Missing textures, item icons and black squares

"
Sale93 wrote:

Ah I see ok then, i'm kinda new to the forum so don't know much about rules and stuff.. About the DX thing i tried all the options DX9, DX9ex and DX11(even tho my card does not sup 11) but the bug persists.

No worries: the reason I explained about GGG was that it isn't clear what is gonna happen unless you know, and it isn't exactly ... IDK, documented or whatever. Like, you have no way to know until someone tells you.

Anyway, that all seems to shoot a hole in my theory that DX9 vs DX11 might be involved. I still have no idea, but at least we can eliminate that possible cause for GGG, so they don't spend time digging into it.
Its getting worse every upcoming league and i think the next and maybe the league after will be the end for the none NASA pc users. Its just sad that they go this route
Bump
Delete you config.ini in the poe mygames folder.

Sometimes it can get corrupted

Then relaunch game and deselect in UI, mini map or enemy health bars.
"
santaclauze wrote:
Delete you config.ini in the poe mygames folder.

Sometimes it can get corrupted

Then relaunch game and deselect in UI, mini map or enemy health bars.

Just tried it, did not work. :( thanks anyway
bump
It has been little over a year now since the problem started manifesting and my original post... Still no fix or solution... sigh...

Anyway, might as well mention this since I'm writing here already.
I noticed another problem and I suspect it is connected with the problems I mentioned on the first page. Whenever I start the game up, select the character and hit play I get disconnected after the game attempts to load. Then I click play again the game loads fine, (the missing textures and black squares are still there) but when I click to go to my hideout the game disconnects yet again after attempting to load.
This happens 99% of the times, always in that order: choose char > hit play> disconnect > hit play again > successful load > go to hideout > disconnect > hit play again > go to hideout again > no more disconnects. Overall two disconnects every time I start the game up, three times I need to click play. It is as if the game can't load these textures during loading screen for some reason and gets overloaded so it disconnects... Now, I am not an expert so might be wrong of course but that how it all looks to me.

By the way, I tried having to wait a bit between clicking play and going to my hideout and it seems to work and I do not get disconnected. My theory kinda makes sense when you consider this fact. Once the black squares disappear the game runs mostly fine with relatively no lags or hiccups. The missing textures come back again when starting up some maps but load and disappear in a minute or two so everything goes back to normal, kinda... HELLA ANNOYING THO.

I really hope this problem will get fixed before I grow old and die. :P

Anyway, jokes aside I will try to submit even more debug commands soon and even capture it on a video or two just in case...

Cheers
Last edited by Sale93 on Aug 13, 2018, 11:29:16 AM
"
Sale93 wrote:
It has been little over a year now since the problem started manifesting and my original post... Still no fix or solution... sigh...

Spoiler
Anyway, might as well mention this since I'm writing here already.
I noticed another problem and I suspect it is connected with the problems I mentioned on the first page. Whenever I start the game up, select the character and hit play I get disconnected after the game attempts to load. Then I click play again the game loads fine, (the missing textures and black squares are still there) but when I click to go to my hideout the game disconnects yet again after attempting to load.
This happens 99% of the times, always in that order: choose char > hit play> disconnect > hit play again > successful load > go to hideout > disconnect > hit play again > go to hideout again > no more disconnects. Overall two disconnects every time I start the game up, three times I need to click play. It is as if the game can't load these textures during loading screen for some reason and gets overloaded so it disconnects... Now, I am not an expert so might be wrong of course but that how it all looks to me.

By the way, I tried having to wait a bit between clicking play and going to my hideout and it seems to work and I do not get disconnected. My theory kinda makes sense when you consider this fact. Once the black squares disappear the game runs mostly fine with relatively no lags or hiccups. The missing textures come back again when starting up some maps but load and disappear in a minute or two so everything goes back to normal, kinda... HELLA ANNOYING THO.

I really hope this problem will get fixed before I grow old and die. :P

Anyway, jokes aside I will try to submit even more debug commands soon and even capture it on a video or two just in case...

Cheers

Add
--noasync
to the game shortcut
(like D:\Games\PathOfExile\Client.exe --noasync)

P.S. "the so-called issue" is tied to HDD, mostly
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Last edited by HarukaTeno on Aug 13, 2018, 12:55:52 PM
Add
--noasync
to the game shortcut

[/quote]Not sure what you mean. My installation is via steam. Do I rename poe shortcut in its directory? Just change its name or?
Last edited by Sale93 on Aug 13, 2018, 1:31:47 PM
"
Sale93 wrote:
Add
--noasync
to the game shortcut

Not sure what you mean. My installation is via steam. Do I rename poe shortcut in its directory? Just change its name or?[/quote]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info