[3.0] The Gatling Storm Burster - MOM-Crit-Life 1,8 Millions DPS Inquisitor

I've done some low level maps today to get the altas to 20 so far and progressing somewhat.

Damage in display is about 1k with charges now. I changed the setup for distraction - summonung zombies and skeletons on a CODT now, additional to a decoy totem and Vaal summon skelletons.

Damage is getting better, normal T5 map bosses are dealt with in the 20 seconds Vaal summon skeletons is running. Normal map clearing is no problem, I've only a problem when I get overrun from different sides - especially cold breeches or harbingers where I confuse strategy and get in the middle of it.

My thoughts on this glas cannon build:
Energy shield is useless- until you can play as clean so it can recharge before the next hit. I don't get really energy shield recharge for example at Izaro in merc laby.

Don't use things like concentrated effect - radius is damage in this build because it does only damage from overlapping, single hits are nothing for bosses.

Cast speed is important for trash clearing to lay a denser carpet of orbs - you want magic packs to explode with 1 burst from the machine gun (the feeling of the build: brrrrt - brrrrrt - brrrrrt ).

Boss damage depends much on your skill to time the right burst length, depending on distance.

Manage your power charges and diamond flask charges at bosses, both falling off is a massive damage and leech loss.

Overall boss damage is enough for T5 bosses now, but nothing really special.

I need better equipment...
Hey Llyrain!

Your feedback is very valuable!

Agree with almost everything, and yes we need better gear.
But a 5l carcass is the first improvement you should make in my opinion.

I'm actually mapping with a Call of the Brotherhood and non using elemental focus, I like see them shattering ;)

I'm using concentrated effect, and not suffering too much aoe loss (I have the carcass jack)

Using Kaoms roots for.life and no room for a.decoy setup, unfortunately..

Lastly, cast speed seems to be one of the most important factor in order to deal highest damage possible, not only to mobs:
More cast speed=more proj/sec=more overlapping explosion/cast

For breaches I must say this build is very very strong.
Just got in a T5 map an ul-netol breach with boss spawning: owned it! Got 12 splinters just from the boss :)
Last edited by Effe86 on Aug 24, 2017, 5:53:18 AM
"
HunterMoon wrote:
"

What's your HP+ES pool? as i said your gear can be improved, especially in the life roll (which are bad..).

A pair of Winds of Change can be helpful for both increased proj damage and speed.
Also i'm considering prefering Pious Path as ascendancy, for the 25%more cast speed

Life=> 4.2K

ES=> 1.2K

Unreserved Mana=> 1.2K (I have MOM)

Damage from projectile explosion =>23K

If i swap to Winds of Charge i loose 75 Mana, 122 ES, but i gain about 1K DPS for explosions. And Life and resist will stay unchanged. I don't know is that worth it or not?

Anyway what is maximum hp you can get in this build, i think as a glass canon you can't go far, so you have to play carefully, may party with a tank or necromancer to fight booses (as i'm doing for now :D)

Hello!
You stats are decent! Especially the unreserved mana which is huge!
Life is not good enough I'd say..try to focus on HP rather than on ES..

Build can reach 6k life with good gear + ES

Winds of Change are very good also for the project speed!

Try using a decoy set up like decoy totem or zombie/skeletons
"
Hey Llyrain!

Playing SSF it depends on luck - I hope a usable unique armor is rolling before my feet, I'm starting to save fusings at the moment.
This one was a lucky naked 5link somewhere in Act 6, + an alch orb. Improved it with life before wasting a couple of additional chaos orbs.

I haven't seen an unique body armor so far this season - only something like

(can add life)
The game wants me sword & board somehow...

or even

This would be a usable body armor for this build, too:

The blood magic prevents mana problems during getting heavy damage via MOM, and it has a nice damage boost, too. Especially when using wands and jewels with much spell damage.
Last edited by Llyrain on Aug 24, 2017, 7:18:05 AM
"
Llyrain wrote:
"
Hey Llyrain!

Playing SSF it depends on luck - I hope a usable unique armor is rolling before my feet, I'm starting to save fusings at the moment.
This one was a lucky naked 5link somewhere in Act 6, + an alch orb. Improved it with life before wasting a couple of additional chaos orbs.

I haven't seen an unique body armor so far this season - only something like

(can add life)
The game wants me sword & board somehow...

or even

This would be a usable body armor for this build, too:

The blood magic prevents mana problems during getting heavy damage via MOM, and it has a nice damage boost, too. Especially when using wands and jewels with much spell damage.

Oh, so you are in the SSF.
Well I strongly suggest you to farm for the divination card "The Scavenger". A full stack of 8 cards can be exchanged for a Carcass Jack ;)

And yes, save your fusing for linking the carcass :)
Last edited by Effe86 on Aug 24, 2017, 8:45:52 AM
Merciless 100 foot shadow doesn't exist anymore - and the map bosses are a bit unfarmable in SSF - you need the maps first. Droprate is low, anyhow, how many maps do you need for 1 fragment, 10 or 20 ?

I haven't seen this card so far.
"
Llyrain wrote:
Merciless 100 foot shadow doesn't exist anymore - and the map bosses are a bit unfarmable in SSF - you need the maps first. Droprate is low, anyhow, how many maps do you need for 1 fragment, 10 or 20 ?

I haven't seen this card so far.

Boss is in a T3, not so hard..
You can farm the related T1-2 map until you get enough Channel Maps.

Not sure about the drop rate..got 1 in 6-7 map runs..bought the remaining 7
"

Well this Winds of Change is really awesome, nice projectile speed and damage.

Currently i'm running tier 11-12 maps for XP and skipping Boss. Decoy totem doesn't do anything against boos.

Another problem is reflect when your projectile explode. I got soul of Yugul and its a little bit better for now.
"
HunterMoon wrote:
"

Well this Winds of Change is really awesome, nice projectile speed and damage.

Currently i'm running tier 11-12 maps for XP and skipping Boss. Decoy totem doesn't do anything against boos.

Another problem is reflect when your projectile explode. I got soul of Yugul and its a little bit better for now.

This can help you for the reflected damage taken.

You can try Vaal Summon Skeletons with inc minion life/resit
Or a spell totem + summon skeletons

Actually i don't have rooms in my gear for a decoy testing..
Last edited by Effe86 on Aug 24, 2017, 12:57:03 PM
Is there a shadow tree for this build? Thanks :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info