Audio Suggestions.

Hi Audio Devs, not sure if this has been suggested before however:

When I play RPGS (and aRPGs) personally I don't particularly like to hear the "hack" and "slash" sounds. I like to hear loot dropping, environmental audio (rain, thunder, wind etc) and the music -edit- especially in a game where the atmosphere is so nice, dark and brooding!

I may be alone here, but is it possible to group the volume sliders somehow? Something like:

1. Sound Effects Volume
2. Voice Volume
3. Atmospherics Volume
4. Quest indicators/loot volume
5. Music volume

When I hear fantastic sound design I hate to hear it getting squelched by foley guys with watermelons.

Thanks for listening! From a fellow sound guy that's really impressed with how POE sound is coming along :)
Last edited by EpicThighs on Jul 29, 2012, 5:15:21 AM
Made this video up using a couple of music / sound effects, just as a background ambience suggestion.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP9V4I1_FDY
Posted this in the wrong thread:

"
When the darkness event happens in act 2, I feel like some background audio to reflect the evil souls flying about - like the occasional distant wail, or maybe the occasional sound of people crying or screaming or something like that - would really support the awesome visual atmosphere.
would any like to kill monsters with music like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xZfDvJu-Y8&feature=bf_prev&list=PLACAD0B02907709A9
I think it would be great idea if you implement music player, so noone would be bitchin' about it isn't scary it isn't diablo like and so on. If someone likes diablo 1 music,-> here's your player, play whatever you wish!

...and you can open thread where people can compete with music for PoE. The way I see it, its more than one who would do well

I would really appreciate comments on this subject!)

Last edited by miasma on Aug 19, 2012, 2:20:29 PM
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
regarding Killas900 comment:

Some singing is on the list of things to record for merveil, the problem with this is that it requires the voice actor to have some singing ability :P and I can't promise that they will!
Won't that be one of the requirements for auditioning them?
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
nice sound
i have a few ideias that would improve the experience...
1st: a danger health sound, since i'm all about melee combat sometimes health disapears before i even notice
2nd: bosses/stonger creatures should have some diferent sounds like a grunt or one of those punch lines
1: Create a sound when you open the Stash.

2: Make a different sound when you level up.
Would there be any chance of having a "rainy mood" type ambiance where you can hear thunder and the rain splashing when your in the act 1 town? Or even anywhere where it is raining.
I suggest that when you press Goodbye button when you finish a conversation with an NPC that NPC says you something, like: take care, good luck.... etc etc

An immense river of oblivion is sweeping us away into a nameless abyss.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info