[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

"
6aPMaJIeuKuH wrote:
"
IANF1 wrote:
i have 1 of my apeps now. increased my dps by a couple thousand on the tool tip which is nice. The roll i got wasn't super amazing but i got it for 15c which was a few cheaper than the other apeps on the market.

prices on HC are insane....

i think part of it is that the league is still semi new and it's hardcore so currency will be forever leaving the league faster than it would in standard.

I ran around like an idiot in merc lab again today and ended up going to fight a10 kitava at level 71 because i was a bit scares of him. Did me a scare a couple times. first time i was way on the side of the arena and his put the fire carpet ability down on that side. Then he did it in the whole entire arena later on in the fight (but for shorter duration) Otherwise it went well. I went and did all the maps of the first tier but I've never done mapping before in the game so theres a lot to learn there. I'm incredibly psyched to be in the infinite content of mapping though.
"
whiskeyjoel wrote:
Grabbing Iron Wood is a bit of a long stretch, I admit. My thought process was that in addition to the Totem stuff, pathing that way gives me a lot of extra Str, which translates to more life, and extra damage from Iron Will. I'll do some playing around and see what else I come up with. One of my Eldritch Knowledge's is in the jewel slot between Templar and Witch. It's currently giving me +20% chaos, but there are 3 more int nodes I could potentially take, as well as the +16% spell damage node right where Witch starts, for a total potential +51% from that area. I haven't taken them because I wasn't sure it was worth it. I went with EK jewel because like you said, it's cheap. My other jewel slots are a second EK jewel above Blast Radius in Witch, a 16% Totem/15% SD while duel-wielding jewel in Templar above Devotion, and Clear Mind just up from Totemic Mastery. There are 4 other jewel slots I can reach in my current build.

The Wither 4L is a serious game-changer. Yeah, Frenzy charges would last longer, but with Decoy totems, I haven't had any real trouble being able to channel. Plus with Surge up, and Faster Casting, Wither is being channeled very quickly. I may play around with Frenzy again, but...I really disliked how it played. Wither just feels much smoother, and gives you more bang for your buck imo.

My gem slots are as follows:
Chest with Dark Pact->Chaos Damage->Cont. Dest->Conc. Effect/Inc. AoE->Void Manip->Iron Will
Helm with Decoy Totem->Inc. Duration->Inc. AoE->Minion&Totem Ele Resist
Gloves with Flame Dash->Wither->Arcane Surge->Faster Casting
Boots with Immortal Call->Inc. Duration->CwDT->Enfeeble
Wand #1 with CwDT->Stone Golem->Enfeeble
Wand #2 is where I had the Frenzy setup, and it's currently empty. I might stick Frenzy back in, I just really hated it haha. Not sure what else to slot instead, though.

I'm not the OP, but I've played around a lot with the build in PoB trying to improve dps while keeping enough tankiness. On my character, Repentance (assuming I had the 312 str to use them) is a 5.5% dps increase over a pair of decent fingerless silk gloves (at the sacrifice of 5% hp and 5% mana and a bunch of resists). Free damage is free damage, but it doesn't seem like Iron Will scales all that well, so the reason I'd prefer to stick with rare gloves is the flexibility...

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, Essences of Envy roll chaos damage on jewelry, so crafting or buying rings and an amulet with that and some other good affixes is likely a much greater net gain (albeit potentially a much more expensive one).

I agree that - with Wither - I don't find myself using Frenzy often enough to really justify keeping it. Other than the main skills, I was thinking of a setup something like this:

Decoy Totem->Inc. Duration->Vaal Skeleton->Vaal Haste
Immortal Call->Inc. Duration->CwDT->Enfeeble
Lightning Warp->Faster Casting->Less Duration
Wither->Arcane Surge->Faster Casting
CwDT->Stone Golem->???Molten Shell???

And then either adding Swift Affliction to Lightning Warp (if it's not fast enough) or else Increased Duration to Wither to complete the other 4-link. Never tried Lightning Warp, so if I don't like it, guess I'll put Flame Dash back with Wither and then have a 3-link that I have no idea what to socket it with...

As for Eldritch Knowledge, take a 3-dps jewel with "average" rolls - 14% totem damage/15% spell damage while dual wielding/11% area/spell damage - that's 40% damage without having to use any skill points on filler Intellect nodes, which is probably the best Eldritch Knowledge will ever give you (though grabbing Dark Arts would give you enough for 40%, but you'd probably have to drop Ironwood to get there). If you stick with Ironwood, you don't need totem resistance on a gem because they'll already be over the cap (assuming you grabbed the totem life/resist node - which you might as well as more totem life = more DP damage - 1.8% versus 1.3% for a 10% spell damage node).

