Why am I already bored, anyone else?

Maybe on your next character enjoy the journey rather than rushing to your destination.
"
danteafk wrote:
Was super stocked for the 3.0 release, got out about 10 builds in Path of Building that I wanted to try.

Leveling process was super fun, I like the new content, leveled two chars to 89 and 90 in Harbinger HC and now I'm kinda done. It's all the same, as soon a we get to mapping it's super boring. The league mechanics are totally boring, no challenge at all - nothing to do.

Anyone else?

Yeah...same here.
The new 3.0 content was of very high quality and very entertaining. I swear I listened to every single line of dialogue. It was / is awesome!

But the harbinger league... wow. That is the definition of boredom.
Every third or fourth map (after today´s patch...) a blueman-group which drops alteration shards. And that´s the league? I depply regret I built my new character not in standard where I have all that beautiful gear already. What a letdown. And the "new changes" for harbinger are nothing but a joke.
time to try another game
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383
I have only casually reached level 73 and I am finding my interest waning, whereas I was going hard even at the end of Legacy.

Honestly, I am not entirely sure why. I even had a high dps 2-hander drop for my build super early.......maybe that's part of the issue, not chasing a weapon upgrade from about act 8 to end game......?
"
Saltygames wrote:
time to try another game

I hear Wolcen is pretty cool
I dont see any any key!
"
danteafk wrote:
Was super stocked for the 3.0 release, got out about 10 builds in Path of Building that I wanted to try.

Leveling process was super fun, I like the new content, leveled two chars to 89 and 90 in Harbinger HC and now I'm kinda done. It's all the same, as soon a we get to mapping it's super boring. The league mechanics are totally boring, no challenge at all - nothing to do.

Anyone else?

After the leveling process there is extremely little mechanical change to the game. While in previous leagues there were many build-defining uniques and newly released skills were mostly strong and unique, neither is true in this league.

There really aren't ANY build-defining uniques that offer new ways to play the game or interact with skills that are strong enough to beat what already exists (or even compete well with it in many cases). Dark pact is strong, but its gameplay style is basically the same as every other self-cast vaal pact skill once you overcome the hp deficit (the skelly versions are strong in a different way but not great for general clearing).

Charged dash and storm burst are apparently weak, or at best not strong enough to compete with builds people are already playing.

The result of all of the above is that what people are doing when they pass the leveling process is almost identical to what they were doing in the last 2-3 leagues. The Baron helmet is 200c and rising on HC, Sunder is still Sunder, everyone who can possibly equip it still uses shield charge... so on so on. They made a tonne of mechanical changes to dots and so on that were absolutely needed, but most of it doesn't change the actual gameplay and player interaction with skills in a meaningful way. It changes the types of builds that are strong and weak, and we have life/mom stronger than CI, but still.. there is a huge amount of same-same feeling which to me is truly astounding.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1835899

Look at the "recently released uniques list".. it is so disappointing this time around. Even the theoretical pinnacles, the harbinger drop created items, are basically an uninteractive buff that you can't build around (since their uptime is only 50%). Speaker's wreath is a complete dog-turd compared to the baron. 4 of the items directly interact with attack-based poison, which almost nobody is playing in any way, shape or form. Soul tether, the belt people were raving about as the savior of hybrids.. only the real hybrid is life and mana, because lolmom (and the adjoining 200c cloak of defiance). An elemental 2h axe, which isn't as strong as the physical versions that already exist, is harder to build around, and leaves you prone to reflect deaths because lolimmortalcall.

I could go on, but I think the point is proven. There is no blade flurry, no baron, no abberath's, no xoph's. It seems like they were absolutely petrified to release anything that might be stronger than what already exists. Maybe some of the new uniques haven't been explored in their full right yet, but nothing so far is standing out as anything more than niche or parallel to what already exists.

"
Arrowneous wrote:
I'd say your bored because you are just racing through to 90 in < 1 week and then all that is left is the boring grind, grind, grind from endless maps to eek out XP on the repetitious road to level 100. Sucking the enjoyment out of FoO that fast is going to make continued playing boring unless you are a build fanatic and like trying dozens of new builds every 3 months.

"
Chalk_Circles wrote:
Maybe on your next character enjoy the journey rather than rushing to your destination.

Replies like this are so utterly asinine and moronic, it's hard to believe the people that make them think at all before they do. Your answer to being bored with a game is to play it slower than you already do, and that will somehow make it more engaging or challenging?

The gameplay from act 1 to 10 is over in a day for anyone who plays PoE a lot, and doing it over a week won't change the longevity of its enjoyment more than a drop in the bucket. 99% of a character's lifespan is spent in maps, where there have been insignificant changes in 3.0.

The amount of time people spend in end game grinding over leveling is not significantly different in the history of the game; it's never taken long to get to a point where you grind (whether in fellshrine, docks, dried lake, or maps). The rate at which people are burning out on a new league seems to be decreasing every league regardless of this fact. In theory, right now should be the best time in a long time for avoiding burnout, since you don't repeat anything before maps; you're not doing the same thing 4 times in a row, or 3 since act 4 was released. People should be getting to maps fresher than ever.
Last edited by Pathological on Aug 11, 2017, 1:06:33 PM
Been a week and my highest is still 70 stuck in act 10, no map device in my ho.
Many alts, 'cos got bored.
"Players can now smack around players who are having trouble very early on."
-Bex
Have done yesterday the 36 Challenges, now i switch to HC and practice little bit to get deathless to the Mapping, but i am alrdy bored of the Season. Feels like Standard with a few Harbinger Mobs.
3.0 with the Improvements are fantastic, but the Season Content specially is meh...
"
Elemenz wrote:
Been a week and my highest is still 70 stuck in act 10, no map device in my ho.
Many alts, 'cos got bored.

if you are 70 how come no challenges....
I dont see any any key!
"
Hatstick wrote:
Have done yesterday the 36 Challenges, now i switch to HC and practice little bit to get deathless to the Mapping, but i am alrdy bored of the Season. Feels like Standard with a few Harbinger Mobs.
3.0 with the Improvements are fantastic, but the Season Content specially is meh...

for the love of god dont call them seasons

they are leagues
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info