Audio Suggestions.

Are you ever going to add an option to disable ducking? I've had my dialogue volume turned off since 2.3 (except occasionally to see if a patch made it better) and all it takes is going into Daresso's Dream once before i turn it back off again. I would like to be able to hear npc dialogue, but as long as it means i can't hear battle sounds, it's not worth it :( .
If the game supports software mixing of audio channels than it should be possible to imitate FMOD's ability to mix multiple sounds together and output the result through a single audio channel, allowing for more multiple sounds than the sound device supports via its hardware.

Thus allowing everyone to have up to 128 or even 256 simultaneous sounds regardless of their audio hardware (At the expense of CPU requirements increasing). You would keep an option to enable the hardware the use of its hardware channels for those that have a sound device that can handle such large numbers via hardware to alleviate the CPU performance impact.

Also, here's an old suggestion: Add sound effects for picking up potions!
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Sep 11, 2016, 8:09:12 AM

Scion has been released for a few years, and I just rolled another one, and then remembered why I never have since..

Her combat sounds, she screams them all the damn time, and it tends to override any other soft casted spells.

So while you spent all this time making awesome sounds. I just turned them all off because of 1. I like combat sounds. But I don't need to hear "HA. HO, HAWUAH" on every single spammming spell cast.

This is prob the #1 reason people hate the character.

could you please redo the lightning golem sound effect? the incessant zap sound when it drops lightning on the ground that arcs out to hit other targets is the most irritating sound effect I have ever heard.

The zap sound is extremely distracting and not nice to listen to when you play a character for a few hours.
I've had to just switch to using a different golem. Its a shame cause the golem looks kinda cute and I really want to use him. I'd really like an option to mute minion sounds in this game.
Lab is a chore

Delve / Harbinger / Incursion / Delirium best leagues.
Last edited by Ruby_Lux on Oct 11, 2016, 10:36:07 AM
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
If you have any ideas to improve the audio post them here!

Please, set Arctic armour audio to ambient sound. Please...

EDIT: Add golem and portal sound to this.

EDIT 2: The sounds that are constant are extremely annoying. These sounds are also present when you afk. All the time noise. To me this is just like listening to something (music); Say some great classical music, together with white noise...

I have also requested this before. And I will do it again if needed. Next time I'll post it on Reddit tho, and see if I'm the only one who is extremely annoyed at this. Tho I hope I won't have to be annoyed for too much longer.

EDIT 3: It is obvious by the amount of challenges completed that you play the game a bit. Not as much as someone like me tho. So are you using Arctic armour and golems? If you don't, then try. If you are using them, try to have the game open in the background for the hours that you work. Just have it open (in the background) and do your normal work. Then try to do a map here and there, maybe 1 every 1 hour or so. Your map device must be near the stash!

I know that there's tings like turning your arctic armour off but for golems and portals it's a bit harder. This can surely not be too hard to change.

Believe I would not be writing this if I was not that important to me personally. I did notice the portals make sound in a smaller are now. That was nice, but it's not enough. :)
Greengroove's Loot Filter Scripts: poeurl.com/OMs
Last edited by Greengroove on Jan 3, 2017, 3:49:53 PM
Not sure if this has been asked yet but can we have a master volume slider? This slider would make all sounds (as set in the other volume settings) louder or softer.

I adjust my audio a lot during the game (louder if I have background music on, tad lower if I have a stream on in the background, to minimum if I have discord on) and now I have to do this all with the Windows audio mixer. Would be a great QOL improvement. ty!
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
If you have any ideas to improve the audio post them here!

Here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5v4rc5/can_we_get_a_separate_volume_control_for_chat/?ref=search_posts

Looks like a lot of people want some changes.
Greengroove's Loot Filter Scripts: poeurl.com/OMs
Hi

Some of the features you're talking about have been discussed in the past. I've suggested adding a Master and UI fader to Jonathan. If he'd like the feature added he'll pass to a programmer.

Keep in mind programmer time is limited, features like these tend to be low priority.

About constant sounds. I understand why these would be an issue for a player who spends large amounts of time in game. Any constant sound over a long period of time is going to become frustrating.

Hopefully the addition of a UI fader would solve this issue for you.
The audio guy.
Hello Andrew,

I brought you two videos (the sound is really low, but you will get the message).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYbPXulMwTY

The overlapping sounds of X ice storms can become really noisy and unpleasant.

I would like to suggest a cap for that, so that it always sounds more like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY0UiSiwf-k

This could probably be adapted to other skills as well, but I can't think of any right now. Sorry :)

Thanks for reading and watching.

Apologies if someone mentioned this already - but please, add audio narration to the books in the library and archives, and maybe Vaal letters too! It would improve the experience a lot!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info