[3.0] Skeleton Mage build. 7 aura necromancer can both solo endgame maps and support party play

"
Karnivool wrote:
Is there any reason that you dont use GMP instead of LMP?

I find that LMP will clear entire packs anyways so GMP isn't neccesary.

Also, since LMP has a lower damage penalty, I will clear bosses faster. Plus I do not like gem swapping during boss fights and I feel like I would need to if I used GMP.
8/13/2017 7:45 P.M. Update

- edited some grammar
- Updated Ascendancy guide
- Updated Skill tree
- Added Necromancer Image
- Fixed Path of Building link
- Alternative Items added

To-Do List
- Week 2 Videos
Last edited by KTMetis on Aug 13, 2017, 10:47:25 PM
I fell in love with this build

Any suggestions on how leveling passive tree?

ty :D
Why are the to dust jewels so expensive?? Are they being used in different builds?
"
ThaCousin wrote:
I fell in love with this build

Any suggestions on how leveling passive tree?

ty :D

Glad you like it.

For leveling, I would suggest pathing towards Eldritch Battery and Zealot's oath first. Should plan on getting both of them when you get to act 4 and get stone golem. Minions sorta carry themselves pretty well without early skill tree investment. I don't know much else to say that I haven't already put in the leveling guide and said in my other comment. It shouldn't be a problem leveling since minions are pretty good right now.

If you have issues with stat requirements you can get the +30 dex or str node along the way to eldritch battery.

If you have issues with dying a lot then grab a point or two more in life nodes along the way, plus you get some pathing in that direction anyways.
Last edited by KTMetis on Aug 14, 2017, 5:32:03 AM
"
RaPsKa wrote:
Why are the to dust jewels so expensive?? Are they being used in different builds?

Skeleton mages are somewhat popular right now. Plus the jewels themselves are pretty rare drops.
Which 5 of the gems are most important for body armour and weapon? The 6L and 6S are a bit out of my price range right now.
I've been doing something like this, but with a from dust jewel. Six skeletons per spell echo cast who also echo their casts is pretty nice, and the cooldown is irrelevant.
"
Expo86 wrote:
Which 5 of the gems are most important for body armour and weapon? The 6L and 6S are a bit out of my price range right now.

Ah that's my fault I forgot to put in the 5 link variant.

You will want to run:
Skeleton - lmp - pierce - spell echo - minion damage
if you have a 5 link

for the chestpiece if you really only have a 5 socket I would just pick two out of the three Purities to run.
"
Aklyon wrote:
I've been doing something like this, but with a from dust jewel. Six skeletons per spell echo cast who also echo their casts is pretty nice, and the cooldown is irrelevant.

Sounds great. I'll add it to the alternative build options crediting you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info