Why am I already bored, anyone else?

Of course, yes.
36 challenges in 7 days. Must not be all that challenging this time.
Couldn't have said it better.

Playing less to have more fun can't be the solution to any game.
"
Nephalim wrote:
Because 3.0 brought literally no real content for anyone that was not a new player or a casual dried lake stopper and the league is underwhelming. How could GGG could claim this was their biggest expansion yet?

3.0 is basically 2.6 with far less builds and much more nerfs.

It's you again. Mister eloquence and righteousness. Thank you for gracing us with your wisdom and coherent explanation of your statements.

"How could GGG claim this was their biggest expansion yet?"

Well let me explain it to you Negative Nancy.

1. Game had 3 acts.

2. Game got the 4th act added - 1st expansion

3. Game got forgotten masters added -no new acts but a base game addition so 2nd expansion

4. Game got atlas added - more or less rework of map system but addition so could be a 3rd expansion.

Now pay attention to no. 5 and the difference compared to the others:

5. Game has 4 acts - ANOTHER 6 acts are added:

- The story is continued in full explaining and making sense of all the lore until now.
- New pantheon system is added also streamlined and well embedded in the lore and story line. this system extends to maps later on with upgrades of the powers.
- Transition to maps is reworked wonderfully after completing the main game as it should be. Zana stops being a pain to acquire and is embedded in the story perfectly.

Yeah I think anyone with half a brain can clearly see that from analyzing previous content releases and the definition of the term "expansion" this is in fact the largest expansion to date.

Unless you like to use a personalized definition of expansion or are completely subjective you can't argue this in the slightest.

I have a question for you however. If you are constantly so negative and displeased with the state of things, why are you still here buddy?
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
I would appreciate it if you stopped replying my to my posts when you have literally have 5 pages of posts to choose from. You are not worth the effort to meaningfully reply to but clearly seek some sort of validation from strangers on the internet to re affirm your frail beliefs. And really, it's hard to take someone seriously when the bulk of their comments is the following:

"
It's you again. Mister eloquence and righteousness

"

"
Yeah I think anyone with half a brain can clearly see that from analyzing previous content releases and the definition of the term "expansion" this is in fact the largest expansion to date.
"
If you are constantly so negative and displeased with the state of things, why are you still here buddy?

It is my right to express both negative and positive opinions about the game and it's direction so long as it does not violate GGG's code of conduct. I suppose everyone who thinks 3.0 and harbinger league was spectacular failure for anyone except GGG's wallet should simply stop playing PoE. You are not here to discuss, you are here to denigrate anyone who makes any remark other than shining praise towards this game. You are not the first, and certainly not the last keyboard warrior I will have to endure on these forums.

Do you understand how feedback works and how valuable critique is to a game developer? The game does not improve solely with praise. Here's 12 pages of people trashing on garbinger league and GGG responding that that they will make improvements to league. Would be like an all you can eat buffet of people you can reply to there.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1943552/page/1
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Aug 15, 2017, 11:50:06 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:
It is my right to express both negative and positive opinions about the game and it's direction so long as it does not violate GGG's code of conduct.

Absolutely. Well, privilege is the better term for that. It's also his privilege to respond to your posts on the forums. But no one's privilege to insult each other (both at fault for that, and I'm not exempt either). We all have different and strong opinions about 3.0.

Personally, I'm enjoying 3.0. Some things rehashed, but for me they're remixed just enough to be a different experience.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Aug 15, 2017, 11:35:28 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:
I would appreciate it if you stopped replying my to my posts when you have literally have 5 pages of posts to choose from. You are not worth the effort to meaningfully reply to but clearly seek some sort of validation from strangers on the internet to re affirm your frail beliefs. And really, it's hard to take someone seriously when the bulk of their comments is the following:

"
It's you again. Mister eloquence and righteousness

"

"
"
If you are constantly so negative and displeased with the state of things, why are you still here buddy?

It is my right to express both negative and positive opinions about the game and it's direction so long as it does not violate GGG's code of conduct. I suppose everyone who thinks 3.0 and harbinger league was spectacular failure for anyone except GGG's wallet should simply stop playing PoE. You are not here to discuss, you are here to denigrate anyone who makes any remark other than shining praise towards this game. You are not the first, and certainly not the last keyboard warrior I will have to endure on these forums.

