[3.0] BLIGHT PACT | Guardians+Shaper+UberAtz Down on a 4l! Budget To Not So Budget | Starter Build

"
"
lumosnoxlumo wrote:
"
I dont know if anyone tried it, but im currently using dual apeps for bosses and tried 1 obliteration horn and 1 apeps to clear maps and it SOUNDS GLORIOUS. i dont know man its just that the sound when everything explodes is so good. give it a try.

I would totally have done that if I could use whirling blades with it :(

Yeah, thats the downside, ill try it a bit replacing the Kaoom Roots for movement speed boots to compensate, but hey, you cant have it all at once cant you.

My single target is fine. i dont know what you think of NOT using artic armour. the increased reduction actually makes it less likely to get a savage hit off. I realized that using enfeeble was killing me before switching to temporal chains, maybe artic armour actually lowers your chance to outleech on single target, same on some phanteon buffs.
Maybe im just too low level and the single target part without the savage hit will be fine later but if not, that might be a work around.

Well, I have 9.2k hp and have no problems leeching off bosses. Only degen bosses like high garden/plaza do pose a threat to me. Even normal mobs do savage hits to me even with arctic armour at higher tiered maps. Stun immunity is also very important to me as you take so much damage at t15/16, the moment you take stop leeching you die. But you might have a different experience from me. I also tried an al dhil as an offhand weapon-boy it was so darn cool with the explosions everywhere!

Apep's is really strong for darkpact/blight and if you made your peace with not being able to use whirling blades, then it would improve your dps pretty significantly. The mana increase is also somewhat of a non-issue due to the mana per case of blight being really little. However that cannot be said to be the same as lightning warp. Lightning warp will probably be your go to skill, linked with faster casting, reduced duration as well as arcane surge if you can afford the links. The downside of dual apeps is the lack of duration provided by breath of the council tho. You probably will not be able to reach high stacks of blight and wither.

That being said, I would like to know your experience with red maps once you reach there. I might want to also give dual apep's a spin!
[3.0] BLIGHT PACT | Guardians+Shaper Down on a 4l! Budget To Not So Budget | 9k life | Starter Build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1957148
Last edited by lumosnoxlumo on Aug 18, 2017, 3:28:53 PM
thanks for the input. will update while leveling.
doing this as 2 chars failed this league
im looking for a boss killer and the builds seens realy godd at doing :D
Hi,

I didnt get it, how could you use dark pact ?
https://pastebin.com/bJdQFinJ
I can't even use wither , i just summond a totem instead who cast wither but thats all

Help plz , ty
Last edited by CollapseDesSynapses on Aug 18, 2017, 9:21:12 PM
Hello lumosnoxlumo I'm using your build and I'm loving it so far, you really did a good job on it =). But I would like to know what gems would it be really worth it to buy 20/20 or if you can just let them lvl up by themselves with no quality because it dosen't make much of a diference.

Thanks in advance for replying =)
"
Canadiano wrote:
Hello lumosnoxlumo I'm using your build and I'm loving it so far, you really did a good job on it =). But I would like to know what gems would it be really worth it to buy 20/20 or if you can just let them lvl up by themselves with no quality because it dosen't make much of a diference.

Thanks in advance for replying =)

Quality gives minor improvement for almost all the gems bar temporal chains; but if there was a gem that I would buy 20/20, it will be dark pact and cast when channelling. Ultimately I leveled my gems from scratch so its fine to do that too.
[3.0] BLIGHT PACT | Guardians+Shaper Down on a 4l! Budget To Not So Budget | 9k life | Starter Build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1957148
"
Hi,

I didnt get it, how could you use dark pact ?
https://pastebin.com/bJdQFinJ
I can't even use wither , i just summond a totem instead who cast wither but thats all

Help plz , ty

Hello there! I understand that you're really excited to play this build, so much so that you didn't really read the guide thoroughly!

Your whole main dps setup will be in this glove

As you can see, the skill 'Blight' is your channelled skill, which will cause the linked dark pact to trigger because you have a cast while channelling support gem linked to it. You currently are unable to to equip that gloves because you're level 66; it's just 3 more levels, you're almost there!

