[3.8] Death’s Oath Occultist - Death Whisperer(CI) Updated regularly

"
PovilasMat wrote:

ED has Hit part as well, not only DoT, so it adds damage while spammed every 0.35s. ED Hit part of the damage adds up to your Regen as well. Other thing, you cannot really use ED without CWC because of high mana cost. In 4link it is 61 mana, which is pretty much my whole mana pool. In 6link it would be like 80.

Maybe in a 5 link it's something we can afford, with 2 lev 4 enlighten I should have 60/70 mana free in my build with 3 curse, 2 aura and aspect of the spider.
On Pob with my gear, 2 lev 4 enlighten and conqueror's efficiency I have 7% unreserved mana (64 mana) and a 5 linked ED on chest will cost 56 mana, not so bad.
Last edited by Ing_Lercio on Apr 4, 2018, 5:24:15 AM
"

A 6 link ED, would require you to likely take out the less duration, as well as link it so you would need 4b2g (completely doable with some effort) ((The linking though, I'd never be able to accomplish. The game hates me))

Lol flasher, I've just fully linked my chest with 10 fusing, while trying to obtain 5 link :)
Tbh, I had one idea that might work but I didnt want to invest so much currency: 6link bow + quiver. Not sure which Bow should be used but Soul Strike seems like very nice Quiver.

I don't really want to use it because I would lose out on my lovely Shield Charge but some of you guys dont even use it, so it might be an option :)
"
PovilasMat wrote:
Tbh, I had one idea that might work but I didnt want to invest so much currency: 6link bow + quiver. Not sure which Bow should be used but Soul Strike seems like very nice Quiver.

I don't really want to use it because I would lose out on my lovely Shield Charge but some of you guys dont even use it, so it might be an option :)

Soul strike wouldn't really be that bad of an idea, you would likely switch over to a mirror shot movement skill, And possibly some kind of caustic arrow build. The only issue with this is then people would be more tempted to shoot things instead of run past them while they die.

"
Ing_Lercio wrote:
"

A 6 link ED, would require you to likely take out the less duration, as well as link it so you would need 4b2g (completely doable with some effort) ((The linking though, I'd never be able to accomplish. The game hates me))

Lol flasher, I've just fully linked my chest with 10 fusing, while trying to obtain 5 link :)

It's people like you who give me hope and a reason to spend fuses on items, only to be dissapointed after I've passed 100 =D

Okay so I did some math for Blight full power vs Blight + cwc ed.

Blight full power does roughly 21.7k with 5 casts per second.

Blight with CWC ED does roughly 10.6k with 5 casts per second.
ED casts almost 3 times(so I mathed for 3 at 6.2k per hit((18.6k dps)
ED Degen does roughly 24k dps
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

With this current math

Full power blight at 5 stacks does roughly 108k dps

Blight with CWC ED does 94k dps

Note: This is 5 stacks (or roughly how many casts per second)
((If you multiply this by 4 you have full stacks of blight))

ED will also regen you .5% of damage -- ((This comes out to roughly 121 regen))

Control modifiers:
(15 stacks of wither)
(Shaper resist and curse effectiveness)

Gems used:
Blight - Void Manipulation, Swift Affliction, Controlled Destruction, Efficacy.
Blight CWC ED - Essence Drain, Cast while Channel, Swift Affliction, Efficacy.

Reason for using Swift affliction and Efficacy over controlled destruction and void manipulation.
Void Manipulation maxes out at 39% more damage, where Swift Affliction, Efficacy and Controlled Destruction max out at 44% more damage. (Could have swapped Controlled Destruction with Swift Affliction for same results.)

Edit: This is for average damage because it's easier. If you want you can math for min and max damage but I think Blight full power will always do a little bit more damage, where as CWC ED will always give you a little more regen.
Last edited by FlasherCatcher on Apr 4, 2018, 2:34:22 PM
"

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

With this current math

Control modifiers:
(15 stacks of wither)

Gems used:

Reason for using Swift affliction and Efficacy over controlled destruction and void manipulation.
Void Manipulation maxes out at 39% more damage, where Swift Affliction, Efficacy and Controlled Destruction max out at 44% more damage. (Could have swapped Controlled Destruction with Swift Affliction for same results.)

Edit: This is for average damage because it's easier. If you want you can math for min and max damage but I think Blight full power will always do a little bit more damage, where as CWC ED will always give you a little more regen.

