[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
ImAncient wrote:
"
Med1umentor wrote:
Ok, i already told you on previous post, but looks like you still have some misunderstanding on mechanics of the game.

Anything that was equiped on AG - affect only AG.

Wrong for Leer Cast (helm)
Wrong for Drying Breath (weapon)
Wrong for Zahndethus' Cassock (body, the item did it... it heals party)
Wrong for Victario's Flight (boots, GREAT for this build)
Wrong for gloves that cast a curse on hit (gloves)

If I could come up with a belt, you could be wrong for ever slot!!

I do agree that focusing on % life is better than flat life. For resists, having ice tomb provides a huge amount of cold resistance. Having a glove with high fire/resistances will round out elemental resists.

Or maybe... just maybe... you could actually read what i wrote and quit spiting bullshit.

All of those are auras which was even specifically mentioned by me (which actually not even needed mentioning, cause it's obvious).

I repeat, everything affecting only AG that was equipped with it. That's exactly why leer cast even usable (or else it would only lower damage for everything).

Don't just pop in into conversation that you don't have any idea what about. and don't bring words out of context.

Lets read what you wrote again...

"
Med1umentor wrote:
Ok, i already told you on previous post, but looks like you still have some misunderstanding on mechanics of the game.

Anything that was equiped on AG - affect only AG.

Of course the chest wasn't an aura, that was a ground effect. But the one who talks about game mechanics would have known that... as well as the fact that a curse casting glove would not count as an aura either... and the statement that "Anything that was equiped on AG - affect only AG.", doesn't know how to spell equipped, or the difference between affect and effect.

Then you post "Don't just pop in into conversation that you don't have any idea what about" when I have posted several times in this thread.

And then you close with "and don't bring words out of context." when I quoted your entire post.

In short, you were wrong. Still wrong, and if you wish to be right then you should work on the wording in your post.

Good day!

Am I missing something? OP doesn't have a Abyss character.

Thanks
Kind of a silly argument that you two are having because it all depends on the wording of the item/effect, and it's not like GGG is flawlessly accurate when it comes down to that.

I hate to say this but, after huge unwanted wickerman nerf and introduction of poets' pen, this build is totally dead for me. I was wondering why I didnt pick the poets'pen build early thus wasted couple weeks tremendous fun game time, instead, those couple weeks I had terrible time of keep cursing GGG for fked up wickerman at the same time trying out dozen diff set-ups painstakingly to off set the damage. Now I looked back I wish I was wiser and abandoned this build at first sign of nerfing. man, all I am trying to say is I was so stuck on this build for couple leagues and didnt know there are builds 100X if not 1,000 time better than this.
"
Imurgod wrote:
I hate to say this but, after huge unwanted wickerman nerf and introduction of poets' pen, this build is totally dead for me. I was wondering why I didnt pick the poets'pen build early thus wasted couple weeks tremendous fun game time, instead, those couple weeks I had terrible time of keep cursing GGG for fked up wickerman at the same time trying out dozen diff set-ups painstakingly to off set the damage. Now I looked back I wish I was wiser and abandoned this build at first sign of nerfing. man, all I am trying to say is I was so stuck on this build for couple leagues and didnt know there are builds 100X if not 1,000 time better than this.

Wickermen are not even a staple of this build.
"
Imurgod wrote:

So while almost everyone else is clearing 100% of the content in the game and are doing it without much of an issue at all with this build, you are saying that there are other ones that are 1000x better than this. Doesn't add up.

Consider the fact that you are too stubborn to move away from a clearly nerfed aspect of the build that has, instead, been completely replaced by another aspect that makes this build beyond viable for everything as proven by me and plenty others.
"
Wukufyze wrote:
"
Imurgod wrote:

So while almost everyone else is clearing 100% of the content in the game and are doing it without much of an issue at all with this build, you are saying that there are other ones that are 1000x better than this. Doesn't add up.

Consider the fact that you are too stubborn to move away from a clearly nerfed aspect of the build that has, instead, been completely replaced by another aspect that makes this build beyond viable for everything as proven by me and plenty others.

I've also watched Poet Pen builds clears, they don't even touch how fast I can clear a T15 map with solar guards while theyre struggling with shaped arid lake.
"
chaelp wrote:

I've also watched Poet Pen builds clears, they don't even touch how fast I can clear a T15 map with solar guards while theyre struggling with shaped arid lake.

Yep. I did double PP before switching over. The fact that you have to stop to attack already puts that build way behind.

Why stop and attack when I WB across an entire map with SG's ripping everything in sight. The only thing I stop for is picking up loot or the occasional bone offering.

"
Wukufyze wrote:
Kind of a silly argument that you two are having because it all depends on the wording of the item/effect, and it's not like GGG is flawlessly accurate when it comes down to that.

I agree 100% that the argument is deep in the silly zone. What is not silly is to understand which items work on an AG and which don't. Unfortunately, that is difficult way too often. A small group of items do... but more than none!
"
ImAncient wrote:
"
Wukufyze wrote:

I agree 100% that the argument is deep in the silly zone. What is not silly is to understand which items work on an AG and which don't. Unfortunately, that is difficult way too often. A small group of items do... but more than none!

And i repeat that you just popped up into the conversation when you don't have any idea what about.

Look closely into the message to whom i responded. Dude tried to apply doryani fist unto AG, believing that it will affect all summons. He asked about most standard modificators on increase damage on AG, and i told him that it only applied to AG itself.

You know why i worded it that way, and i don't know why you need to be so silly.

And yeah, every single modificator affect ONLY AG. Modificator on leer cast affect only AG, but that modificator grants aura that affect anyone else. My wording wasn't wrong in the first place.
i guess i could use "applied" instead of affect, but that's a minor thing. Also, you just ignored what i write in the end, and not only once, but twice you quote me without that part.

You just don't need to be smartass, chill out.
Last edited by Med1umentor on Jan 4, 2018, 4:33:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info