[3.9] Windz's Generic Miner Sabo (Arc/Pyroclast focused)

"Ok, here are some reasons why you die:

No flask with an "of Heat" suffix, so you die when you open a box that freezes you. Those of us who don't run one, use a Dream Fragments ring that makes you immune.

No Pyromaniac ascendancy makes you miss out on Shock immunity and 20%(!) life reg per second.

No Born in the Shadows ascendancy means enemies don't get automatically blinded (kills their to-hit-chance).

You forgot to spec into MoM which adds a big chunk of EHP by converting your mana pool into EHP.

Your items are super expensive so they aren't the reason you die. You do lack a proper helmet though: It needs to have the "place an additional mine" line so you place 4 instead of 3 per cast."

first of all thank you. for tha flaks yeah i know, the flaks are not the big deal i anyways want to roll them. but what i realy mean is that i feel super squeeze, is like even a T11 Elder hit me and im pretty dead even with CWDT + IC + Enfeeble + Frostbomb. next think is what i dont get how they come on like 2K on mana.. i have like 1000 (even with MoM i dont have huge more mana) and i pick any mana point on the tree like in this guide. when i go for MoM i die like even more because its takes all of my mana that im not even able to cast a spell..
Last edited by oNx1g on May 24, 2018, 10:29:45 AM
"
oNx1g wrote:
but what i realy mean is that i feel super squeeze, is like even a T11 Elder hit me and im pretty dead even with CWDT + IC + Enfeeble + Frostbomb. next think is what i dont get how they come on like 2K on mana.. i have like 1000 (even with MoM i dont have huge more mana) and i pick any mana point on the tree like in this guide. when i go for MoM i die like even more because its takes all of my mana that im not even able to cast a spell..

CWDT will never save you from a one-shot. You need to live through one hit to proc it.

Your life and mana are low because you have only 147% and 28% increases on the tree. My values are 157% and 106% respectively (plus 7% from the rare jewel).

edit: I never had the issue of not having enough mana for a Shield Charge, but several people posted that. Can't you use your Lavianga's in those cases? Also, Vaal Clarity could help.
Last edited by Solmyr77 on May 24, 2018, 10:47:23 AM
i need to say it again , this is the best build that i ever followed in this game , the guide is really well written too , i had never done a miner before or sab , and i learned alot , i started with life/mom did all content (uber lab was a bit hard but can be easy if you know the fight well) , and switched low life just to see and both versions are amaziing, can't wait for your next builds , i played this build alot and got a burnout x)
Ahh, it's over... My sun... it's setting... It's dark, so dark...
Sweet.

Drafted out a incursion league specific setup; seeing the temples are clear speedbased.

Can't wait to test this out.
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:
Sweet.

Drafted out a incursion league specific setup; seeing the temples are clear speedbased.

sounds great man

arc mine on helm and gc on chest sounds solid af
What changes do you make (if any) for 3.3?

Edit: nvm just saw your edit to OP. Ignore me :)
Last edited by MAlandM on May 30, 2018, 5:55:57 AM
"
windz wrote:
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:
Sweet.

sounds great man

arc mine on helm and gc on chest sounds solid af

Came to that conclusion as well. Which should be pretty damn good. I'll eventually branch out to KB mines and weapon swap to GC for bosses. Seeing now the passive tree support more damage to traps and mines early on, hitting a good amount of damage early on wouldn't be too hard to achieve with a crappy wand, which shouldn't even be that hard to achieve with that flask plus wand recipe or the somewhat beastly low ilvl high tiered temple specific items that drops.

KB mines has the mad advantage of absolutely obliterating hordes of enemies and is, from tests, somewhat smart at targetting, especially if you drop them in a room and you're sort of encircled; it can act as a kinetic blast nova on detonation.

From my brief experiment in 3.2, it's pretty fun safe and that was before I dibbed in born in the shadows.

Unsure how the top end ceiling is going to be for the incursions at end game in terms of ttk with arc/vaal arc Vs 1 cast of KB mines.
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

KB mines has the mad advantage of absolutely obliterating hordes of enemies and is, from tests, somewhat smart at targetting, especially if you drop them in a room and you're sort of encircled; it can act as a kinetic blast nova on detonation.

If you're going the KB route, what's your take on power siphon? Seems like the wanders got quite excited about the reworked version. Also, would there be a way to fit the new vaal ice/light purity into the build?

A big issue with wands is the movement skill. How do you deal with that without going pathfinder?
Last edited by Mirchea on May 30, 2018, 9:20:21 AM
"
Mirchea wrote:
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

If you're going the KB route, what's your take on power siphon? Seems like the wanders got quite excited about the reworked version. Also, would there be a way to fit the new vaal ice/light purity into the build?

A big issue with wands is the movement skill. How do you deal with that without going pathfinder?

I was running quicksilver at the time. PS/VPS is neat but the former doesn't shotgun or overlap, though, dual shimmeron and PS is some mad good multi bonuses.

So many possibilities, but I'll test the shit out of a lot of those setups. Last time I ran KB/gc, fb/gc, hell even bladefall and icespear, KB came up on top, this time around there is heaps of interesting choices where arcmines is definitely a damn fine candidate.

Also if I got wand and swap to dua dagger for GC, I'll probably link flame dash on the wand and wb on the swap. Don't worry I'll figure something out lol and I'm more than willing to share since I'm starting as sabo this league; no flameblast shenanigans.
"
ShadowGenisys wrote:

I was running quicksilver at the time. PS/VPS is neat but the former doesn't shotgun or overlap, though, dual shimmeron and PS is some mad good multi bonuses.

The reworked version:

Since we get power charges with Blast Cascade, the buff should be on almost all the time. And as you said, it should be fairly op with shimmerons.
Last edited by Mirchea on May 30, 2018, 10:07:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info