[3.0] Skeleton Mage build. 7 aura necromancer can both solo endgame maps and support party play

I fell in love with your build the moment i watched the Build of the Week video, good job for getting recognised :)

Was just wondering why you had to take so much strength in your gear from your PoB.
Hey there,

first of all great job with this guide! It is very well written and the build itself is really enjoyable!

Anyway, I am running this build at level 83 currently. I was thinking of upgrading my Animated Guardian next for the IIR and Culling Strike. Although It has not died yet, I would of course upgrade his chest armor at the same time to provide him more survivability, especially after investing some mediocre expensive items in him. In your guide section you wrote:
"
I have no issue keeping it alive through most of the endgame content. The areas that are dangerous I simply de-summon it.

Since I returned from a longer break of POE and also never ran an animated guardian yet, I wanted to ask if you (or any other players of this or similar build) could give some hints, which maps/bosses/situation are quite dangerous for an animated guardian. Most of the content I will reach soon is somewhat new to me.

Thanks again :-)
- Ueberwitch
"
Lucidi wrote:
I fell in love with your build the moment i watched the Build of the Week video, good job for getting recognised :)

Was just wondering why you had to take so much strength in your gear from your PoB.

I stopped playing this build now but it was fun. Strength to use gems/gear and any extra strength just adds to life.
"
Uebermutter wrote:
Spoiler
Hey there,

first of all great job with this guide! It is very well written and the build itself is really enjoyable!

Anyway, I am running this build at level 83 currently. I was thinking of upgrading my Animated Guardian next for the IIR and Culling Strike. Although It has not died yet, I would of course upgrade his chest armor at the same time to provide him more survivability, especially after investing some mediocre expensive items in him. In your guide section you wrote:
"
I have no issue keeping it alive through most of the endgame content. The areas that are dangerous I simply de-summon it.

Since I returned from a longer break of POE and also never ran an animated guardian yet, I wanted to ask if you (or any other players of this or similar build) could give some hints, which maps/bosses/situation are quite dangerous for an animated guardian. Most of the content I will reach soon is somewhat new to me.

Thanks again :-)
- Ueberwitch

In my experience the one that kills my guardian are those breach mobs, and it only happens when i forgot to respawn after i died. Most of the time, the guardian can tank very well. If you think the mobs or boss are hitting your guardian (you can see it's hp bar keep decreasing) you can just desummon it by removing the gem from your gear.

"
scyllalice wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks for such a nice build and I am lv87 now :D

I feel this build is a bit squishy for high tier maps and I have been one shot more than once when I played with my friends. My gears are not that good and I have only 4400hp + 800es + cap res

So what's your idea about using proximity shield spectres instead of vaal haste ?

I find it good to keep me safe when linked to increase duration and improve aoe.

How do you overcome the squish problem?
And what's your ideas to use curse / curse aura in this build?

I can't see your character build, but have you really follow the flask recommended? basalt and quartz? also instant life flask. Most of the mobs are targeting your minions and if they hit you probably you're in the wrong position, you need to keep moving, also use the quartz and basalt flask when the boss or mobs is about to hit some damage.
A bit off topic, but may I ask what loot filter you are using in your gameplay videos?

Also, what am I lacking when Map Bosses and Breaches kill my Zombies and skele's or is that normal sometimes?
Last edited by Jessix on Sep 28, 2017, 12:35:42 PM
"
Jessix wrote:
A bit off topic, but may I ask what loot filter you are using in your gameplay videos?

Also, what am I lacking when Map Bosses and Breaches kill my Zombies and skele's or is that normal sometimes?

Besides a 6L sword and 6S armour. You only have 1 To Dust jewel. I would have grabbed the jewel slots before all those life nodes. So get yourself in some beachhead maps and level up to get them.
Last edited by Artwebb1986 on Sep 28, 2017, 7:22:21 PM
Even with Queen's escape and all +1 skeleton on passive tree i have only 9 skeleton :/
Have to wear Bones of Ullr to get 10.
So, how do u get ur 10 ?
"
Artwebb1986 wrote:
"
Jessix wrote:

Besides a 6L sword and 6S armour. You only have 1 To Dust jewel. I would have grabbed the jewel slots before all those life nodes. So get yourself in some beachhead maps and level up to get them.

Okay, I will respec some points and see. The reason I went for life nodes is because I am getting one shot by things sometimes, so I felt I needed more health. I still dont have enough to say survive a jump from Izaro in Lab
Hi, i'm leveling a character with this build, i'm lvl 84. I couldn't get 2 red slots on the armour, i got 3 blue, 1 red and 2 green, so i'm using purity of elements on that gap, what do you think about that?

Another question, why clarity? I got a 5% reduced mana reserved bone helmet, so i got much more mana, unfortunately, not enought to get another 25% aura on this slot.

Does spell damage apply to mages? If it does, elemental equilibrium works good?

Last edited by Druidgwind on Sep 29, 2017, 3:14:38 PM
"
tinugae wrote:
Even with Queen's escape and all +1 skeleton on passive tree i have only 9 skeleton :/
Have to wear Bones of Ullr to get 10.
So, how do u get ur 10 ?

Let us look at your character. But you are missing a skill point then if you cant have 10.

"
Druidgwind wrote:
Hi, i'm leveling a character with this build, i'm lvl 84. I couldn't get 2 red slots on the armour, i got 3 blue, 1 red and 2 green, so i'm using purity of elements on that gap, what do you think about that?

Another question, why clarity? I got a 5% reduced mana reserved bone helmet, so i got much more mana, unfortunately, not enought to get another 25% aura on this slot.

Does spell damage apply to mages? If it does, elemental equilibrium works good?

Clarity to use up the mana and give us a 7th aura to boost the damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info