I still feel like HP builds are weak...

lol at soul mantle crippling you defensively, its a totem build the entire point in going totems is to remotely use skills for the best defense of them all (never getting hit in the first place) and everyone runs around maps curse immune anyway its what flasks are for.

The numbers say it all, kaoms and belly are far too popular and whats missing from the data is how many of the people using the other chest pieces would swap if they had the currency available for one, kaoms are ~ 400c (20ex) and a 6l belly will set you back a very similar amount, conversely a vast majority of the chestpieces below the top 3 cost 1c or less.

and btw I don't say this hoping they nerf kaoms thats not it at all, what it represents is how difficult it is to get sufficient life to feel safe, especially on dex characters they suffer immensely compared to 6-700 strength zerkers. The new hybrid rolls help, but it amounts to ~100-200 total which still leaves you short as a dexer compared to str.
"
Xerise wrote:
"
The only way you're even gonna hit 10k HP is stacking strength + belly, or Kaom's. Good thing neither are necessary and 10k hp is a arbitrary number right?

I'm going to hit 9k hp by 90 and with my build, that's fine.
What's NOT fine is not taking vaal pact and/ or being a Berserker with Cloaked in Savagery and I think that's deeply flawed. The game is in a deeply flawed state.

Oh, darling.... you think this is deeply flawed? Let me take you back to 1.0 if you want to see deeply flawed.

Rip auras that can be supported by reduced mana and can be socketed out after casting^^
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
lol at soul mantle crippling you defensively, its a totem build the entire point in going totems is to remotely use skills for the best defense of them all (never getting hit in the first place) and everyone runs around maps curse immune anyway its what flasks are for.

The numbers say it all, kaoms and belly are far too popular and whats missing from the data is how many of the people using the other chest pieces would swap if they had the currency available for one, kaoms are ~ 400c (20ex) and a 6l belly will set you back a very similar amount, conversely a vast majority of the chestpieces below the top 3 cost 1c or less.

and btw I don't say this hoping they nerf kaoms thats not it at all, what it represents is how difficult it is to get sufficient life to feel safe, especially on dex characters they suffer immensely compared to 6-700 strength zerkers. The new hybrid rolls help, but it amounts to ~100-200 total which still leaves you short as a dexer compared to str.

They need to what 2.0 did with life, reduce the number on life nodes/move them around the tree for a better location. Then buff life per level so everyone has higher base life.

It's getting to the point where getting defensive stats on gear is adversely affecting skill/item choices extremely negatively. Most unique items are complete trash because only the ones that completely outweigh any defensive stats are used. (Like rat's nest).

In other ARPGS I can choose to go full tank, a mix of tanky/specialize gear for my build or all specialized gear for my build. As of current everyone has to go full tank with the rare build being able to actually have choice.

The difference between build A that can go full tank and do massive damage (dark pact), and another build that requires multi-layered investment + some tank gear is massive. (3-4k life difference and more less damage/more expensive).
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Aug 21, 2017, 6:08:48 AM
"
Durentis wrote:
"
The_Gurk wrote:
It is kind of sad that so few unique armors are viable for HC play. I feel pretty cornered into going belly. On the other hand, I am neither a berserker not a VP char...

How many would you like to choose from? Here's a good list of armours proven in HC Harbinger.

Quite pleased to see Soul Mantle in #5 and currently being worn by a L97 HC character. Soul Mantle goes out of its way to cripple you defensively, yet it's still viable for HC play. :)

Perhaps you're definition of viable differs from mine? /shrug

Soul mantle is so popular because totems are op, and even more so now. My harbringer toon easily does early maps with around 10% resists on a 4 link, with around 3.5k HP (but also MoM), on level 74; even does well in braches. I died twice during leveling going blind into boss fights, without playing beta or video spoilers; once I got lag instagibbed, nothing I could do, the other time I got into Kitava fire breath attack with 10% fire res because I wasn't paying attention. This is on a 4c budget.
Last edited by MECHanokl on Aug 21, 2017, 6:09:34 AM
It's not that life builds are weak, it's the stupid damage spikes this game is notorious for. I for once decided to abandon my glass cannon habits and play a tanky charater in this league. So right now I'm farming t12-t13 maps with my RF Juggernaut with almost 10k life, tons of armor, capped resists, decent life regen, permanent fortify and 8 endurance charges, and guess what - I'm regularly getting hit for more than 2/3 of my life pool, and have to play flask piano to survive. Now I'm starting to understand why so many people are going for insta-leech zerkers. It's not a broken OP mechanic, it's the most reasonablle way to survive and counteract the obscene amounts of incoming damage...
Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.
As I said, life is fine. What's not fine is being pigeon holed into Vaal Pact. Insta leech or die. Much diversity, many interesting. Not.
Yeah, life is shit. But you know what? ES is even shittier
IGN gubert
"
Gubert wrote:
Yeah, life is shit. But you know what? ES is even shittier

depends on whos life I reckon
I dont see any any key!
GGG simply does not want you to be able to reliably tank(or survive) end game content. In their vision players should need to manually evade, log out macro or have the foresight not to run hard maps.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
As I said, life is fine. What's not fine is being pigeon holed into Vaal Pact. Insta leech or die. Much diversity, many interesting. Not.

Not using VP and I can do Guardians. Not the best build for guardians either btw. Sorry to burst your bubble.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info