Nice, I've tested the 5 link ED in chest and it seems to work pretty nicely. 3b2g socket linked: swift affliction, void manipulation into the greens and efficacy, arcane surge lev 9 and essence drain plus the concentrated effect unlinked for MORE aura damage. With this setup every time I cast Essence drain (56 mana) I gain the spell surge buff (51 mana for triggering) then starts the blight spam, 5/6 secs and repeat.
Last edited by Ing_Lercio on Apr 4, 2018, 4:56:46 PM
"

With this current math

Control modifiers:
(15 stacks of wither)

Gems used:

I am not sure why you are using Swift Affliction. Controlled Destruction is simply better because it affects both initial Hit and DoT while Swift Affliction only DoT. Efficacy vs Void Manipulation is kinda situational as well. I will recheck your calculations when I am back at home :)

EDIT:::
Ok, there are couple more mistakes that favour Blight:
1) Higher casts per second increases pure Blight damage much more significantly. While 5 is quite realistic value with some adjustments(I'm at 4.6), I bet most of people running this build, including yourself have like 3,5.
2) While you calculated ED damage correctly, Blight damage is much more complicated because DoT damage ticks much more often than every second (probably around every 0.05s-0.1s but I wasnt able to find official info). Which will result in significantly decreased Blight damage while accumulating stacks.
3) Blight stays for 2.5s after you stop attacking, ED stays for 4s. Which cannot really be accounted for but it has effect on hardest fights in the game.

I did rough calculations including these factors, if you can just face tank boss with nonstop Blight, then it will result in somewhat higher overall damage. However, if there are skills you have to dodge and especially inter phases like on Kitava or similar bosses, then Blight CWC ED will do more damage. Unless the build would actually have 5+ casts per second Blight

To sum up: I would recommend changing standard setup to CWC ED. But min maxed version will probably have only Blight. I consider myself very well geared and I don't think I can go for only Blight yet. :)
Last edited by PovilasMat on Apr 4, 2018, 7:16:54 PM
Ah you're right, for some reason I had onslaught activated (which I guess I could get from a flask if I really wanted it, but I don't actually have it)

Without onslaught I'm at 4.3 casts per second I didn't think about ed being both on hit and dot.

well somehow my math is completely different than earlier. But currently CWC Blight does a total of 106k and full strength blight does roughly 71k.
This is with one second of channeling, or 4 stacks. (I'm sure if I do the math again it will end up changing again on me)
"
Ah you're right, for some reason I had onslaught activated (which I guess I could get from a flask if I really wanted it, but I don't actually have it)

Without onslaught I'm at 4.3 casts per second I didn't think about ed being both on hit and dot.

well somehow my math is completely different than earlier. But currently CWC Blight does a total of 106k and full strength blight does roughly 71k.
This is with one second of channeling, or 4 stacks. (I'm sure if I do the math again it will end up changing again on me)

You are right, your math will change again because you will see that CWC+ED doesnt scale x4 over more time while Blight kinda does (but not really). Then you will understand that you have to sum up 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th second damages instead of multiplying and see that values are kinda close. If you then would account for damage in lesser intevals (lets say every 0.1s (I think that's how often DoT ticks)) your pure Blight damage would go down because CWC ED version tick damage scales less than Blight.

ED+Blight does more damage right away while only Blight will scale into more damage with full stacks.

I would need to do much more math (which I wont :D) but it is somewhere about 5 Casts/s where full power Blight damage is equal to CWC+ED (when less CWC+ED does more, when more Blight does more). That's if you only account for standing in place and doing damage. If you need to move and dodge CWC+ED does more because Blight won't get fully stacked and/or stacks are dropped all together.

I personally think in challenging fights you would need at least 6+ Casts per Second and to be pretty comfortable on your defenses for going only Blight. Otherwise CWC+ED is simply more reliable option.
Last edited by PovilasMat on Apr 5, 2018, 5:32:27 AM
I've tried some math too, but instead of blight vs blight+cwc ED I've calculated full blight + ED into the chest +death aura VS blight+cwc ED + 6 sockets death aura.

Control modifiers:
(flame totem, rallying cry)
(3 stack of web)
(15 stacks of wither)

Gems used:
DA - Arcane surge, swift affliction, void manipulation, efficacy, concentrated effect.
ED - lev9 arcane surge, swift affliction, void manipulation, efficacy.

with this setup we can get to use arcane surge so we get a little boost in cast time and spell damage:
Blight 20.5k dps *4.13 cast/s
DA 42k dps
ED 11k on hit + 73k dot dps
TOT= 210k dps for 1 sec of casting blight, 295k dps for casting it for 2 secs and 380k for 3 secs.

Blight CWC ED - Essence Drain, Cast while Channel, Void manipulation, Controlled destruction.
DA - arcane surge, swift affliction, void manipulation, efficacy, concentrated effect, less duration.
ED - Cast while Channel, Void manipulation, Controlled destruction.

with this setup we lose the buffs from arcane surge and gain the ED on hit damage 2.86 cast/s:

Blight 8.2k dps *3.67
DA 50k dps
ED 12.8k dps *2.86 cast/s + 46k dot dps
TOT= 162k dps for 1 sec of casting blight cwcED, 229k for 2 secs of casting and 296k for 3 secs.

all of this math done on pob with maxed gems and my current gear.

Last edited by Ing_Lercio on Apr 5, 2018, 5:47:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info