Missing textures, item icons and black squares

Had the same issue with the graphics not showing up, just black squares, SOLVED IT: turned multi-thread off in graphic options. I have 5 laptops of different with different graphics and cpu/ram amounts. seems the older i7 intel chip is the only ones having this issue. {for me}
"
Reoga wrote:
Had the same issue with the graphics not showing up, just black squares, SOLVED IT: turned multi-thread off in graphic options. I have 5 laptops of different with different graphics and cpu/ram amounts. seems the older i7 intel chip is the only ones having this issue. {for me}

Tried that didn't work for me... sigh... :( thanks anyway
Last edited by Sale93 on Nov 26, 2017, 2:54:29 PM
This is becoming more and more unplayable. Elder guardians are killing me before the instance even loads because the game can't load textures while in a loading screen.
Omg just tryed to google this problem and i see this post sry if necroing but im having those black thingys every day.
Today i even tried a different HDD , RAM and nothing changed that its still happening as i write this now. Anyone know whats causing this?
"
Dziz wrote:
Omg just tryed to google this problem and i see this post sry if necroing but im having those black thingys every day.
Today i even tried a different HDD , RAM and nothing changed that its still happening as i write this now. Anyone know whats causing this?

I'm pretty sure its some kind of bug or poor optimization rather than pc specs but more than that i have no clue. Been bumping this thread since i posted it and still no fix or acknowledgement from ggg. I would like to think they are working on it but i dunno...

P.S can you post your PC specs here and debug screenshots? It may help identify the prob if the devs notice the post. :)
Last edited by Sale93 on Jan 9, 2018, 7:10:12 AM
"
Sale93 wrote:
"
Dziz wrote:

I'm pretty sure its some kind of bug or poor optimization rather than pc specs but more than that i have no clue. Been bumping this thread since i posted it and still no fix or acknowledgement from ggg. I would like to think they are working on it but i dunno...

P.S can you post your PC specs here and debug screenshots? It may help identify the prob if the devs notice the post. :)

CPU: AMD Athlon II x3 450 (31 Temp while in game)
GPU: GeForce 730GT 2GB DDR5 Dx12 (35 Temp while in game)
MOBO: ASROCK n68c-gs fx (39 Temp while in game)
RAM: 4GB Dual Channel DDR2
HDD: Hitachi 320GB (38 Temp while in game)
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 (Clean installed yestrday)

In game settings: Dx9ex (tried dx11 also), all other low , texures medium (edited in config from 1 to 2).

Debug is pointless.
Last edited by Dziz on Jan 9, 2018, 8:23:08 AM
"
Sale93 wrote:
"
Dziz wrote:

GGG are very unlikely to respond to you directly here; the forums are mostly player-to-player support, and a "read-only" source of bug reports for GGG. So, they will absolutely be reading this, but unless they have something specific and meaningful to contribute, the support team basically pass this back to the developers as a bug report.

One thing I'm interested in is how many people hitting this stuff are running a DX9 client rather than DX11. A whole pile of other threads have DirectX E_OUT_OF_MEMORY errors, which can happen for various reasons, including memory space fragmentation. That is much more a problem with a 32-bit app than a 64-bit app, so I'm wondering if it might be related.

These issues with things not loading, I wonder, could be what happens if PoE doesn't have an error check when it loads them (and they fail with a similar error), so instead of the assertion you get "failed" textures that just don't show up.

This is absolutely just a theory, so all I'm doing now is trying to figure out if it holds any water...
"
Dziz wrote:
In game settings: Dx9ex (tried dx11 also), all other low , texures medium (edited in config from 1 to 2).
Debug is pointless.

To confirm: you have the exact same problems with DX11 as you do with DX9?
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"
Sale93 wrote:
"
Dziz wrote:

GGG are very unlikely to respond to you directly here; the forums are mostly player-to-player support, and a "read-only" source of bug reports for GGG. So, they will absolutely be reading this, but unless they have something specific and meaningful to contribute, the support team basically pass this back to the developers as a bug report.

One thing I'm interested in is how many people hitting this stuff are running a DX9 client rather than DX11. A whole pile of other threads have DirectX E_OUT_OF_MEMORY errors, which can happen for various reasons, including memory space fragmentation. That is much more a problem with a 32-bit app than a 64-bit app, so I'm wondering if it might be related.

These issues with things not loading, I wonder, could be what happens if PoE doesn't have an error check when it loads them (and they fail with a similar error), so instead of the assertion you get "failed" textures that just don't show up.

This is absolutely just a theory, so all I'm doing now is trying to figure out if it holds any water...

Ah I see ok then, i'm kinda new to the forum so don't know much about rules and stuff.. About the DX thing i tried all the options DX9, DX9ex and DX11(even tho my card does not sup 11) but the bug persists.
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"
Dziz wrote:
Debug is pointless.

To confirm: you have the exact same problems with DX11 as you do with DX9?

Same result apart from i cant alt tab on dx11 gives errors.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info