[3.8] Death’s Oath Occultist - Death Whisperer(CI) Updated regularly

Thanks look forward to checking them out!

Just finished uploading T15 Reef, Lava Lake and my first Hydra kill.

(Usually I'm a complete noob, or maybe lose interest and like starting new characters too much to really get to end game, but I wanted to see what it's like this time. I'm still pretty slow at getting here, but it's going.)
Could I do it on HC?
"
Thanks look forward to checking them out!

Just finished uploading T15 Reef, Lava Lake and my first Hydra kill.

(Usually I'm a complete noob, or maybe lose interest and like starting new characters too much to really get to end game, but I wanted to see what it's like this time. I'm still pretty slow at getting here, but it's going.)

Btw, ED provides increased passive ES regen as well which is quite effective.

"
bskaa wrote:
Could I do it on HC?

It really depends on what you are trying to achieve. If you want to map, then yeah. It can be very effective and unlikely to die if built correctly. But I wouldn't be killing any bosses T13+ without top end gear. Even top end gear would cap you out somewhere at t14-15s, uber labs and normal atziri, yellow elder/red elder guardians. Otherwise it would be too risky.
Last edited by PovilasMat on Apr 1, 2018, 8:43:02 PM
"
bskaa wrote:
Could I do it on HC?

What Povilas said, this build is incredibly great at clearing maps however bosses require you to play a bit more defensively if you don't want to die. I can do most of the maps deathless while solo but I have died quite a few times overall. Since I'm a SC player I'm not afraid to run mods that would be avoided in HC which is where most of my death's have come from.
One more question, couldn't find it; how do you level it? I mean what skills
"
bskaa wrote:

ED, Contagion, Blight, Scorching Ray are all good. I personally leveled with Poet's Pens socketed with Bodyswap and Volatile Dead.
"
bskaa wrote:

Pretty much what Catemonster said, there is a leveling section but it's in the area with the skill trees. I suppose I could create a section that is dedicated to leveling however which should make it easier for anyone else to find.
Out of curiosity, Flasher, I'm still actively working on this build and have progressed smoothly into mapping (currently stuck in T9s because no drops). My goals are to pick up a chaos Impresence and being able to run tri-curse plus the two auras, but I feel like I'm struggling to keep my resists up with all the uniques you've got.

My thought was to get the amulet, swap out Bated Breath for a crystal belt, and then get a better helm/shield. If I run Heretic's and Bated Breath AND Impresence, the only way I could think to keep up resists is loading up heavily on jewels, which would require some tree management and sacrificing damage (or ES).

What do you think is the best plan? I noticed you're using Aspect of the Spider, but have no clue how you manage to run tri-curse, two auras, and Aspect on your mana (even with Enlighten and mana reservation nodes).
Sorry for cheesy old school music in advance :), the sound got messed up while recording, so I had to replace it and it is pretty hard to find songs that are allowed on youtube videos.

It is just a little bit of mapping and Elder Guardians on red maps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3ph6jO0J9U

T15 Elder, Shaper Guardians and Shaper himself coming soon.
Last edited by PovilasMat on Apr 2, 2018, 3:56:09 PM
"
PovilasMat wrote:
Sorry for cheesy old school music in advance :), the sound got messed up while recording, so I had to replace it and it is pretty hard to find songs that are allowed on youtube videos.

It is just a little bit of mapping and Elder Guardians on red maps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3ph6jO0J9U

T15 Elder, Shaper Guardians and Shaper himself coming soon.

I'll check these out while I eat before work. Any music is allowed on youtube, it's just some will cause ads and such (unless you already meet the requirements for the new youtube partner, I'm currently way under the requirements though.)

"
Catemonster wrote:
Out of curiosity, Flasher, I'm still actively working on this build and have progressed smoothly into mapping (currently stuck in T9s because no drops). My goals are to pick up a chaos Impresence and being able to run tri-curse plus the two auras, but I feel like I'm struggling to keep my resists up with all the uniques you've got.

My thought was to get the amulet, swap out Bated Breath for a crystal belt, and then get a better helm/shield. If I run Heretic's and Bated Breath AND Impresence, the only way I could think to keep up resists is loading up heavily on jewels, which would require some tree management and sacrificing damage (or ES).

What do you think is the best plan? I noticed you're using Aspect of the Spider, but have no clue how you manage to run tri-curse, two auras, and Aspect on your mana (even with Enlighten and mana reservation nodes).

That gear is probably a week out of date, I dropped vitality to use aspect of the spider but I didnt have an imprescense at the time. You can look up my character (Death_Spider) for my current gear. for eleweakness maps I drop enfeeble to run purity of elements. I'll have to update the guide a bit once I get more free time from work

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info