I still feel like HP builds are weak...

Its far to hard to hit 10k hp. ES hybrid or bust I feel.

Tala Moana Warrior!
Last bumped on Aug 25, 2017, 9:21:37 AM
If you invest into mitigation you don't need a pool that high and as a nice side effect flat recovery options and flasks become better the smaller your pool is.
Perception is reality.
HP builds were barely even buffed. That's the illusion they created. We are playing the exact life builds that were shit last league, simply because ES is made even worse.
The only way you're even gonna hit 10k HP is stacking strength + belly, or Kaom's. Good thing neither are necessary and 10k hp is a arbitrary number right?

I'm going to hit 9k hp by 90 and with my build, that's fine.
What's NOT fine is not taking vaal pact and/ or being a Berserker with Cloaked in Savagery and I think that's deeply flawed. The game is in a deeply flawed state.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Aug 20, 2017, 11:27:06 PM
"
The only way you're even gonna hit 10k HP is stacking strength + belly, or Kaom's. Good thing neither are necessary and 10k hp is a arbitrary number right?

I'm going to hit 9k hp by 90 and with my build, that's fine.
What's NOT fine is not taking vaal pact and/ or being a Berserker with Cloaked in Savagery and I think that's deeply flawed. The game is in a deeply flawed state.

Oh, darling.... you think this is deeply flawed? Let me take you back to 1.0 if you want to see deeply flawed.
It is kind of sad that so few unique armors are viable for HC play. I feel pretty cornered into going belly. On the other hand, I am neither a berserker not a VP char...
Last edited by The_Gurk on Aug 21, 2017, 4:56:10 AM
What else do you expect? ES-nerf is not a Life-buff..
"
The_Gurk wrote:
It is kind of sad that so few unique armors are viable for HC play. I feel pretty cornered into going belly. On the other hand, I am neither a berserker not a VP char...

How many would you like to choose from? Here's a good list of armours proven in HC Harbinger.

Quite pleased to see Soul Mantle in #5 and currently being worn by a L97 HC character. Soul Mantle goes out of its way to cripple you defensively, yet it's still viable for HC play. :)

Perhaps you're definition of viable differs from mine? /shrug
"
Durentis wrote:
"
The_Gurk wrote:

How many would you like to choose from? Here's a good list of armours proven in HC Harbinger.

Quite pleased to see Soul Mantle in #5 and currently being worn by a L97 HC character. Soul Mantle goes out of its way to cripple you defensively, yet it's still viable for HC play. :)

Perhaps you're definition of viable differs from mine? /shrug

You have a weird interpretation of "cripple" when you can just flask off the curse extremely easily, on top of it being extremely powerful for totem builds which are already very safe to play.

Also do people even look at the data or something.

Kaom's heart and belly alone make 50% of the chests.

Shav wrappings is for summoner or any visages left of low-life/support builds that are already hardcore staples. Same thing with totem builds for Soul mantle. Take up another 15%.

Carcass jacket is basically generic aoe build here chest if you cannot afford a belly or cannot wear a kaom's heart. So 70% of chests are just generic +life chests with a small amount being specific chests for popular HC builds.

Rest of the 3% chests are visages of used to be popular HC chests like lightning coil or the MoM chests. Or variants of above chests (wow instead of shav wrap summoner you are a specter summoner and go Vis Mortis) If you happen to be an EV build you might wear queen of the forest to go fast instead of belly since belly is expensive.

http://pathofstats.com/items?liga=Harbinger&tid=BodyArmour&level=90+-+100

If you look at softcore it's nearly the same thing.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Aug 21, 2017, 5:51:55 AM
HP is more than fine, specially now. You build sucks then, or you've gotten used to stacking high ES and not dying to 1 hit mechs, instead of being a skilled player and evading them. A good life build will easily clear all the content in the game, please get real already.

If this is about HC, then who cares... it's your own choice to play in a gamemode where 1 death is the end and since there's so many things that can cause a death, you can't really whine about HP. You can have twice the hp you have now and a lagspike or desync or game crash can still kill you. HC is not the default game mode and shit doesn't need to be balanced around it.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Aug 21, 2017, 5:57:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info