You are correct in that tracking down to the Witch start are the best pure spell damage nodes available to us due to the 12% and 16% at the end.
Last edited by Heracleitus on Sep 1, 2017, 2:50:20 AM
What flasks do you recomend if you had access to any? your setup or something else?
"
Zieralol wrote:
What flasks do you recomend if you had access to any? your setup or something else?

my personal choise. with passive "+50% mana and health from flasks" and gods "+3 charge every 3 sec to health flask" and "+66% health from flask at low life"
-Помню, как толпа крестьян убить меня хотела,
После инквизиторы калечили мне тело!
Все восстало против молодого некроманта,
Сделав меня мучеником моего таланта.
Last edited by 6aPMaJIeuKuH on Sep 1, 2017, 9:30:35 AM
I like this build, first time HC player.
I just tried for the last couple of days Inspired Learning jewel.
At the cost of 6 points (in reality 4 points, because the other 2 are really usefull), using the slot between Overcharge and Endurance.

Basically i have a headhunter at the cot of 40 or so C. I found the jewel, and i tested it, even tough on it says is not working with totems, it's working.

Give it a go, for mapping is really fun.
"
Heracleitus wrote:
As for Eldritch Knowledge, take a 3-dps jewel with "average" rolls - 14% totem damage/15% spell damage while dual wielding/11% area/spell damage - that's 40% damage without having to use any skill points on filler Intellect nodes, which is probably the best Eldritch Knowledge will ever give you (though grabbing Dark Arts would give you enough for 40%, but you'd probably have to drop Ironwood to get there). If you stick with Ironwood, you don't need totem resistance on a gem because they'll already be over the cap (assuming you grabbed the totem life/resist node - which you might as well as more totem life = more DP damage - 1.8% versus 1.3% for a 10% spell damage node).

You are correct in that tracking down to the Witch start are the best pure spell damage nodes available to us due to the 12% and 16% at the end.

I splurged and found some decent 3-dps jewels on poe.trade like you suggested, and have taken the two jewel slots by the Scion starting area (extra life regen, and resists), and the jewel slot between Scion and Duelist. Solid increase. I have also redone my tree to spec out of Iron Wood, and I've taken Dark Arts instead. The increase is quite noticeable, at least according to the tooltip DPS. I've left the one Eldritch Knowledge in the Witch area, because pathing to Dark Arts gives me +35% SD. I may swap it out later if I find an amazing 3-dps jewel, but for now it's fine. With the tree changes, and the addition of the jewels, I've increased my tooltip dps by about 8k. Good suggestions :P

With the extra points I've saved from specing out of Iron Wood, I've filled out some more of the Scion life nodes, and plan to fill it the rest of the way out. Future points, maybe the spell damage nodes in Templar, and Combat Stamina for extra life regen.

As far as using Repentance goes...I thought about it, but the Strength and Int requirements are quite prohibitive. The Iron Will from Repentance also only gives you the Str bonus to spells, whereas the Iron Will gem does that, as well as giving a flat spell damage increase. My Iron Will gem is currently Q20 lvl 15, and gives me a bonus of 38%, plus the bonus damage from strength. Seems to be worth keeping it.
Last edited by whiskeyjoel on Sep 1, 2017, 9:49:09 PM
Hello! this build is really good and i like it! but.. why i can't summon 4 totems?
just let me summon 2 totems when i put the third one another goes..
I haven't yet seen it mentioned but why is no one using Atziri's Promise, I find that in big groups pressing it once allows the totems to leech to full health even without skeletons. Really effective in my opinion.
"
xaerosillo wrote:
Hello! this build is really good and i like it! but.. why i can't summon 4 totems?
just let me summon 2 totems when i put the third one another goes..

you need the heirophant ascendancy. You won't get it until cruel (2nd) lab ascendancy. But speaking from experience it's totally possible to do the second lab as soon as it becomes available to you, as well as third. So theres no need to farm up a few more levels for it unless you want to feel extra safe. Just be careful as always around Izaro.

"
Zamr0 wrote:
I haven't yet seen it mentioned but why is no one using Atziri's Promise, I find that in big groups pressing it once allows the totems to leech to full health even without skeletons. Really effective in my opinion.

Actually i wanted to ask about this. Is there any viable leech/regen for my totems to extend their lifespan some. Would make the build a bit less tedious in some places/situations if i didn't have to constantly re-summon the totems.
Last edited by IANF1 on Sep 2, 2017, 5:19:00 AM
just wanted to put my two cents in about this build since I was using in for a week or so, and it was going really good I was able to clear t11 and t12 maps just as fast as t1-t4's, the bosses took a little longer to kill on higher tiers of course but they were relatively easy nonetheless... just decoy and 3 dark pact totems up spam decoy totem when you can.

I likely would've easily been able to push into the 90's, but I went back for atlas completion and decided to do poorjoy's asylum and got 1 shot by detonate dead :/ my fault but still cool build haha I was up to 5780 hp at level 87 still using tabula I could have bought a 6L easily from how much I farmed but decided to put it into a new build when I was ready I guess thats now :D.
IGN: @Steppy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info