[3.0] BLIGHT PACT | Guardians+Shaper+UberAtz Down on a 4l! Budget To Not So Budget | Starter Build

"
Kurii2 wrote:

Too many embedded quotes so yea

I do agree. There are very little things in the game that can 1shot you through 9k+ hp unless its telegraphed (uber double flameblasts) or crazy map mods such as eleweakness/vul/extra ele dmg/onslaught. Most of the time its either CiS isn't procing and youre receiving a barrage of damage sources.

Your point on build adaptation is very valid and I wished more people would understand the flexibility of a build guide. However players also do wanna know the most efficient/effective gear choices without all that hassle of plucking it into PoB. One also needs to know that the potential ceiling of this build isn't very high per se, and it doesn't really make too much financial sense in min-maxing the build to such a degree. I'd sooner recommend getting 4 stat jewels than chaos rings.

Anyways, thank you for taking your time to respond to their queries, really appreciate it!

Cheers
[3.0] BLIGHT PACT | Guardians+Shaper Down on a 4l! Budget To Not So Budget | 9k life | Starter Build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1957148
Last edited by lumosnoxlumo on Oct 16, 2017, 3:11:33 PM
Truly adore this build. It allowed me to do things I have never done before (without help) in POE :)

Loved it so much I'm doing it in the 10-day race. Curious if anyone has any suggestions of what to substitute for The Rippling Thoughts.

Again, thank you so much for creating this :)
"
sinisista wrote:
Truly adore this build. It allowed me to do things I have never done before (without help) in POE :)

Loved it so much I'm doing it in the 10-day race. Curious if anyone has any suggestions of what to substitute for The Rippling Thoughts.

Again, thank you so much for creating this :)

Hmm I would go with heartbreaker or a divinarius
[3.0] BLIGHT PACT | Guardians+Shaper Down on a 4l! Budget To Not So Budget | 9k life | Starter Build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1957148
bump
current gear in mayhem

level 80, breezed through leveling after switching to allelo at lvl 69
Last edited by lumosnoxlumo on Nov 27, 2017, 5:40:29 AM
Announcement: Finally done with mayhem, this will probably be the last time this build is gonna be viable before 3.1. I will probably cease to comment or update on this build guide, so to all who have expressed interest or actually tried this build, thank you for your time! You guys really made my time spent into making this build guide really worthwhile! Ciao.
Last edited by lumosnoxlumo on Nov 30, 2017, 10:09:36 AM
Well, I've been looking forward to this build for the next league. and then apparently vaal pact and dark pact are getting nerfed.

"
Vaal Pact Keystone
Being able to leech instantly meant that many threats were completely mitigated by high-damage fast-hitting characters with minimal leech investment. Vaal Pact has been changed to no longer grant instant leech, but instead doubles your character's leech rate and maximum leech rate. This was one of the most heavily-requested nerfs in the history of Path of Exile.

The keystone is still powerful, but now really benefits from investment in leech.

"
Dark Pact
Dark Pact cast using your life no longer has bonus radius, and the damage bonus has been reduced from 95% more damage with hits and ailments when using your life to 76% more damage.

Own-life-spending Dark Pact builds were dealing too much damage over too large an area, granting an already very defensive build very high clear speeds.

Also of note:
"
Despair is a new Intelligence gem that will replace existing copies of Vulnerability. It reduces Chaos Resistance, increases Damage over Time taken, and grants added Chaos Damage to hits against cursed enemies. (This gem isn't counted as one of the ten new ones in 3.1.0).

What do? It seems DP will still be okay. And i'm curious if despair will find a home (too bad it's on hits). But Vaal Pact makes me sad. Do you think it'll be better to path through the duelist to grab additional leech?
"
Yvendros wrote:
Well, I've been looking forward to this build for the next league. and then apparently vaal pact and dark pact are getting nerfed.

"
Vaal Pact Keystone
Being able to leech instantly meant that many threats were completely mitigated by high-damage fast-hitting characters with minimal leech investment. Vaal Pact has been changed to no longer grant instant leech, but instead doubles your character's leech rate and maximum leech rate. This was one of the most heavily-requested nerfs in the history of Path of Exile.

The keystone is still powerful, but now really benefits from investment in leech.

"
Dark Pact
Dark Pact cast using your life no longer has bonus radius, and the damage bonus has been reduced from 95% more damage with hits and ailments when using your life to 76% more damage.

Own-life-spending Dark Pact builds were dealing too much damage over too large an area, granting an already very defensive build very high clear speeds.

Also of note:
"
Despair is a new Intelligence gem that will replace existing copies of Vulnerability. It reduces Chaos Resistance, increases Damage over Time taken, and grants added Chaos Damage to hits against cursed enemies. (This gem isn't counted as one of the ten new ones in 3.1.0).

What do? It seems DP will still be okay. And i'm curious if despair will find a home (too bad it's on hits). But Vaal Pact makes me sad. Do you think it'll be better to path through the duelist to grab additional leech?

Thank you for your interest!

Darkpact is extremely hard to sustain against bosses in this new revision of vaal pact. You see, dark pact removes 6% of hp per cast and this means that unless you are able to leech back 6% per cast, you definitely will not be able to sustain it. In this scenario, you are forced to take one of two paths: Investment of leech, max leech per second and vaal pact, or a combination of regen and leech. Investment in leech is primarily on the right side of the tree which means that a lot of life and dmg on the left side of the tree has to be forsaken, whereas investing in both leech and regen would prove to be rather inefficient. Besides, this is a facerolling sort of build where you have to tank and channel your skills.

Against tougher bosses such as guardians as well as shaper, you will most likely not be able to out regen/leech the damage taken. Coupled with lesser damage and aoe from the skill nerf, I can almost guarantee you that this build is not gonna be a pleasant experience.

I'm really sorry that you found this build in a sad time and I would implore you not to waste time in salvaging this build. There are other more viable builds out there. Again, thanks for your concern, really appreciate it!
ACK! And apparently they're moving VP to the Duelist's area. Darn. It's too bad I'm stubborn. I might try anyways.

It doesn't look like sans VP will work, even with regen. Maybe it'll turn into a janky Death's Oath build, CWC contagion maybe? I gotta figure out where contagion lands with CWC, on mouse or self?

Also, why doesn't life leech support work with channeling? that's bogus.

I guess it doesn't have to be blight, but I AM looking for a chaos build this time around. I'll check in if I make anything work. Thanks for all your work with this!
Any chances this will make it work again?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Gloomfang

I'm thinking probably not, but we're getting close...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info