[3.8] Death’s Oath Occultist - Death Whisperer(CI) Updated regularly

Sorry to keep pestering you.

Resistances: Your "perfect" guide has -5% to all. Assuming this was more of a "mess around with this to get to minimum" type.
Was this on purpose or is the build designed to ingore resistance needs?

Am currently using your "previous league" setup except with Sin Trek boots. and with all the uniques, it's getting difficult to get resistance stats to 75%.
Last edited by TheAngryRogue on Mar 17, 2019, 10:24:32 PM
Having finally gotten all of death aura, blight, soulrend, decay, malevolence, despair, and enfeeble into my build, I realized I had some 10 nodes in the passive tree with generic damage over time boost.

So why not also use righteous fire? Vaal righteous fire actually works with CI, to my surprise. It's actually completely free, unlike when you use it with a life build. You can just fire it off whenever you've accumulated 40 souls. Does nothing to ES (but don't tell GGG).

You actually get quite a good percentage of the damage even with unleveled gems, so it looks pretty awesome right away.

To use it I got rid of a stone golem with life support and put in VRF with burning damage. Could also have used increased duration instead of burning. Unfortunately could not fit both.

Now whenever I would cast my soulrend totem, I also hit VRF. It has a nicely wide area of effect, so no problem hitting a boss even when kiting.

edit: I was wrong above about energy shield not being used by VRF. It does take the expected amount (30%). However, ES recharges so fast it was hard to see it happening. Finally noticed it a few times. VRF is still totally worth it.
Last edited by shrunn57 on Mar 18, 2019, 1:47:30 PM
"
"
duabijitelur wrote:
so the complete pob for 3.6 is lvl100 CI ?

That would be correct, I would imagine that would be almost everyone's end goal. Are you perhaps asking if I can make a level 90 tree? The build is catered towards CI, I think there are life variants that exist out there however this isn't one of them.

nah not going hp builds

just that i saw several DO builds, some took profane bloom, some took withering presence
Do you plan to update the guide more? :) checked the PoB link and a lot of stuff isn't the same as written in the guide
Can you make this work with 1 Green, 4 Blue and 1 Red Socket?
Or do you really need the 2 Green?
"
Brownienz wrote:

Part of the reason for the gems is that every one, when upgraded to 20% quality, provides an extra 10% damage. You can try to work more in, but pay attention to what you are putting in and look up to make sure it is compatible with DO.
"
Kamelkungen wrote:
Do you plan to update the guide more? :) checked the PoB link and a lot of stuff isn't the same as written in the guide

Most of the stuff should be updated within reason to fit the PoB, thought with new items showing up all the time it might take me a little while to get something fixed. If you could point me in the direction you're talking about I'll be more than happy to get that section updated to the best of my knowledge. =)

"
Brownienz wrote:

Both green gems add damage, if you're looking for extra area you can drop the red and go 4b2g but I wouldn't suggest 1g1r4b
"
Most of the stuff should be updated within reason to fit the PoB, thought with new items showing up all the time it might take me a little while to get something fixed. If you could point me in the direction you're talking about I'll be more than happy to get that section updated to the best of my knowledge. =)

Hmm maybe I'm not simply finding the right PoB link :), if so then I'm sorry! In your lvl 100 tree you got mostly ES gear and gems according to that, but in the guide you got for example you have gems for Allelopathy. Same for auras with Heretics veil(got 5 link in helm in PoB), 3 link for auras in guide but same gems in helmet in PoB, wand setup in PoB but shield charge setup in guide etc.

Not trying to sound rude though, I used your guide in the past to 92+! :). I just think it would be better if there was a clean lvl 95 profile (realistic goal (+ few extra lvls) for most active players). With the exact same setup and pieces as in the guide to avoid confusion.

For example I have a few friends of mine that looks at guides, import them to PoB and then says "Why does X use different gems here than in the guide, which one should I pick and where should I place them? Oh well, can you find me another guide?".
Last edited by Kamelkungen on Mar 22, 2019, 10:43:55 PM
"
Kamelkungen wrote:
"

Hmm maybe I'm not simply finding the right PoB link :), if so then I'm sorry! In your lvl 100 tree you got mostly ES gear and gems according to that, but in the guide you got for example you have gems for Allelopathy. Same for auras with Heretics veil(got 5 link in helm in PoB), 3 link for auras in guide but same gems in helmet in PoB, wand setup in PoB but shield charge setup in guide etc.

Not trying to sound rude though, I used your guide in the past to 92+! :). I just think it would be better if there was a clean lvl 95 profile (realistic goal (+ few extra lvls) for most active players). With the exact same setup and pieces as in the guide to avoid confusion.

For example I have a few friends of mine that looks at guides, import them to PoB and then says "Why does X use different gems here than in the guide, which one should I pick and where should I place them? Oh well, can you find me another guide?".

Oh that part makes sense, generally the guide is created in the beginning of the league, but as the league progresses I'll be trying out different things to see what I can do to squeeze out the most. Overall though it's mostly a suggestion, I really like seeing how people adjust the build to fit their own needs/playstyles
Why exactly do we take minion damage mods? I don't think a single golem will make that much of a difference or am I missing somethig important here?^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info