[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
fireincairo wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
fireincairo wrote:
What are you life / mana numbers? You've skipped a bunch of life and mana nodes on your tree, so I'm guessing you may be low enough that you can't tank a big hit.

Flame golem isn't useful. It boosts *your* damage. Not your minion's damage. Mind you, stone golem at level 20 only gives you 105 life / second regen, which really isn't that much either.

4,746 life, 933 ES, 1200 mana (1,994 without arctic armour and clarity)

I'm not tied to using the flame golems...it just looked interesting when I started playing this build. I could swap to zombie or skeletons and peel back some of the jewel nodes on my tree to get more HP nodes. I could also start using animate guardian again. With the +level shield and empower, AG is lvl 27.

changed things up a bit and now i'm at 5186/878/1700 after getting rid of flame golems. block is 53/75 and 70/75 with bone offering or 75/75 with rumis.

it doesn't seem like a huge increase and i lost the three golems
Wait a minute, the flame golem damage buff doesn't apply to minions? O_O So I've leveled a gem, 20/20 this whole time only to just be taking up a gem slot? Wow, time to switch to something else. Maybe I can try AG again. My last one died taking all it's gear with it. =/ I haven't bothered to reinvest in AG since that happened. Abom Piety in Malformation? was what wrecked it.

Also I've been using projectile weakness with 3 SGs and one TV. Would flammability be a better option? My map clearing is great, but boss killing at T14+ has been a little sketchy.
Achievement hunter!
"
healzr wrote:
"
Betwiixt wrote:
So I 0 experience playing summoner. I'm new to poe this league so forgive this ridiculously noob question...

I leveled an elementalist to 70 and decided I'd reroll to this build. So I've changed the passives but here's my noob question:

I know I'm supposed to go kill some sokars in act 8 but I do like 100dps with ball lightning so even killing these mobs is a challenge. When I do raise dead my minions get 2 shot. What have I missed?

what level is your desecrate as your raise spectre will be of the level of the bodys you make on the floor or the max level of that zone

what you want to do is have a level 20 desecrate.
Then go to the zone you want the mobs from so solars temple in act 8. ( you should not need to kill anything )
Then spam desecrate until you can raise the right mob you only need one of them.
Now you need to go to the highest zone you can and spam desecrate again until now you have all 4 of them

It's only lvl 11 atm - think that was the problem. Just started being able to clear blood aquaduct (as lvlling my gems from 1...). My single target damage is poor though, any tips?
"
Betwiixt wrote:
"
healzr wrote:
"
Betwiixt wrote:
So I 0 experience playing summoner. I'm new to poe this league so forgive this ridiculously noob question...

I leveled an elementalist to 70 and decided I'd reroll to this build. So I've changed the passives but here's my noob question:

I know I'm supposed to go kill some sokars in act 8 but I do like 100dps with ball lightning so even killing these mobs is a challenge. When I do raise dead my minions get 2 shot. What have I missed?

what level is your desecrate as your raise spectre will be of the level of the bodys you make on the floor or the max level of that zone

what you want to do is have a level 20 desecrate.
Then go to the zone you want the mobs from so solars temple in act 8. ( you should not need to kill anything )
Then spam desecrate until you can raise the right mob you only need one of them.
Now you need to go to the highest zone you can and spam desecrate again until now you have all 4 of them

It's only lvl 11 atm - think that was the problem. Just started being able to clear blood aquaduct (as lvlling my gems from 1...). My single target damage is poor though, any tips?

if you have a spear 4 link while leveling make another set up for tukohama vanguard spectres run 2 of them with 2 solar gaurds or 1 with 2 depending how many right now you can run
"
healzr wrote:
Now you need to go to the highest zone you can and spam desecrate again until now you have all 4 of them.

if you have a spear 4 link while leveling make another set up for tukohama vanguard spectres run 2 of them with 2 solar gaurds or 1 with 2 depending how many right now you can run

Right so say I went to Belfry after solaris temple, mt spectres would be higher level? Right now I can only have 3 plus 8 zombies, 1 animated guardian. Many thanks for the help.
"
healzr wrote:
has anyone tried the frost senti's for map clearing over sg
Yes, I've tried frost / flame sentinels, TVs, SGs, Fire Eaters, Wickermen... all the top possibilities.

Frost Sentinels require a slightly different gem setup to support cold damage. Clear speed is about the same as SGs. They have problems surviving at higher levels due to less life than SGs. Still a perfectly reasonable choice as long as you're not eager to take them into top end game content.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
fireincairo wrote:

changed things up a bit and now i'm at 5186/878/1700 after getting rid of flame golems. block is 53/75 and 70/75 with bone offering or 75/75 with rumis.

it doesn't seem like a huge increase and i lost the three golems
That's not enough Mana. Mind over matter needs 2223 mana to support 5186 life, and you actually want a bit more, because ending up in a place where you have some life left over but no mana really sucks. You get to watch your toon get killed, but there's nothing you can do about it.

"
Verrilo wrote:
Wait a minute, the flame golem damage buff doesn't apply to minions? O_O So I've leveled a gem, 20/20 this whole time only to just be taking up a gem slot? Wow, time to switch to something else. Maybe I can try AG again. My last one died taking all it's gear with it. =/ I haven't bothered to reinvest in AG since that happened. Abom Piety in Malformation? was what wrecked it.

Also I've been using projectile weakness with 3 SGs and one TV. Would flammability be a better option? My map clearing is great, but boss killing at T14+ has been a little sketchy.
There's a reason why the OP lists Stone Golem. :) It's not a huge buff to your surviveability, but every little bit helps.

The only way I've found to keep my AG alive is in a 4 link with +2 minion gems, linked to minion life, fortify, and Empower 3 or higher. Since Elder helms become a thing, I've started running Spectres in my helm and junked the AG setup, at least for high end maps.

Projectile Weakness is a great curse for SGs. The damage buff isn't quite as good as flammability, and the projectile tag doesn't apply to the bif laser blasts, however, the pushback is awfully nice. Improves your life expectancy, while flammability just buffs your raw damage. I've used either with great success. For high end bosses that get to mostly ignore the pushback, I'd use flammability instead, or Elemental Weakness if I'm in an party.
"
Betwiixt wrote:
"
healzr wrote:
Now you need to go to the highest zone you can and spam desecrate again until now you have all 4 of them.

Right so say I went to Belfry after solaris temple, mt spectres would be higher level? Right now I can only have 3 plus 8 zombies, 1 animated guardian. Many thanks for the help.
Close, but you have to re-summon your spectres to take advantage of the higher level. It's worthwhile to pick up a corrupted level 20 desecrate and a level 19+ raise spectre, then hang around global 820 or 6666 until someone offers spare Shaper portals for summoners. That will get you max level spectres, which basically are immortal.
am i mistaken or does oba's still work for getting t17 spectres in the last room with the 4 chests mine just died in a t10 mab with beyond xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info