[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

Gear after ~36 hours played lvl 90 in Flashback HC. Quit a week ago out of boredom but came back and 6l'ed the chest and made some other minor optimizations. Here they are if anyone is interested but I can't imagine this build surviving 3.3 ... then again who knows as FB prolif was around forever and now is coming back.

Clear Mind
2x The Long Winter
2x life & crit multi jewels
IGN @dime
Last edited by dime on May 14, 2018, 2:54:48 PM
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:
You're never going to feel tanky. This build is based on dodge and careful play. By dodge I mean born in the shadows which blinds stuff around you. If you're starting up, BITS + acro and Co nodes helps you a lot. Once you get better at it, you can start playing without it. It's all about not being an idiot and charge into a pack of stuff where you'll get wrecked if you don't have stun recovery or the gear to do it.

At a certain point. For mapping you can use brightbreak and a shield to map with as it gives a lot of attack speed for shield charging.

Thanks for covering the Uber Elder part. I would like to do the fight and I think my char could handle it, but I really cannot be arsed to convert time of my life into 15 memory fragments ;)

About that which I actually quoted: I would say, this char is quite tanky between Acro, Blind and Enfeeble. You're still better off dodging telegraphed attacks manually, but there's no problem Shield Charging blindly through a t16 map.

"
dime wrote:
Gear after ~36 hours played lvl 90 in Flashback HC. Quit a week ago out of boredom but came back and 6l'ed the chest and made some other minor optimizations.

Optimized is a strong word. You don't have the 4th mine from your helmet, use no curse and render your Born in the Shadows useless with Kaom's Roots.

No offense to you, but a post like this is like a mini guide for others and I don't think this is the best advice for them.
Last edited by Solmyr77 on May 15, 2018, 5:15:40 AM
"
Solmyr77 wrote:
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:
You're never going to feel tanky. This build is based on dodge and careful play. By dodge I mean born in the shadows which blinds stuff around you. If you're starting up, BITS + acro and Co nodes helps you a lot. Once you get better at it, you can start playing without it. It's all about not being an idiot and charge into a pack of stuff where you'll get wrecked if you don't have stun recovery or the gear to do it.

At a certain point. For mapping you can use brightbreak and a shield to map with as it gives a lot of attack speed for shield charging.

Thanks for covering the Uber Elder part. I would like to do the fight and I think my char could handle it, but I really cannot be arsed to convert time of my life into 15 memory fragments ;)

About that which I actually quoted: I would say, this char is quite tanky between Acro, Blind and Enfeeble. You're still better off dodging telegraphed attacks manually, but there's no problem Shield Charging blindly through a t16 map.

"
dime wrote:
Gear after ~36 hours played lvl 90 in Flashback HC. Quit a week ago out of boredom but came back and 6l'ed the chest and made some other minor optimizations.

Optimized is a strong word. You don't have the 4th mine from your helmet, use no curse and render your Born in the Shadows useless with Kaom's Roots.

No offense to you, but a post like this is like a mini guide for others and I don't think this is the best advice for them.

Cmon now you know what I meant by tanky part. As in walk in like a boss and shurg damage off like a boss. All it takes is 1 random attack on a rippy map which manages to go through our layered evasion/dodge/eva mitigation and we're splat. One of the reasons why I don't quite like the Acro and Co nodes, I guess if you don't get hit, then it's as good as any defensive buffs.

Though high risk high reward which is nice.

Well at the very least hop back on bestiary, give it a shot. Get some practice in. First time I tried it I made so many mistakes. Main one was mana flask mismanagement, thought I'd go in an delete both bosses, turns out it's an immune phase ping-pong fest lol.

Other one was spell totem was rather useless with Inc duration where minion life/res was better but still didn't require that since mines + manual deto reigned supreme.
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

Cmon now you know what I meant by tanky part. As in walk in like a boss and shurg damage off like a boss. All it takes is 1 random attack on a rippy map which manages to go through our layered evasion/dodge/eva mitigation and we're splat. One of the reasons why I don't quite like the Acro and Co nodes, I guess if you don't get hit, then it's as good as any defensive buffs.

Fine, that much is true. Evasion as a defensive concept has the natural issue of dying to one-shots when all of your %-chances to avoid damage fail on that 1 crit which goes beyond your EHP-pool.

But to be honest, compared to your average mapping character, this one is on the "tanky" side. A 12k HP Jugg it is not.

"
Well at the very least hop back on bestiary, give it a shot. Get some practice in. First time I tried it I made so many mistakes. Main one was mana flask mismanagement, thought I'd go in an delete both bosses, turns out it's an immune phase ping-pong fest lol.

Other one was spell totem was rather useless with Inc duration where minion life/res was better but still didn't require that since mines + manual deto reigned supreme.

It's not about practicing the Uber Elder fight. I don't say I would delete him on my first attempt, but that I think I could beat him.
The issue is that I'm not willing to invest the time required for 15 memory fragments. I'm more of a theory guy.

I like to follow this thread and give some advice where I can and leave the absolute endgame to you. My target audience are budget-focused players :)
After all, this build is so strong, it can insta-phase Uber Atziri without any fancy multiple ex items.
If I already have 100% phys conversion should I look to get a long winter jewel or max life% & damage mod jewel?
Howdy, miners. I'm learning this build lately. Since i nv played mine builds before, hope you guys don't mind my rookie question here. I use mouse left key to move and right key to lay mines. When i try to lay a mine, I have to move mouse cursor back to my character, then click left key so mines could be laid close to where my character stands, otherwise, my character would move first, then lay mines. But, when i watch windz's youtube videos, his mouse cursor was far way from the character and he still managed to lay mines next to character. how did he do that? can anyone explain, please? much appreciate that.
"
TxE4GL3k wrote:
Howdy, miners. I'm learning this build lately. Since i nv played mine builds before, hope you guys don't mind my rookie question here. I use mouse left key to move and right key to lay mines. When i try to lay a mine, I have to move mouse cursor back to my character, then click left key so mines could be laid close to where my character stands, otherwise, my character would move first, then lay mines. But, when i watch windz's youtube videos, his mouse cursor was far way from the character and he still managed to lay mines next to character. how did he do that? can anyone explain, please? much appreciate that.

It's in windz's OP.

Tips & Tricks

Use the num lock trick if possible:

Bind attack in place to a number on the numpad. Numlock on. Hold it and turn numlock off.
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eipby7lhhJw

Gotta spend some time to read bud. But I can't fault you lol. 216 pages.
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:
"
TxE4GL3k wrote:

It's in windz's OP.

Tips & Tricks

Use the num lock trick if possible:

Bind attack in place to a number on the numpad. Numlock on. Hold it and turn numlock off.
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eipby7lhhJw

Gotta spend some time to read bud. But I can't fault you lol. 216 pages.

Oopsy, my bad. thanks, genisys. you are another Almighty God GC miner.
"
Griff112 wrote:
If I already have 100% phys conversion should I look to get a long winter jewel or max life% & damage mod jewel?

Short answer: rare jewel

Long answer: How do you achieve the 100% conversion? Most options are inferior to the Long Winters. But you certainly don't want to go beyond 100%. Not that that had a negative influence but it's a big waste.
@Solmyr

I've looked through your most recent miner and I can't find a source of fire damage or ignition chance for Yoke?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info