NO LONGER MAINTAINED

lvl 60 in act 8 or something. first time i use skeleton mages. they have a big advantage over spectres. and that is: i don't have to point them to a target at all. i can focus on avoiding damage and looting instead. good times.

it feels pretty good to be able to move about as i wish without having to babysit my minions.

Last edited by kompaniet on Jan 1, 2018, 4:55:13 PM
why does everyone use that craptastic belt? does everyone have no resist issues?

am i doing it wrong by using this:

????
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
why does everyone use that craptastic belt? does everyone have no resist issues?

????

if you can cap your res its alot dmg for a lil bit life as trade off.
its also super cheap.
hmm that is kind of difficult with the fact that bones of ullr and vis mortis lacks resists.
and ghastly eye jewels with life damage and resists are obnoxiously expensive

running 1 - 2 exalts a head ... yeesh
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

????

Was that in response to my post? I only use darkness enthroned because i am leveling. Have been using it from lvl 1-60. I plan to replace it when i need more resistances. Likely after i kill kitava and get the merciless -60% penalty. For now i am on 75% cold/fire/light so it's no need.

Such a great leveling belt btw. Usable from lvl 1. I hope it's here to stay for future leagues. Makes leveling better.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jan 4, 2018, 3:14:05 PM
well i am sand boxing it right now too see if could be used in end game.

if i can snipe another one of these i might be able to pull it off

i got this for 30 c. all the rest are 2exa because some one is flipping them
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jan 5, 2018, 9:39:41 AM
lvl 74. Decided to make use of my chest link for spectres. Using three tukohama's vanguard.

For some reason people charge 2+ exalt for bones of ullr with a decent move speed and the life/mana regeneration enchantment. Ridiculous. I bought the shoes for a few chaos and did the lab and got it in my first attempt. It's nowhere near worth 2+ exalts for such a common enchantment.

That jewel looks good saltychipmunk. But i would never pay more than 30c for a jewel. The cost far outweights any benefit beyond that imo. To each their own. Maybe there are some people who pay 2 exalt for a jewel lol.

Edit: The Sandworn Slaves looked like they had spectre potential. But after testing i was not content. They pause a lot and don't deal enough damage imo. I planned to use them for singlet target since they use cyclone and have some sort of tornado trigged by attacks. They are also very tanky but i couldn't get them to work well. Anyone else tested t hose?
Last edited by kompaniet on Jan 5, 2018, 7:39:23 PM
So is it better to use Anger now over Haste? Not sure which aura to use after the 3.1 skeleton buff.

Edit: after actually using PoB and simming anger vs haste with EE, haste is still better. Derp.
Last edited by Glendoor on Jan 5, 2018, 8:33:02 PM
Yes haste and ee would be more damage but i don't currently need that and i don't have enough dex (155+) for lvl 20+ haste. I only have 110 for the other green gems gmp and pierce. Also that would require curse on hit and an attack spell for it to trigger meaning i'd have to drop two other gems to make room.

Perhaps later when i have a need for it.

Last edited by kompaniet on Jan 5, 2018, 10:46:29 PM
I went Ahead and did the EB MoM ZO variant of this build (since i had the gear laying around)

currently 87 with 5.56 k hp 2.34k es I think two most useful advantages this has over the mana mom variant is the ability too run 2 blasphemy auras which MASSIVLY boost the damage potential of the skeletons when clearing in maps (basically doubles their dps) and the ability to actually pick up spirit binder for the spectres since i can run a purity of elements to gain the 20 ish all res i lose from commander of darkness

As for the regen issues.. well i just use sorrow of the divine , regen on life when i need , regen on es when i need.

chaos is a little spooky sometimes though just because .. es

Spoiler

I was shocked how low the damage of skeletons actually were when i put it in pob.

Id definitely start the league on mana mom as the es one is gear heavy

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jan 8, 2018, 9:00:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info