Audio Suggestions.

When you voice all six characters will be there one of them have gloomy comments for locations and quests, like necromancer in diablo 2?
I hope someone will. Approve please if you can.
ign: Bikvin
"
triada13 wrote:
When you voice all six characters will be there one of them have gloomy comments for locations and quests, like necromancer in diablo 2?
I hope someone will. Approve please if you can.

Yea this would be nice, i liked the Necromancer in d2 very much and his Comments are nice to hear:).
Takahiro the Inferno Necromancer!
My Army of Death is Filled whit Tons of TNT:)!
All the characters will have comments when entering certain areas/fighting bosses.

The audio guy.
Don't make them generic and stupid like in D3 please.
RIP Bolto
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
All the characters will have comments when entering certain areas/fighting bosses.

Nice, i hope one of them will really enjoy this "new nightmare life" in Wraeclast.

Maybe you have answer about date when all characters get their voices back? I mean it will be before open beta,or in the same date when open beta starts, or some time after that?
ign: Bikvin
For the 2-3 days I got to play the only thing that bugged me that stayed with me long enough to be irritated by it (even now, I guess) is the general lack of sound for basic melee combat.

There is sound for hit and swing but they're feint and blend in with everything else. The impact of a weapon is a quiet, small little 'plink' like someone poked a case of baloney with a spoon or something.

Ultimately I can't tell if im hitting or not, and the actual swinging sound of the weapons aren't to satisfying. Now this is in stark contrast to the skills such as Double Strike or Cleave. Both of those make 'very' satisfying swing noises though can't remember if they got extra hit sounds too.

Anyway that my suggestion with audio. Basic martial weapons could use better sound indicators of actually landing a hit and a little more satisfying sounds on the weapon swing. And as someone else suggested different sound base on weapon type (slash vs blunt vs pierce).

-edit-
Oh and as a side note im using some pretty good headphones, so if I'm having a hard time picking out the hti noises it'll be murder trying to do it on normal speakers.
Def Con: kills owls dead
Last edited by AdhinJT on May 17, 2012, 3:40:30 PM
The satisfactory side of audio improving could be managed by dividing the hit sound into three categories;

1. Hitting to a flesh,
2. Hitting to an armour
3. Hitting to a hard obstacles (golems/skeletons)

We should have 3 different audio sounds for each category goes. Besides the basic weapon skills' audio, maybe a mixed audio at the end, or an ending sound is determined over for whatever you are hitting actually.

If at the end, we could have these kind of differentiations game satisfaction would be increased dramatically i would say.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Is special music for bossfights planned?
I just watched some D3 bossfight videos and must admit that the dramatic music adds a lot to the battle.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
I second this, boss music would be very nice indeed.
To the complaints about impact audio!

Hopefully these will all be updated, I completely agree with most stuff being said about this.

"1. Hitting to a flesh,
2. Hitting to an armour
3. Hitting to a hard obstacles (golems/skeletons)"

This is a system we already have, and when new impacts are made you will notice it a bit more.

The audio guy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info