[3.6] Vieira's Magma Orb Miner (Guardians,Shaper,Uber and uber elder viable)

This build looks really great and i want to make this my starter build next week (if the 3.1 changes wont affect it too much). Can you give some more info on the the leveling process? What are the most important steps in the skilltree and how do you set up the GC/Fire nova mines (and maybe when to switch)? Starting in a new league surely need some greater changes until the gear is available.
This would be very helpful!

I hope its not too much to ask. If so, no hard feelings :)
Getting two of the threshold jewels will be one of the biggest DPS increases for this build. You can get one from an act 5 quest but getting a second might be a bit costly for the first few days since many of the jewels from that quest will be in demand at league start.
"
fusterlol wrote:
This build looks really great and i want to make this my starter build next week (if the 3.1 changes wont affect it too much). Can you give some more info on the the leveling process? What are the most important steps in the skilltree and how do you set up the GC/Fire nova mines (and maybe when to switch)? Starting in a new league surely need some greater changes until the gear is available.
This would be very helpful!

I hope its not too much to ask. If so, no hard feelings :)

For leveling you should go to the right side first and get the nodes in the mine wheel. After that I usually get volatile mines (near CI). The order you get the rest honestly doesn't matter.

For leveling with GC or fire nova mines I use minefield and ele focus. The 4th for GC is remote mines and for FNM controlled destruction or trap and mine damage.

I think for 3.1 the only change was MoM for this build. I would still use it anyway.

I'll try to get a better look and update later today for 3.1.
IGN: vieira
thank you for your answer! after some research, i will definitely play this build tomorrow :)

futhermore, i think that KikosLive's Fire Nova miner has a very detailed guide for levelling and its worth checking out. he also picks up Clever Construction first and then goes to Saboteur and Volatile Mines. looks like the must have for this :)

any information on the 3.1 changes will be helpful, thanks again
I updated with 3.1 information (not much was needed).

I also added a PoB link with how my char ended being on harbinger.
IGN: vieira
How required is Lavianga's Spirit? Im at yellow maps now have about 2ex saved up in ASC but the price on that flask is all over the place :/

Great build btw most fun ive had with path in ages :))

Edit: Nvm hah saved up 138c and grabbed Lavianga's Spirit and mana sustain feels immediately better 100% recommend!
Last edited by UnnamedHero on Dec 13, 2017, 5:57:02 PM
i had the same question with the flask but never made the switch from vaal clarity. the effect is basically the same, for longer boss fights the flask will be superior ofc.

also: how can you run this build without immortal call or anything defensive? iam at 5,8k hp with 2,2k mana and it still feels kinda squishy without dodge/block/armor. any tips on some improvements? i do run an IC setup though (CwDt, IC, inc duration, vaal clarity)
i also switched out hrimnors resolve, because with kaoms and ngamahu tiki (ez 100% fire increase), this helmet gives you nothing dps wise. starkonjas is also easier to get with the lab enchant

Test this new suport gem with magma orb?
Little advice if you guys wana make this build in like lvl 60+ with all the most important items such as staff gloves helm all links and gems it will suck so much ...damage is too low idk what makes this build hamechanging in terms of the damage but i have almost most of the mine / damaage boost nodes still early game playstyle too slow and damage too low cant do act9 with it rip...totem die fast and mines placing is long ( yes i know endgame placement is op ) but as i said early game it sucks
i beg to differ, levelling this was a blast (as fire nova miner)
last friday we were a group of five, another miner and three ppl being dead weight :) carried their sorry butts through a10 no problem

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info