[3.0] Skeleton Mage build. 7 aura necromancer can both solo endgame maps and support party play

Is it possible to make a non-7 aura necro version of the build? Like one using a Skin or using Vic's shield?

"
Borschty wrote:
Is it possible to make a non-7 aura necro version of the build? Like one using a Skin or using Vic's shield?

I would just like to note that just because the 7 aura version is somewhat geared to occasional party play you can still effectively solo content. If you don't want to make the aura spec a skin of the loyal would be a good option.

I would still rather use queen's decree over Victario's Charity and use two 6 link minions, one being skeletons and the other being spectres or zombies.

I just feel like when I'm playing this build I constantly recast my skeletons as to better position them or when they die. The charges don't seem that great as you keep having to build them up only to lose them a few moments later. Your skeletons act like totems and don't move pack to pack so you will need to recast them and lose charges.Also during boss fights you need to recast them to keep a constant stream of dps.

Last edited by KTMetis on Aug 15, 2017, 4:13:40 AM
"
AgentHempz wrote:
hey sorry one last question. My friend gave me a pledge of hands and it is has 5 links. SHould I use that instead of a 5 link queen's decree. I don't think I will ever be able to get a 6 link and with pledge of hands it gives you a free spell echo and you have that in your build.

Well if you are getting one for free then yea go ahead and use the pledge of hands. If you weren't getting it for free and were aquiring currency, the chaos would be better spent on to dust jewels in my opinion.
Last edited by KTMetis on Aug 15, 2017, 5:33:42 AM
"
KTMetis wrote:
"
AgentHempz wrote:
hey sorry one last question. My friend gave me a pledge of hands and it is has 5 links. SHould I use that instead of a 5 link queen's decree. I don't think I will ever be able to get a 6 link and with pledge of hands it gives you a free spell echo and you have that in your build.

Well if you are getting one for free then yea go ahead and use the pledge of hands. If you weren't getting it for free and were aquiring currency, the chaos would be better spent on to dust jewels in my opinion.

Thank you for response. It turns out I will be using pledge no matter what. It seems like I can't find any to dust jewels. I try to look for them on poe trade but they have different stats.
Are you playing in Standard or Harbinger league. Other people have been telling me that the skeleton jewels are bugged right now in standard. GGG will probably fix it soon.
Anyone tried shaper yet with it? Works?
"
KTMetis wrote:
"
Borschty wrote:

I would just like to note that just because the 7 aura version is somewhat geared to occasional party play you can still effectively solo content. If you don't want to make the aura spec a skin of the loyal would be a good option.

I would still rather use queen's decree over Victario's Charity and use two 6 link minions, one being skeletons and the other being spectres or zombies.

I just feel like when I'm playing this build I constantly recast my skeletons as to better position them or when they die. The charges don't seem that great as you keep having to build them up only to lose them a few moments later. Your skeletons act like totems and don't move pack to pack so you will need to recast them and lose charges.Also during boss fights you need to recast them to keep a constant stream of dps.

Issue for me is that compared to skin, where 6 links are guaranteed (Albeit not the right sockets time to time) I've yet to be able to roll 6 links onto my Decree. With my current build (before I found your build) I'm able to deal with uber iz and norm atziri (Havent tried uber) but once I deal with T12+ bosses its a struggle.

If I was going to use Vict; my Main-hand would most likely be Severed in Sleep Cutlass or Scourge.

In regards to the tree; If I were to convert into your build at the moment, what would you suggest I should do? Since going into MoM,Zealot and bat don't seam to be a good option for me at the moment

(Since my build is hybrid ES and Life) Totaling at 8k EHP
Last edited by Borschty on Aug 15, 2017, 11:10:09 AM
Yo, first of all, thank you for your build, it is incredibly fun to play and i find it competitive with srs for leveling so that's very good (bored of srs-leveling lol).

Btw, i'm mostly playing alone, and i was thinking about making a mix with a zombie-baron-montregul build, so i was wondering : are the auras that useful for the skeletons mage ? Or can i drop them and only play with the clarity one for the proc of the ascendancy, or maybe with some more defensive skill like arctic armour. I want to have the skeletons for map clearing and the zombies for boss destroying.

Maybe playing with a support shield or someting more offensive, and finding an other armor.
Do you guys think that may work well or am i going into a wall ?
"
Nedranarion wrote:
Yo, first of all, thank you for your build, it is incredibly fun to play and i find it competitive with srs for leveling so that's very good (bored of srs-leveling lol).

Btw, i'm mostly playing alone, and i was thinking about making a mix with a zombie-baron-montregul build, so i was wondering : are the auras that useful for the skeletons mage ? Or can i drop them and only play with the clarity one for the proc of the ascendancy, or maybe with some more defensive skill like arctic armour. I want to have the skeletons for map clearing and the zombies for boss destroying.

Maybe playing with a support shield or someting more offensive, and finding an other armor.
Do you guys think that may work well or am i going into a wall ?

The purity auras really help out with dangerous map mods like the added cold/fire/lightning damage to mobs. It makes your skeletons last a bit longer and clear a bit faster in higher maps where most mobs will wreck your skeletons due to low base life. Haste and Anger are considerable damage boosts since we pick up most of the aura nodes on the tree. Wrath you can do away with if you want room for arctic armour or something else more personal.

I am sure you could make a zombie-baron variant but the skill tree would look completely different than the one I made. You need to be careful in that if you are scaling your str for the baron, note that your skeleton mages will not get the str damage buff as they are casters. Also, if you don't run auras, and don't use queen's decree, you won't be able to use as many To dust jewels as the build states and your skeleton mages won't be as buffed as in the build. However, using To dusts can be taxing as you are trying to maximize str for the baron to be useful.

Therefore you would need to scale your skeleton mages and your zombies in two different ways, which could be a character strain, you only have so few skill points.

If you want a more hybrid damage variant I think it would be better to instead try to use and scale caster spectres instead of zombies as it synergizes more with skeleton mages.
Last edited by KTMetis on Aug 15, 2017, 1:55:15 PM
"
Borschty wrote:
"
KTMetis wrote:
"
Borschty wrote:

Issue for me is that compared to skin, where 6 links are guaranteed (Albeit not the right sockets time to time) I've yet to be able to roll 6 links onto my Decree. With my current build (before I found your build) I'm able to deal with uber iz and norm atziri (Havent tried uber) but once I deal with T12+ bosses its a struggle.

If I was going to use Vict; my Main-hand would most likely be Severed in Sleep Cutlass or Scourge.

In regards to the tree; If I were to convert into your build at the moment, what would you suggest I should do? Since going into MoM,Zealot and bat don't seam to be a good option for me at the moment

(Since my build is hybrid ES and Life) Totaling at 8k EHP

If you are unable to get zealots oath and eldritch battery right now you could still get the aura nodes and run clarity and some of the auras. I would still run haste and anger in your position.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info