As for wither, wither is like a debuff to the enemy - You do not deal damage with it directly, but instead, you deal increased damage with blight + dark pact!

I hope that answers your question and please feel free to whisper me in game if you are still unclear, or if you need help. I will be more than willing!
"
sherkhan wrote:
Hey - I've been doing something similar. I stopped writing guides though, after bad experiences with Reddit and GGG in general, so I'm glad you wrote this one up.

A couple of suggestions:

1. Spec dodge. It's incredibly helpful for facetank range HP-VP builds. It also works well with Lunaris (also the go-to for such builds).

2. Decay + Void + Swift in the sword. Most packs will be dead before you arrive. It's not build defining - just a nice clearing perk.

3. Dual Apep is decent before you get the end-game items, but the lack of movement speed sucks.

4. Mana Gained when Hit is a nearly necessary mod to get on rings / amulet if you go MoM. The people who worry about OoM are self cast. With CWC Blight, that mod is more than sufficient.

I'm trying to figure out how to add poison to the build. I think that's the next big DPS upgrade without losing anything else.

1. I really do like your idea of speccing acro and phase acro! Itwill indeed make the Lunaris pantheon much more effective! However, I feel that getting more damage nodes seems to be the priority for me. Our whole setup is only on a pseudo 5l and therefore we are already struggling to compete with the other, much higher dps builds out there. Secondly, if you did watch the shaper video, the fight did take some time and speccing out of dps nodes is something I would feel uncomfortable about especially when I am farming shaper. With 9k hp while equipping kaom's, its pretty rare that anything will kill you. However, if you want to farm uberatziri, going phase acro is very recommended! Those sentries hit like a truck.

2. Yup! I do recommend getting dual apep's as a alternative set of weapons!

3. Mana on hit only works with the triggered darkpact, which only procs every 0.35s. I also understand that our build is really nice for MoM due to the very low mana costs. However I still think its rather unnecessary to spec into MoM due to the lesser probability of CiS proccing. I do reserve mana for haste/arctic armour, which makes MoM rather ineffective with my small pool of unreserved mana. Haste both acts and a clearspeed and damage buff, something i'll be hardpressed to give up.

4. Now that is a really cool interaction that I did not think off! I've always like the idea of actually using storm cascade kill packs with, and this works! However, I would have to drop curse on hit tempchains, as well as my haste. It's a trade off that may be even more effective than my current setup as others may even want to experiment with it. I do have to note that the storm cascade aoe seems to be nerfed this patch and I also do have trouble cursing entire packs so I would assume that there will be stragglers with your decay as well.

Anyways, you brought really great insight on the build, with tweaks that are ingenious and functional. While I may not agree entirely with your suggestions, it's more of a preference and might serve as an alternative playstyle for others.

I'll try to fit it in the main guide somehow!

Cheers
"
sherkhan wrote:

I'm trying to figure out how to add poison to the build. I think that's the next big DPS upgrade without losing anything else.

To poison you probably need to give up a weapons slot for consuming dark. Even so, it's only at 60% chance to poison. I actually did try to fit poison into the build but its just too much investment for too little

I tried a selfcast darkpact build with these two. Dps is rather similar, but felt way less satisfying to play compared to blight cwc.

There is a way to include poison at a low cost, along with low effectiveness as well.

With 5 sockets on the tree, that works out to be 25% chance to poison. If we did grab the poison cluster, fatal toxins, that would work out to be 45% total. Since poison is 20% base damage, its roughly 9% more dmg of dark pact that is also scaled by chaos dmg. Since dark pact contributes arnd 55% of total dps, it will increase total dps of the build by arnd 5%, without factoring increases in chaos dmg to poison. It might work out to be worth it, but would require lots of min-maxing - which would be quite a hassle really. Being a sloth, its definitely not worth the trouble to me.

Admittedly, it would also be much more effective on a pure darkpact build.
Last edited by lumosnoxlumo on Aug 18, 2017, 11:25:24 PM
"
axelw wrote:
doing this as 2 chars failed this league
im looking for a boss killer and the builds seens realy godd at doing :D

Thank you for giving my build a chance! I hope you're gonna be able to reach end game bosses as well as having a lot of fun with it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info