[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

"
qaizr wrote:
"
JordanT7 wrote:
Ah right I knew that! So the idea for a helm like that is just to benefit from the +1 mine.

yep. i was checking out your character and noticed your arcane surge is over leveled. you need it to be level 6 if you want it to proc with flame dash or level 4 to proc with frost bomb. also CWDT will never trigger fortify since fortify's level requirement has to be 38 or lower. a level 5 enfeeble would be a good replacement.

Thank you very much. I didnt know that about the arcane surge set up!
"
Which boot enchant should we look for?

edit:
Also in POB you have antifreeze/chill both on a ring and a flask - intended?
Would Lavianga's Spirit be a good manaflask option?

Lavianga is a life saver if you're MoM. Use it
Been having quite a bit of fun with this build. I've always wanted to play a trap or mine character but never did. For all the complaints about disappointment etc I feel like the core issue for them has been converting over from Arc to early.

The clear speed of arc in maps was more than adequate with marginal gear (recently upgraded most slots). Sure I was getting one shot by Janus and fortification syndicates like the rest of the player base, but overall most of my deaths were my own fault. Wherein lies my biggest hurdle with the build.

I generally enjoy playing a melee based attack character most so my play-style had to completely change being a miner. Far to often I found and still find myself still dashing into a pack expecting to drop mines and detonate them before being insta-gibbed. The fact is the build works if you play to it's strengths.

I just recently got a lucky 6L amongst other trades and was finally able to start upgrading my gear and make a push towards a legitimate GC miner build. So far with the new equipment bosses are an absolute joke and get melted and syndicate members fortified or not are getting taken out much more cleanly with the DPS boost overall.

I am only into the early red maps, but having an absolute blast! I donated my previous gear to my brother who is fairly new to the game and playing a similar build. That gear got me through tier 8-9 maps using arc with no issues whatsoever. If anyone would like a link to that please let me know.

I certainly do not think I am a top tier player, more of an average player with a decent understanding of the game and I'm just giving my experiences thus far. I'm sure there are things I could be doing better from a min/max point of view and no I haven't killed uber elder etc, but it's a game and I'm having fun and at the end of the day that's what it's all about isn't it?

Happy Holidays!
How much did your helm cost you? It's a thing of beauty!
Last edited by qaizr on Dec 12, 2018, 12:04:37 PM
"
qaizr wrote:
How much did your helm cost you? It's a thing of beauty!

I think I got extremely lucky. While I was already looking for a +1 helm and trying to decide between a 3ex str helm or 5ex int helm, this one popped up for only 2ex! When I messaged the trader I was certain to be met with a re-price because it hadn't been listed more than 2 minutes, but I lucked out and got to hit "Accept" :)

So this was a case of right place, doing the right thing, at the right time for me! lol
Wow! That's super lucky. There's only one on poe.trade right now with a measly 23 max life going for 2.5ex
this build is op af. 2d8h /played first uber kill. Thx windz for the guide
Pretty hard buy a high ilvl with low dex. requirement Foil so i stick with dagger for now... i did those "very easy" and trying to craft another with crit. multi.

Last edited by kamidak on Dec 12, 2018, 4:00:54 PM
"
kamidak wrote:
Pretty hard by a high ilvl with low dex. requirement Foil so i stick with dagger for now... i did those "very easy" and trying to craft another with crit. multi.

Yeah I dont have the dex for the swords that I see the majority of players using so ill probably have to craft daggers like you did. They look pretty great to me btw!
I'm following this build using arc as main skill.

What you ppl think about a MF variant? It wold be viable?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info