I still feel like HP builds are weak...

The "meta" is illusion exile, created to hide the available options from you.

To reply to thread: No, life builds are as good as they ever were, even better now, as you can get slightly higher pool with new rares.
"
zzang wrote:
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
You can get 7k life with a 206% tree but the issue with the one Snorkles presented there is its heavily gear reliant, dps investment is like 20 points short of what a softcore and/or normal build would take in order to compensate for that you'll need strongly rolled weapons and accessories.

Which is my initial point inb4 mirror dagger link. And 7k sounds unrealistic with that tree without belly or kaoms and strength rolled coral rings. I could be wrong on this though.

I imported the tree into pathofbuilding, then tried to figure out what it is for.

Not enough crit, not enough accuracy, so I tried a bino with lycosidea, steel rings with life and phys and an amu with life and phys, adding belly, and a bladeflurry setup for just the raw tooltip (picking hatred and hoa, and then the support gems that give the most tooltip), anyway, this is what I ended up with, but then I have no idea why there is no VP in the setup.

https://pastebin.com/PDM2JiCs

It could clear some sort of content, but the dmg is lacking without an abyssus which would make you feel like you are made of wet paper sheets.

In comparison this is a crit dagger juggernaut I played, I swapped out my legacy abyssus on it for a shite one(and upgraded gems to be pure phys, swapped out deaths hand as it gives false tooltip in the tool), it has 82k armor with granite flask + 4 end charges, sub 6k life, so not much different from the one above, still dies like it was nothing, if I take any kind of phys dmg, and the missing flask was most probably a taste of hate, I like to move those around on std.

So yeah that's why armor is garbage, even with all sorts of defensive flasks it is just simply shit, an abyssus can not be balanced out of it, without it yo have no dmg, so yeah.

My fondest memory with it is, taking a spin from the phoenix and getting 1 shotted, but let's do the math behind this thing with a not modded minotaur.

Base hit dmg 7k, armor 82k, 4 charge, 40% inc phys dmg taken all in account.
damagereduction=(82000/(82000+10*1.4*7000))*(1-4*(0.04)) = 38.26%
dmg taken=7000*1.4(1-0.3826)=6050

Yeah, can't take a single basic attack from him, could be argued, that abyssus is not worth it, but then I have no dmg on it, could be argued the build itself is bad, but this was my last attempt of making any sort of armor build work, and it was an essential part of it, now imagine the flask charges run out after like 10 sec, it is even worse.

https://pastebin.com/hw9DFvd8
Last edited by krenderke on Aug 25, 2017, 7:07:01 AM
"
zzang wrote:

7k Life with that tree? Now i feel like you are not just a humblebrag clown but and a liar.

"
Draegnarrr wrote:
You can get 7k life with a 206% tree but the issue with the one Snorkles presented there is its heavily gear reliant, dps investment is like 20 points short of what a softcore and/or normal build would take in order to compensate for that you'll need strongly rolled weapons and accessories.

Still its a nice clean defensively strong tree albeit for what level 97/98? don't remember what level 118 points is. Also there is no actual investment in defence here apart from acrobatics, the rest is pretty much the passive evade you get traveling around the dex area, this is an issue I see with more and more builds these days you just can't justify the investment to take pure armour or evade nodes, soul of steel is about it for armour.

They should probably increase their value but i'm still in favour of them just buffing the life nodes appropriately, the automatic assumption is if they buff life nodes people will just continue to stack them to ever increasing numbers but what you really want is a threshold where defence increases your survivability by more than the few extra life nodes.

Not sure we'll ever get there but its been a hope of mine for some time.

Build has 4 jewel slots, its not a 206% life tree its a 234% life tree, its a level 95 character. It uses a lightning coil and has 6,961 life now that the 40 from oak is gone. I dont have any passive evasion no, thats true, I feel like you need to bomb all your points into damage and life on this sort of build. It has 18k evasion though, while using a coil, without using grace. It has dragonscale boots that only have 152 evasion and shagreen gloves with no ev prefixes, 212 ev on those, so it could be over 20k with better rolled gear on better base items.

Thing with 20 points more spent on damage, thats 20 points taken out of life because all I have is life and damage. What I hear constantly is that you cant make evasion melee because they can only get 4.5k life, can only get 5k life, get 1 shot all the time on these sort of builds that have 5.5k or less life while wearing a dumpster queen of the forest and using a jade flask with an atziris promise, wise oak, sins rebirth combo... well if you are choosing to go glass cannon then thats what happens. I hear that dex melee is dead because strength melee can get 7k life but dex has to get 5k life, but then their build has 4x the dps of the str melee, and theyre not willing to drop that down to 2x the dps of the strength melee in order to get 7k life with strong defenses. So thats a choice, I choose to make a 7k life melee build that essentially never dies because i hate dying, I choose to never get 1 shot and the price of that is that Im not some ridiculous glass cannon build whos gonna cry if they cant melt a guardian in 30 seconds and is going to cry when they get 1 shot by magic mobs in a joke map so essentially cant play dex melee because either way its tears, but they play them anyway going fake dual wield and then post on the forums that life sucks, evasion sucks, defenses suck... Maybe you are not supposed to melt all content in a few seconds? Perhaps the downside of trying to is that you get 1 shot when it manages to hit back?

"
zzang wrote:

Which is my initial point inb4 mirror dagger link. And 7k sounds unrealistic with that tree without belly or kaoms and strength rolled coral rings. I could be wrong on this though.

I dont use belly, certainly not a kaoms on a dagger build. I dont have str on my coral rings but I do have coral rings. Im not going to apologize for having decent gear that comes with being a decent player. Have you seen the sort of gear blasting cap, flub, doeboy etc have? Im a million miles away from being that sort of player, Im a complete noob with scrubby gear and a pocket full of pennies compared to the real bigboy players in this game, the actual great players, Im like an ant. I have good gear, yes, because I play the game a lot and understand the game quite well. I use a 500pdps dagger and it hammers through packs, its a frostblades character, I dont even use the pen thresh jewel with the tree conversion because I would kill myself on reflect. Thats all why you want to keep your accuracy down a bit so you can evade your reflect, Ive never died to reflect. You can get a 420 pdps dagger in harbinger right now for 22ex, I have about 100ex in my stash in mirror shards and chaos, I could buy that dagger right now, I could buy this entire build twice over and where are we? 3 weeks in? Theres people in this league who probably have 5x as much money as me already, Im so far from rich by this games standards.

I can still put on a 1 chaos binos and beat guardians with this build, Im not sry that my actual budget extends beyond spending 1 chaos on my weapon.
"

I can still put on a 1 chaos binos and beat guardians with this build, Im not sry that my actual budget extends beyond spending 1 chaos on my weapon.

Yeah and if they are still moaning beat them with the mace:

:-)
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info