[3.0] The Gatling Storm Burster - MOM-Crit-Life 1,8 Millions DPS Inquisitor

"
Derpy_Mudkip wrote:
Hello there. I've been following your guide and am really enjoying the build. I've only got as far as level 47ish. I was wondering the purpose of lightning trap?

Thanks

Hello! Thank you for your feedback!
It is Vaal Lightning Trap. I've just corrected it in the guid. Thank you :)
I can clean the map t15 with your build but i have a lot problem for survivre against the physical damage boss as Ambrius without block or dodge. You have success to kill a guardian with this build?
"
I can clean the map t15 with your build but i have a lot problem for survivre against the physical damage boss as Ambrius without block or dodge. You have success to kill a guardian with this build?

When "playing better to not get hit" don't work a thing I've done last season: Cut back a little bit in damage and even life, and get about 6-8 zombie life nodes. Add zombies of cause, and additional a "summon skeleton" for a CODT gem. Add the distraction totem.

Combine Zombie with increased life / resistances, optimal in a +2 helmet.

The zombies will distract a lot and survive most map bosses for some time - time to fire and recharge of energy shield as emergency buffer.

This is generic for all typical sorcerer glass cannon builds since zombie life nodes can be integrated in pathing without taking additional nodes.
"

Hello!
Thank you for your feedback!

Unfortunately i'm still levelling and i've not reached end-game content yet. I usually play for 30-60 minutes/day and till now on a very bad machine..

Chaos/Dot are the worst things for this build. For physycal damage, i guess you can just improve the HP on your gear and reach a decent amount of HP. Using pots like rumi's is pointless. Just try to kite hard phys hitting bosses
Alternatibely a decoying technique can be the best solution till now as suggested by Llyrain. Bu i'd not wast points in minion life..

I've just respec the MOM cluster.
MOM requires high available mana which mean an high investment in mana nodes and reduced reserved mana nodes. using a 50% aura + an Herald -> means that every hit will totally dry your mana, making you unable to cast and more likely to die.
Those 4 points can be spent in +2 jewel slot or +1 jewel and 2 life/chaos res nodes

Alternatively a vaal clarity is mandatory. but very unreliable in my opinion

Will update the guide in a couple of days max
I had tested the technique decoy totem for the guardians, my inquisitor is just lvl 88 and i think at lvl 90 i could kill a guardian.
For the boss fight T15+ i change my link gems for orb of storm: Warlord's Mark + Increased Duration + Curse on hit Support
Hi Ombre,

Glad to hear it seems working.

If you rebuild anyhow, i'd suggest you remove the herald and go blasphemy-curse and keep POC on your orb of storms. So you can use an elemental focus support, which delivers more damage than the added lightning support and the herald together. Shock doesn't really matter at T15 bosses+ in my opinion.

I'm using this orb setup at the moment:
Thanks both of you for your feedback, suggestions and experience provided!

Blasphemy set-up was discarded for the high mana reserved, but I can test it again discarding Heralds.

My actual setup is a bad one, but still running with a 4l..
What's your tool tip DPS? Mine is still sitting at 600 DPS and sometimes I struggle at killing mid-low bosses (still lvl 80)

Ombre are you generating power charges in a different way (Jaws of Agony) against bosses?
I'm only at the beginning of maps, slow leveling. They buffed the life of bosses a lot I've heard so no comparing to before 3.0.

The Kitara fight was difficult for me, for not having enough movement skill standing always in the middle of fire, claws .... has nothing to to with the build. A mana potion is mandantory, drink it the same time as the life potions.

Mapping the first maps is more easy, first Zana quests, too. I still struggle a bit playing glas cannon- was playing an aegis tank last season.

Storm burst at bosses is kind of a melee skill - otherwise your damage goes down a lot. I'm considering switching gems for bosses - this is a generic crit lightning build anyway that can just be plugged in with any lighting gem.
At least i must admit this build is very very good for breaches, but some boss fight are very hard.
But i must consider my equip is very bad.

Maybe a pair of Winds of Change will improve the quality of the fights, as you can keep the distance considered the increased proj speed
@SongokuSSj5

Hi, i just started game with patch 3.0 release so i'm new with bosses and maps. I'm following your build for now, (MOM) version. It has very good DPS but not much sustain and i have alot of trouble in boss fights. If you have time can you take a look at my char and say me your considerations.

Thanks alot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info