[3.7] Oro's Flicker Berserker | 3M DPS | Teleport Through Maps In Seconds

"
"
KHAAOS wrote:

Your gloves are not fitting at all, would be better to find some decent Spiked gloves to get that Increased melee damage.

On your passive tree, you also went off from the build and picked up a bunch of nodes to increase physical damage; you should not as you're NOT really doing any physical damage so those are wasted points.

I m a bit confused after reading that. So does this build benefit from increased physical damage on items or not ? Or only increased fire/elemental damage+flat fire damage ?

please read the whole sentence....

Last edited by L00n on Oct 18, 2017, 4:42:00 PM
Hey, oroboro-- here is a deathless shaper vid if you'd like to include it in the video section! I took heavy inspiration form your guide for my toon, but I did try to alter it and make it my own.

Shaper: https://youtu.be/vq2hc5pbFGI

Current Gear
Spoiler

I did the resistance crafts the way I did to be triple capped for wise oak, 88% overcapped all res unflasked. Of course that gets thrown out the window when dying sun is active, but it is not needed except for bosses.
For t16/17, I sometimes swap out my life flask+silver flask for worm flask+staunching silver flask to keep the boot enchant active at the boss. The added fire damage enchant is ~2% less dps than the 10% pen, but is easier to keep active.

PoB pastebin:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/3GdcScie

Note: I altered this build to do a LOT more damage with Molten strike, the trade off is the flicker strike only does 480k dps vs trash mobs. When doing what I reshaped this build to do, against Shaper, the realistic dps is around ~3m. Although, If they introduced an endgame boss that was in a wall, such as Kitava, you could realistically hit with every ball, leading to ~4.4m dps.

Boring math since PoB only shows the damage per ball.
Spoiler
(damage per ball * ball count) * percentage of balls connecting) + Molten strike melee hit + Ancestral protector slaps = total dps.
((338,995*12)*.65) + 216,291 + 120,319 = 2,980,771

Bonus t16's:

Edit: Sorry in advance for grammatical/spelling errors. I tried to do a quick type up, but really dragged on.
Last edited by djfang on Oct 19, 2017, 5:54:27 PM
hey djfang, im interessted in trying your Oro's build.
But i don't understand why you took Aspect of the Lynx and Weapon Artistry on the right side of the tree.
Those nodes just seem really bad. Wouldn't it be better to grab the frenzy charge right beside it instead?
And while i understand you focused on Magmaorbs Ball damage you took some nodes for just Projectile damage.
Wouldn't these points be better spend somewhere where they just give %ele or %fire dmg?
Because these would scale everything including Flicker and the normal Moltenstrike hit.
Or just travling to Resolute Technique instead.

Hope that you can enlighten me. Greetings

Edit. https://pastebin.com/Km00BBdj
I had something like this in mind. Even thought i don't know if RT is actually worth it for 5 points. But it puts us very close to more life or Arsonist for %fire dmg.
And yes i'm aware that this tree is missing 30 int for gem requirements but that could be fixed with a single int roll on jewellery.
Last edited by Dextos on Oct 23, 2017, 1:52:41 PM
I actually downed shaper multiple times deathless with this build as-is mostly, without the changes made by djfang. I did make a few minor changes to the build for improved quality of life and survivability, and I do have most of his luxury uniques (except the red nightmare jewel, which I actually found was a net downgrade compared to a typical 1ex life/dual damage jewel). Look at my character "XyrmWyrm". Over the next 5 levels (should be quick thanks to beachhead) I plan to get 2 more jewel sockets (I can drop the 30 int node near vaal pact with 2x 10 int nodes and some int on one of the two jewels).

A few notes that I think are important that may not have been emphasized enough by the build author (or, I was just oblivious as missed these points):