Do you understand how feedback works and how valuable critique is to a game developer? The game does not improve solely with praise. Here's 12 pages of people trashing on garbinger league and GGG responding that that they will make improvements to league. Would be like an all you can eat buffet of people you can reply to there.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1943552/page/1

I would appreciate it if you could understand that I can reply to whoever I want on the forms as long as I am not breaching GGG terms and conditions and that the only way you can literally make me stop answering to your comments is deleting your account.

My answer to you here is slightly mocking I admit. That is because in the previous thread I attempted to have a discussion with you and gave you the opportunity to explain your random one line statements that have way less consistency than my so called "frail" beliefs you simply said "I'm out" after I explained that value I see in a unique item.

How do you expect me to respect that kind of attitude buddy? How do you expect me not to belittle you given that is the kind of person you portray yourself to a person who knows nothing about you?

If you would made a bit of sense like you made in this reply different paths may have been taken.

Regarding your reply:

You suppose correct. If you do not enjoy something at all you should stop doing it. It applied to everything you do for entertainment in life. Doing anything else is insanity and masochism.

I genuinely enjoy the game as it is now because it's a game I play since launch and I have been here for all it's states of evolution. There are ups and downs and these devs have always come trough.

One thing people who complain about 3.0 and Harbinger is the fact they do not realize that Harbinger came alongside a huge expansion of 6 acts and a full reconstruction of the game flow. Take them and judge them togedher or your point is not valid. This also relates clearly to the fact that your statement this is not the biggest expansion the game ever had is fundamentally flawed.

I am aware of the thread and I do not participate in it because the developers have already announced they will improve the harbinger mechanics later this week.

I understand feedback more than you know as I work in an industry that has the growth based on constant feedback and improvement. I gather feedback from a multitude of sources, select the valuable one and provided it further with proposition for implementation in the best and most cost efficient manner. I do this every single day.

I do not understand or am able to accept redundant feedback that keeps being repeated pointlessly when an upcoming FIX was announced for a few days now. You tell me now how helpful an constructive you are calling garbage something not yet released.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
You are absolutely free to sing your heart out and I as well as anyone else with half a mind and foresight knows to ignore. But please, keep replying, someone will read it one day.

Looking at your post history it's clear there is something wrong with you. You've done nothing but insult and flame others while somehow awkwardly injecting details about your personal life. There is a difference from a troll and sickly person and you are closer to the latter upon further inspection. Get some help, really.

I have had meaningful discussions with many people on these forums I vehement disagreed with but you are incapable of such with long You've managed to waste a few additional seconds of my time, congratulations.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Aug 15, 2017, 1:23:17 PM
"
danteafk wrote:
Was super stocked for the 3.0 release, got out about 10 builds in Path of Building that I wanted to try.

Leveling process was super fun, I like the new content, leveled two chars to 89 and 90 in Harbinger HC and now I'm kinda done. It's all the same, as soon a we get to mapping it's super boring. The league mechanics are totally boring, no challenge at all - nothing to do.

Anyone else?

End game in POE is not super fun, never has been. That's why the leagues are ghost towns toward the end. IMO POE is a better overall game than D3, BUT I still prefer Rifts in D3. POE needs to find a very new and fresh way to do end game and has needed it for a while, to their credit they have added the atlas and some things to lift it up. Something like random rare gods that invade maps with special uniques, better boss fights, and more dynamic stuff going on in maps is needed.

To that point, gambling coins/points for completing maps to gamble/increase odds of getting specific gear would also be nice, something to reward you even on a map you didn't find naything of any value.
Closed Beta|Open Beta|Release|League Only
Last edited by CrownOfThorns on Aug 15, 2017, 12:57:38 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
You are absolutely free to sing your heart out and I as well as anyone else with half a mind and foresight knows to ignore. But please, keep replying, someone will read it one day.

I have had meaningful discussions with many people on these forums I vehement disagreed with but you are incapable of such. You've managed to waste a few additional seconds of my time, congratulations.

You show absolutely not grounds for me to believe that you can actually have a meaningful contradictory discussion actually.

In our first encountered I asked you for an explanation for a one line sentence that to me has no grounds.

I can only see your refusal to address my points as incapability to do so.

I ask you again to defend your statement that this is NOT the biggest expansion GGG released for POE with whatever argument you find appropriate.

Do not involve the Harbinger league. I already admit it's relatively bland BUT I will not judge until the hot fix is applied. That is the attitude most people should have if common sense would be actually common.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info