Why am I already bored, anyone else?

I'd say your bored because you are just racing through to 90 in < 1 week and then all that is left is the boring grind, grind, grind from endless maps to eek out XP on the repetitious road to level 100. Sucking the enjoyment out of FoO that fast is going to make continued playing boring unless you are a build fanatic and like trying dozens of new builds every 3 months.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
why do people think it has to do with copying builds. Don't be retarded.
"
danteafk wrote:
"
tidbit wrote:
play less. don't play 10h/day getting 2 people to 90 in a week. you're burning yourself out. Enjoy the game, don't rush it.

try 2 hours a day, maybe even 1. I bet you have 902 other unplayed steam games you can juggle between so you don't burn out on one of them in a week or so.

That might be the key.

I feel the same way, which is why I do maybe 0-3h a day. usually more in the beginning. I rush through with my first person, just to see what any new stuff is like, then take my time with another build.

I just got to 80, might get to 82-85 before making someone else and play slowly, and finally paying attention to the story. You might fall behind the race/meta/streamers, but who cares. Having fun longer is more important, IMO.

IMO, GGG should have made the story drop you off at level 85-90. People could map along side the main game content if they are underleveled/weak. Tie the maps into the story line. The final boss could have been atziri (or shaper) difficult, which would make the Uber Bosses the new endgame content (they already are. but so are the non-ubers). If that would be too hard for casuals (I'm one of em), well, party up (unless SSF, but you made that decision) and ask for help. No shame in getting help.
rawr. fear me.
Last edited by tidbit on Aug 10, 2017, 10:27:07 PM
"
"
Docbp87 wrote:
FWIW, Bex said that they are going to be making some changes to Harbinger, presumably as a result of the negative feedback they have gotten.

I hope this means two things:

1. They also watched baked's video and realise fractions of currency was a lame idea.
2. They are going to bring back League Stones.

OK, I know that last one is not going to happen in this league, but they were the best thing to happen in PoE in recent history and I am really missing them from the game.

Tell me about it, they added so much more fun by giving things and choices to do, better than paying stupid zana fees per map, and little choices. I doubt ill stick around much with no leaguestones, just loved having them as options to play and farm.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
Kastmar wrote:
"
danteafk wrote:
Was super stocked for the 3.0 release, got out about 10 builds in Path of Building that I wanted to try.

Leveling process was super fun, I like the new content, leveled two chars to 89 and 90 in Harbinger HC and now I'm kinda done. It's all the same, as soon a we get to mapping it's super boring. The league mechanics are totally boring, no challenge at all - nothing to do.

Anyone else?
Because you don't have a right goal. try to level to 100. Of course easy achievement don't make you happy. That's why you are bored.

"
danteafk wrote:
Was super stocked for the 3.0 release, got out about 10 builds in Path of Building that I wanted to try.

Leveling process was super fun, I like the new content, leveled two chars to 89 and 90 in Harbinger HC and now I'm kinda done. It's all the same, as soon a we get to mapping it's super boring. The league mechanics are totally boring, no challenge at all - nothing to do.

Anyone else?

cause it's the same damn game it was in beta. the game design hasn't been improved whatsoever since masters. kill monster, get shitty loot, die and lose your xp progress - that is all there is to it and will be.
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
HammerofNatsu wrote:
why do people think it has to do with copying builds. Don't be retarded.

Who's to say it is a right or wrong reason,I think it is fair to suggest it could be the case.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Did you play the beta? Den shadup!

i did, game was def more fun then.
would pay cash to play an older version of poe.
any ver preceding 3.0, ideally pre 2.4, pre 2.0, or pre 1.3
Most fun I had was in Legacy league. Always something to do, always options to change the gameplay.

This league, I will most likely level up to 85 - 90 and see if I have a realistic chance at getting the Harbinger uniques. If not, it's back to standard.

And one good advice for prolonged fun (at least works for me): don't trade, ever. Rather be creative with what you find.
"
Acolina87 wrote:
Because harbinger league sucks donkey balls compared to legacy and breach league. You are not the only one. FARMING SHARDS IN 2017 YO FEELSGOODMAN.

as if shards are the only reason :')
we also have new uniques to farm tho xD and the shards aint that bad either tbh specially for ssf because u will get more currency in the end just takes a bit till u actually get it butt still. and they just increased the drops today so that's that :P
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info