* The 3 additional molten strike projectile helm enchant is non-negotiable. The damage gain from this is absurd. I tried using a 40% more molten strike damage, and it was night and day worse compared to 3 projectile.
* 7k hp isn't really enough for this build. I'm at 7.4k with xoph's blood (I lose 3-400 hp using bisco's, but it's fine for non-bosses), and I still want more. Why? Because you're a berserker with 10% more damage taken from Aspect of Carnage, and ANOTHER increased multiplier from Oro's making you take 10% more phys and fire damage. This means that 7k hp for you is really like 5800 hp for say, a ranger or shadow... but you're missing the other layered defenses they have (evasion for example, if you use kaom's boots, plus other benefits that raiders have with frenzy charges). I still die randomly with no explanation sometimes, so I'm shooting for more like 8k, and considering dropping Devoto's for something else, maybe a Starkonja's.
* The cast when damage taken + immortal call combo is overdone this league, IMO. It really won't save you from very much. Since I'm running kaom's chest + boots, I dropped that 4-L he had. I have an unset ring to use Vaal Lightning Trap (which I find superior to vaal haste for multiple reasons, mostly personal preference), but that's definitely not required, nor does it really "make" the build function.
* Dying Sun is expensive, but really makes your boss burst shine. Dying Sun + Wise Oak will melt any map boss, and do serious damage to shaper/guardians. Another highly recommended item that is now much cheaper than it used to be.
* I found that investing in some extra life and mana leech was a huge boon to survival. If you run out of mana, you can't flicker (flicker is surprisingly expensive for a melee ability), you can't leech, and you die. I am considering trying out a Slayer instead of Berserker for this build. You lose a little damage but the constant leech would probably increase survival and make lab running much less annoying.
* Hrimnor's Resolve is a pretty terrible helmet. The added fire damage is an "increase" not a "more" multiplier, so it's actually fairly weak, and flicker strike doesn't count as a fire skill (even though it does pure fire damage with this setup, the gem has to say "fire" on it), so you don't get the freeze protection from it. Starkonja's and Devoto's are better options, IMO.
* Make sure to leap slam fairly often to keep fortify up. You really need it.
* I am a firm believer that dropping RT (at least as a maurader or templar, maybe duelist) is rarely worth it. Having to go for accuracy and crit on your gear, especially for a build like this that benefits greatly from some uniques, just seems like not worth it.
* Getting enough Int for this build is HARD. I have a +50 int ring, a 20 int passive near duelist (which has a fringe benefit of extra mana and mana regen when you derp out). That said, I firmly believe fertile mind is NOT worth it. Try to get the int you need on jewelery and gloves, even as a stat on rare jewels (just don't replace % max life).

I'm going to try Uber Atziri to see if this build is viable for it (I assume so, because plenty of specialized magma orb builds do it no prob). I might upload some vids as well of each Guardian and Shaper deathless.
Last edited by Xyrm on Oct 23, 2017, 2:21:25 PM
hey Xyrm thanks for the long writeup.
I 100% agree on the Fertile Mind and Hrimnors argument and probably would just run a Rare helm to squeeze out more life.
I see you took Spirit Void. Do you think its really necessary? On most builds i've played only 1 point somewhere for the 0,4% manaleech was enough.
And you took Vitality Void aswell. Isn't the Berserker leech enough?
And is The Taming even the best option? From just trying around a bit in PoB Opal Rings seem superior.
But i don't know if PoB factors in the Taming bonus correctly.
Last edited by Dextos on Oct 23, 2017, 3:03:49 PM
"
Dextos wrote:
hey Xyrm thanks for the long writeup.
I 100% agree on the Fertile Mind and Hrimnors argument and probably would just run a Rare helm to squeeze out more life.
I see you took Spirit Void. Do you think its really necessary? On most builds i've played only 1 point somewhere for the 0,4% manaleech was enough.
And you took Vitality Void aswell. Isn't the Berserker leech enough?
And is The Taming even the best option? From just trying around a bit in PoB Opal Rings seem superior.
But i don't know if PoB factors in the Taming bonus correctly.

The base mana leech really is not enough (we actually get 1-2% from a berserker passive). Not because you wouldn't eventually leech it back, but my flicker strike costs 58 mana, and i only have 209 mana unreserved. With how fast you attack, you need that leech FAST, and spirit void is mostly for the increased SPEED of leech, not so much the amount. If you ever run oom as flicker, you die. That simple.

Is vitality void necessary? Probably not, but my completely unscientific feely-craft has made me feel more survivable with it than without, and I have more than enough damage.

Which brings me to the ring. I've never been able to run POB on my machine, it always loads into a black screen and nothing comes up. So I can't speak for the damage gain... but there are other benefits. 40% resist all is HUGE, something you'd give up a lot for on an opal ring. Additionally, the additional ignite chance makes flicker much more consistent when mobs are sparse. And with all the additional damage modifiers, I have a very hard time believing POB is modelling The Taming correctly... it's not the first time it's incorrectly evaluated an item, but until GGG provides us with something akin to combat logs, we're going to have a hard time knowing for sure.

