[3.0] Skeleton Mage build. 7 aura necromancer can both solo endgame maps and support party play

So I have everything for this build but I can't use all the auras socketed into vitarios influence. Are the auras just used situationally? Because all of them can't be used at the same time for me. Sorry I'm kind of a noob
"
wizerder wrote:
So I have everything for this build but I can't use all the auras socketed into vitarios influence. Are the auras just used situationally? Because all of them can't be used at the same time for me. Sorry I'm kind of a noob

Well you need to unblock your characters so we can look. But you missed a skill points for mana reservation so check over the skill tree and see where you missed it.
sorry haha I unblocked it and yeah ill take a look at my passives
"
wizerder wrote:
sorry haha I unblocked it and yeah ill take a look at my passives

Yah you didnt follow the skill tree at all, you are missing the mana reserve by leadership and vaal pact. And you wasted so many points going the top route for some reason over to faith and steel ? And you have 2 +30dex nodes still. You really should get the sword too since Pledge of Hands is pretty shitty.
Last edited by Artwebb1986 on Sep 24, 2017, 8:45:22 PM
Why can't I run the 7 auras?
This is my profile:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MrPew/characters

Is everything fine?

Last edited by MrPew on Sep 25, 2017, 7:20:45 AM
"
MrPew wrote:
Why can't I run the 7 auras?
This is my profile:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MrPew/characters

Is everything fine?

You haven't gotten all the mana reservation nodes yet. You are missing the 12% or whatever is it by vaal pact.
Sir which one is better to have? Controlled Destruction or Elemental Support for the Skeleton Mages?

"
KTMetis wrote:
"
taychuur wrote:
Hi,

i am playing your build and compared yours (with all the equipment) to mine. Its all fine except ONE thing: Path of building shows in Calcs: under attack/cast rate 4.02/s with MH base at 1.24378
my skellie mages have an base of 0.5128

i included 6 to dust jewels too but have no idea how u got a much higer base attack rate with your mages.

Second:

I am not so sure if the gem links with summon skeleltons yor aur using are the maybe best. How about using "Damage on full life support" and "Elemental focus" or "controlled destruction" ?
According to POB that could be higher damge, what u think of it ?

Thanks in advance

Regarding the To Dust jewels, someone mentioned that to me as well. My character is like yours where the cast rate is different in path of building than in game. Please send a support ticket to inform GGG about it. I sent one but it helps if more people do so. I am not sure if it is just a visual tooltip error and the cast speed is added or if the cast speed is just bugged. I hope they fix it either way.

And I talked about gem links in the gem section in the build. My gem links are

Skeleton - spell echo - minion damage - lmp - Pierce - Elemental focus

You can see this in both Path of Building and in the current Item section.

I said in the gem and links section that Elemental focus would be better. I just used added cold because of socket coloring issues. What did you want to replace in my gem links? Please elaborate more because you did not say what you think should be replaced and I am assuming you mean replacing added cold. Since Spell echo effects your cast speed and the skeletons it makes your 10 skeleton uptime faster while increasing damage. LMP and Pierce Makes sure you actually hit the entire pack. And minion damage gives similar DPS with no drawbacks or situational bonuses.

I don't understand why people keep bringing this up when I already explained that yes there are better options but you are limited by socket colors if you don't have enough currency.I am not talking about you specifically but I get a lot of in game messages and whispers on the forum asking about these things when I put it in the guide already. I feel like people just glance at the links suggestion and don't actually look at my explanation or actual gear.

I apologise for being rude, I just felt the need to say this due to how often it is brought up to me.
No to conditional challenges on top of RNG pure luck mechanics.
I can only summon up to 9 skeletons, where can I find the last one?
"
MrPew wrote:
I can only summon up to 9 skeletons, where can I find the last one?

you haven't take Gravepact node
Thanks for such a nice build and I am lv87 now :D

I feel this build is a bit squishy for high tier maps and I have been one shot more than once when I played with my friends. My gears are not that good and I have only 4400hp + 800es + cap res

So what's your idea about using proximity shield spectres instead of vaal haste ?

I find it good to keep me safe when linked to increase duration and improve aoe.

How do you overcome the squish problem?
And what's your ideas to use curse / curse aura in this build?
Last edited by scyllalice on Sep 26, 2017, 3:17:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info