[3.0] Skeleton Mage build. 7 aura necromancer can both solo endgame maps and support party play

Hi,

why you use in your skill tree the branch with attack speed (from Harrier to socket). Isnt better branch with mana (near Eldritch Battery is sockted too). More mana = more survive with Mind over matter, right?

I miss something?
"
DrSmrt wrote:
Hi,

why you use in your skill tree the branch with attack speed (from Harrier to socket). Isnt better branch with mana (near Eldritch Battery is sockted too). More mana = more survive with Mind over matter, right?

I miss something?

Max mana stats don't really help much because you're reserving almost all of your normal mana as a percentage to run your auras. You cast your spells using Eldrich Battery combined with life regen (mostly from your stone golem) and Zealots Oath. The attack speed helps a bit if you're using leap slam for mobility.
Hello i just bought a 6S 5L corrupted victario is it gonna be ok for the links? I think its red-red-blue-blue-green green

Also is it better to use a corrupted summon skeleton over normal one?

Thanks for the answers :)
Last edited by Kingtichat on Oct 5, 2017, 9:07:14 PM
You'r armor doesn't have 6 link , how can it works and run 6 auras? i don't need to have 6 links?... thanks for your help guys.
Thanks a lot for this build guide. Has been enjoying a lot using your guide. This is by far the character with the least amount of deaths so far ;). Defeated Arakaali within less than 1 min yesterday :)

I have a question: Can I use this
while waiting for enough currency (my 1st character in Harbinger, so still kinda broke) to buy To Dust Cobalt Jewel?

Thanks in advance!
@Kingtichat

Having a corrupt Victario's is fine as long as the socket colors are correct for the build. It does make playing around with the aura setup a bit annoying (if you want to swap in different auras for playing in a party) but it's not an issue if you're playing mostly solo and doing the build normally.

If by "corrupted summon skeletons" you mean the Vaal version, no. Vaal skills have a soul requirement for using them which makes them very hard to sustain while mapping in the endgame. It is however really powerful for clearing the early parts of the game if you save your charge for the boss. You use it with flesh offering and it will basically melt any boss that doesn't have phases. (With the extra duration from Queens Decree it will even do well on some phased bosses because your skeletons will last nearly a minute.)

@jordan02

Victario's reduces the mana reservation of any aura socketed into it by 30%. That reduction combined with the reduction from your passives makes it so you can run multiple auras at less than 60% of their normal cost.

@TyploXion

I used that jewel REALLY early on while leveling and I liked it. It makes the early levels before you have your Queen's Decree/Escape a bit nicer because your zombies smash more. Once you actually do get your decree you'll probably want to drop it to slot in your first Dead Reckoning.

I hope OP doesn't mind that I keep answering questions like this lol... I'm also doing this build so I keep coming back to the thread every so often to make sure I'm doing my tree right.
So it is totally fine if victario is 5 link or 6 link?
Last edited by Kingtichat on Oct 6, 2017, 12:32:22 PM
Victario can be 0L for all it matters.
"
Kingtichat wrote:
So it is totally fine if victario is 5 link or 6 link?

You need a 6 socket Victario .. links not needed.
My Gear isnt the best but i love this build so far makes alot of fun thx
Note: That Vaal Skeleton Gem is just for fun ^^ had not luck socketing my gloves right for the LeapSlam combo ^^ anyway the skeletons block a bit the enemys :D

Last edited by ogogo on Oct 7, 2017, 7:25:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info