What I can say is my setup doesn't lack for damage at all, and really at this point my main concern is survivability.
Last edited by Xyrm on Oct 23, 2017, 5:11:52 PM
"
Xyrm wrote:

Is vitality void necessary? Probably not, but my completely unscientific feely-craft has made me feel more survivable with it than without, and I have more than enough damage.

Love that sentence :P
I think i will give your setup it a try in the events that are comming if those are like 1 or 2 weeks. Otherwise maybe as a leaguestarter for Dezemeber.

Also i just booted up PoB again and found a option for number of ignites so i think The Taming works properly.
But with that turned on and your imported character an opal ring with T1 WED and T1 added fire is only 5k dps more.
An Essence of Anger crafted opal ring with T1 WED, T1 added fire and the 34% firedmg Essence roll comes out with 20k dps+ on Flicker.

So it seems The Taming is a pretty good option.
And getting a ring like that, if its even necessary, would be really expensive.
"
Dextos wrote:

But with that turned on and your imported character an opal ring with T1 WED and T1 added fire is only 5k dps more.
An Essence of Anger crafted opal ring with T1 WED, T1 added fire and the 34% firedmg Essence roll comes out with 20k dps+ on Flicker.

Just keep in mind that Flicker DPS is never a bad thing, but what you really want to focus on for bossing is molten strike. The "major" downside of this build for me is also one of my favorite aspects of it: it's not a one-trick pony, and uses two different tools for two different things (flicker for map clear, and molten strike for bossing). The major downside being unlike many other builds, you can't level gems in your "offset", which robs you of some currency generation (luckily, squeezing in a biscos has been easy for me). Boosting your molten strike damage is where it's really at; being able to evaporate bosses means you have to deal with fewer mechanics and die less often. With my current gear I can facetank shaper beam and wolf barrage from T15 Dark Forest boss without any flasks active, it's pretty nice. Molten strike means I can kill pretty much any non-guardian map boss in ~5-10s (outside of immunity frames).

You WILL die with this build... often at first. Less with practice and gear, but still sometimes. Flicker has a mind of it's own! I've been thinking about possibly replacing flicker with charged dash for next league, since you have more control with that.

EDIT: Just wanted to take a second to thank the OP of this thread. I just realized that he was the supporter who created the sword that allowed this build to be possible. THANK YOU!
Last edited by Xyrm on Oct 24, 2017, 12:02:04 PM
This build is great, thank you for it so much. I'm at the point in the league I usually get bored and quit but decided to try a few builds with skills I've never used before. I had a lot of currency to blow so I took the leap.

First I bought 2 800edps+ oro's that were 5 linked. I had like 400 fusings from farming and enough jewelers to get around 3-400 more. I figured I could probably at least 6 link one of them so why not. I 6 linked the first in 121 fusings and said screw it, i'll try the other. 3 fusings later...yes 3, I had 2 6 link oro's ready for action. Before you get mad at my luck, I have a belly of the beast that's eaten close to 3k fusings so my luck finally turned.

I tweaked the build a little bit and went slayer. I hate vaal pact so much, I hate running lab with it and the other side effects of it. I mainly dropped the stun node due to having it via immunity while leeching and took more leech nodes on the tree. I'm having no problems so far and leveling is a breeze. Having another socket open instead of splash dmg is nice too.

I do feel my weapon swap molten strike needs help badly though. I need to update those gems as it was an afterthought when I tossed it together. As it stands right now my flicker drops bosses way faster. I still need to get the xoph necklace but i'm working on leveling and finishing the tree still. Using carnage heart with slayer seems tough to drop. Get all the stats, dmg while leeching increased leech %, lots of resists etc etc. Up in the air if i'll make the switch. I'm also using the retch belt (my last char was a phys cyclone that used it). For slayer, it's great so far. Less paper dps but my kill time went way up and the move speed + 60% longer flasks is so good.

Is Hrimnor's Resolve not working anymore?

I've been playing this build for the last month and not once have I been frozen yet, today, I've been frozen literally dozens of times and lost a lot of exp due do that.

You can look at my profile to see tree + build but I have Hrimnor's + Unwavering stance and capped resistance so I literally should never be frozen while attacking shouldn't I?

Edit:
Nope, I think I found the issue. I've been running a lot of "Beyond" Zana modded maps and ran into https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Haast,_Unrelenting_Frost .

He's sporting a Vaal Cold Snap which states "Always freezes enemies".

Although I'm not sure if this is a bug or not since we do also have "Cannot be frozen".
Last edited by djodars on Oct 25, 2017, 9:07:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info