of Ice link, any reason for this compared to the previous versions of the build?

Ditto.

The onslaught proc was a massive buff to clear speed.

Your guide is rather fragmented at the moment as it has parts of the old information mixed in with the updated stuff and it is not clear on how to link what gems as there is so much mixed and left over old information.
Got a 6l Belly today, I remembered before trying to roll 3b/3r on it people had been having issues. Well one "At least 2 blue sockets" in and I get this lol:

I did manage to get it 3b/3r two attempts later but lol, 4 off colors in one try.

Probably going to go to 2b/4r eventually, when I'm better at the AC mechanic.
"
Huaojozu wrote:
"
GornoDD wrote:

"
Huaojozu wrote:
Why Multistrike instead of Ele Focus (for single target)?

cause you spawn 3 times the projectiles wich is a 300% more modifier instead of the lowsy 49% :)

What? For all intents and purposes, Multistrike simply increases your attack speed (and forces you to attack three times in a sequence instead of just one, but that's irrelevant here).

Without Multistrike I have 0.24 attack time, with I have 0.12, so an increase from roughly 4 to roughly 8 APS, thus spawning twice as many balls per second.

Let's say as a 5-link each ball does 100, I have 10 and they all hit (unlikely, but irrelevant). So I'm doing 1000 per salvo or 4000 per second at 4APS.

Then I socket Multistrike. I'm now doing 30% less attack damage, so 70 per ball, 700 per salvo and 5600 per second at 8 APS. That's a multiplier of 40%.

No, multistrike does not only increase your attack speed. It does incease you your attack speed by 93% MORE AND(!!!) makes your attack repeat another two times to a total of three attacks (Multistrike is OP btw). Read the text of the gem again.

"
Maybe a silly question, but what makes wasp nest good? I'm using a fairly mediocre claw, 1.98 aps 7.44 crit chance, 165 edps and PoB is showing a wasp nest with perfect attack speed and crit to be significantly worse, is there something that PoB is not taking into account, or is my build bad for it?

Also, would using a 3rd wildfire jewel work/be good? Or do you only want to use 2? Unless I'm mistaken there are more than 2 spots where we can put them, so we should be able to use 3?

Wasp nest is just meant to be a very early starter weapon, you can quickly grab for 1Alch. Ofc even middle class Ele Claws outperform it pretty much.

Also wildfire jewels are limited to two instances.
Whats the best option to get decent claw for this build? Craft with chaos spam? Essences? Skip crafting and just save up currency to buy something?

While farming currency for this build on my RF char I identified thousands of claws and every one was just trash :(

"
GornoDD wrote:

No, multistrike does not only increase your attack speed. It does incease you your attack speed by 93% MORE AND(!!!) makes your attack repeat another two times to a total of three attacks (Multistrike is OP btw). Read the text of the gem again.

Yes, it repeats two more times. But that's a DOWNSIDE. If you have an attack speed of 0.12s with Multistrike, that means you will attack ONCE every 0.12s. Multistrike makes it repeat two more times, so you will do three attacks every 0.36s.

Without Multistrike your attack speed is 0.24s so you attack once every 0.24s. This is why people feel Multistrike is clunky - it stops you in place for 0.36s compared to 0.24s without it.

In the end, since Multistrike has 100% more attack speed, you attack twice as fast. Each attack does 30% less, so 0.7*2 = 1.4 ~ 40% multiplier.
I am having a rather uncomfortable problem now.

With Herald of Ice and Herald of Thunder and Enfeeble as an aura, I have no enough mana to make Ice golems anymore (I have 32 mana left after those three, and the golem requires 35).

How do you manage to have enough mana? My equipment at the moment is like this:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info