Audio Suggestions.

Maybe I will switch them back.... When I first added the original death sounds to the necromancers I got a fair amount of feedback that the death sounds were out of place (from the community)

Most people in the office agreed with that, so I changed them :P of course if there is enough people who want the original sounds, I can switch them out again!
The audio guy.
Hey Andrew, switching back won't solve the problem it had been, cause it was flawed as well, and you know it !
I know you could bring on much better job than that, but why choosing the "easy" way and brush over ? Don't get it...
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Last edited by BrecMadak on Feb 6, 2013, 3:48:26 PM
More meaty, bass, impact in the sounds for hits. I need to feel it connecting on more blunt attacks
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
Last edited by laycast on Feb 6, 2013, 8:12:35 PM
Suggestion: Don't stop the NPC sound files on movement.

I really like the NPC VO. Currently the only way to hear it is to stop playing the game and stand still. I want the NPC to keep talking if I walk away to my stash or open the vendor menu with him. That way I can do something gameplay-wise while listening to the sound file instead of having to choose between the two.

Of course there should still be something obvious the player can do to stop them talking.
Sometimes i put off the music in Sarn just to enjoy the calm athmosphere of the birds and the river. I just find it annoying that the river sound loop is just about 4 seconds. It would be more relaxing if it is not getting so immediatly hooked into your mind.
Maybe it is just me who thinks that way and it isnt worth the work of putting in another audio file. But it would be a nice chill out zone. =)
IGN: Vashira / Claw_of_the_Vaal_SMASH
Maybe mentioned already, count this as +1 for it then.

When in dialogs, the music and sound fx could become lowered to make it even easier to hear what they are saying and make it more immersive. Also, a small "click" or sound effect when dialogs are initiated and another one when "goodbye:ing" would be nice (as well as all other sound effects not there yet, hovering over menus, using waypoints etc.)

The fade-out when canceling a dialog feels kind of awkward. I'd like it better with a faster fade-out, or even an immediate stop (would be better with a "click" like mentioned above)

Last edited by Krigf on Feb 14, 2013, 5:55:35 PM
I'd like to hear a different score when beating a Boss.

When I kill Brutus the music just continues and there is no "A Winner is You!" anthem.

Something fitting over a hard battle would be nice.
Clam and rewarding.

Same goes for when you die. (to be honest right now I dont know if the music changes when you die) But something that is creepy and lingering when you died would be nice.
Not directly an audio suggestion, but maybe you guys can pass it in the office.

is possible to add a 'master volume' adjustment in game besides the all 3 different ones? Yeah some people can still make use of that hehe.
I'm sure this has been suggested before, but a mute city sounds option would be much appreciated. The background noise in the cities (Fire/sea in Lionseye, water in forest and Sarn) becomes very annoying, especially when Path is not your main program running. I have Path open a lot while doing new builds, looking at forum, etc. and I'm sure a lot of other people do too. While the "mute if in background" option is rather nice for now, this also makes it so you can't hear whisper pings.

In the end it's not a huge deal, but I think this would be relatively simple to implement and a nice option to have.
@Moylin (Beyond)
Last edited by Avelice on Feb 21, 2013, 2:19:32 PM
"
BrecMadak wrote:
"
Charan wrote:
I'm not sure when this happened, but the 'older' Necromancer death sounds were far superior to what we have now imo.

Exactly, it was diabolic at least.

Yes, I noticed something missing there as well.
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info