Missing textures, item icons and black squares

I started experiencing these two major problems since pre 3.0 update. I think its the same bug it just manifests in different ways... Since 3.0 update whenever I start the game black squares appear instead of skill effects such as bleed, sunder, charges, etc.. This happens in the first 3 to 5 mins, then everything becomes normal again.
Another problem that I have is the missing icons for items and effects. When I open up the inventory or stash or whatever, item icons take time to appear. This started happening a bit earlier than 3.0 release, one patch before the expansion as far as I can remember. This too happens in the first couple of minutes after I start the game, although sometimes it even happens when I change instances fast.
Now i know some will tell me "Oh it must be your drivers or your potato PC". Its not. I tried reinstalling my drivers, checked file integrity on steam, reinstalled the game but nothing fixed it. My PC is quite old now and not that good by today's standards but I am 100% sure it can handle PoE just fine. In fact I can run it with max graphics (I tested it) but I personally have some effects turned down just to be safe. I have played this game for about 2 years with the same PC, same drivers and never had problem like this before.

I have taken some screenshots of these strange occurrences and will upload them below.

Black squares/missing textures:

Missing item icons:

Here are the /debug screenshots

Run it on:
Windows 10 Pro
Radeon HD 4850
Intel Core2Duo E7400 2.80 GHz
4 Gig RAM

Anyway, I hope someone can help me out, these bugs are really annoying..
Cheers,
Sale
Last edited by Sale93 on Dec 16, 2017, 7:38:53 PM
Last bumped on Sep 23, 2018, 12:29:16 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
bump
Update - Forgot to include missing icons for skill effects/charges in the top left corner of the screen.

And here is another debug screenshot just in case:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/fvv40MH.png[/img]

Sorry if i spam the bug forums I'm a bit new to the forum posts... :/
I really need help with this one though, so if anyone got any idea of what is happening here, some solutions, fixes or even acknowledgement from the bug fixers It would be much appreciated.

Cheers all
:)

Have similar problem only far worse, to the point where I see basically nothing at all. Before Fall of Oriath, my laptop handled PoE just fine, have the requirements gone up significantly or is it another problem? I would like to be able to play again...
"
Silverwolf27 wrote:
Have similar problem only far worse, to the point where I see basically nothing at all. Before Fall of Oriath, my laptop handled PoE just fine, have the requirements gone up significantly or is it another problem? I would like to be able to play again...

As far as I know the requirements are a bit higher since 3.0 but not enough so that our PCs can't handle the game... I believe the requirements are not the issue here but some kind of graphical bug...

What are your PC specs?
Last edited by Sale93 on Aug 20, 2017, 11:33:15 AM
Having the same issue but can persist even after the initial load of the screen. Had this just before 3.0 launched as well. POE has run fine for the past 3-4 years, why is it mucking up now?
One cannot help but wonder how such a lust for loot can affect a persons mind. Although these exiles appear to be our salvation, it would not take much for them to turn on us as easily as they fight gods and demons.
Well.. I have the same problem, but only with disappearing item icons in stash or in eq. But I have a PC able to run this game even in highest requirements. Maybe it's about RAM? I have 8GB, but this issues starting to me after some time. Anyway - there are many issues in this game, since last two big patches. Graphics bugs and unexpected disconnections are just daily.
"
masskillers wrote:
Having the same issue but can persist even after the initial load of the screen. Had this just before 3.0 launched as well. POE has run fine for the past 3-4 years, why is it mucking up now?

Yeah exactly, and lately its starting to manifest more often, when switching instances for example and it also lasts longer. Relief to see there are other people experiencing this, hopefully this will get fixed in the next patch..
Cheers

"
Yatori90 wrote:
Well.. I have the same problem, but only with disappearing item icons in stash or in eq. But I have a PC able to run this game even in highest requirements. Maybe it's about RAM? I have 8GB, but this issues starting to me after some time. Anyway - there are many issues in this game, since last two big patches. Graphics bugs and unexpected disconnections are just daily.

It shouldn't be RAM, you have plenty, besides PoE is not that demanding. Ye so much bugs were introduced in 3.0 lol I hope they will all get squashed in the next patch :)
Cheers mate
I have those two bugs and 2 other that I think fall under that category. Water will bug back and forth really weird when I get near it and also lights seem to have those same squares only not black but the same color as the light. Very weird...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info