[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

"
6aPMaJIeuKuH wrote:

covenant looks good to. 7L with concentrate effect. but it was 500+++c

i take shitroled 6L cherrubim at 345c and colored by 400 chrom. so.... :)

PoB has Cherrubim being better both dps and hp-wise, but it's decently comparable. And given the estimated chromes to get 4 blue on cherr is like 1500... lucky you!
This build is insanely fun, and with Sanctuary of Thought, you're quite tanky as well, which is a nice change from a lot of other totem builds. Great clear speed and mobility, good survivability, and 4-5x exploding Dark Pact totems looks hella cool ^^

Like a lot of people, I did make my own personal tweaks.
Here's what I did:

I decided to try out a 6L Soul Mantle instead of the Tabula. The built-in Spell Totem, extra spell damage, and extra totem life seemed worth it, especially given that I can slot in another dps increasing gem in lieu of Spell Totem. To counteract the curses from Soul Mantle, I simply use two Quicksilver flasks with the curse immunity/removes curses mod.

I followed the outer edge of the Templar area down into Marauder in order to take Iron Wood. 35% more totem damage, some extra cast and placement speed, and extra totem resists. The extra strength from following that path translates to more life, and slotting in an Iron Will gem provides a massive damage boost.

I got rid of the Frenzy link. It felt clunky, and doesn't really do that much. Instead, I used one of my 4L's to combine Flame Dash->Arcane Surge->Faster Casting->Wither. Hardcasting Wither linked with Surge means I can cast it all day, while getting the cast speed and spell damage bonus for my totems. Win, win, win. The extra damage this provides is so significant that I can easily swap out Increased AoE for Item Rarity in maps.

I'm currently using two Eldritch Knowledge jewels in areas with a lot of Int nodes, for a combined 45% increase to chaos damage. I'm not sure it's worth grabbing all the available Int nodes, so I've just grabbed the easy to reach ones.

I'm lvl 85 now, and am breezing through most maps. Future points will be spent on filling out a bit more of the Scion life nodes, and the totem life/resistance nodes.
I am lvl 89 in hardcore harbringer league now. I just was able to buy a 200c 6l the covenant spidersilk robe and craft the right colours with vorici lvl 8. Should be arround 250c together with tip etc.

This is the first time that i come even close to lvl 90, probably will reach it together.

Super nutty build, and with the chest armour single target damage is decent too now.
"
trackcatbat wrote:
haven't read the thread in awhile, I was focused on my RF character.

Anyone try the blight threshold jewel spreading rot?

You get up to 13% increased chaos damage per jewel, 50% hinder duration, and 25% increased chaos damage per jewel (you can have 2). Not the safest thing, but maybe worth checking out

I was thinking about this jewel, until I found a problem: the 25% increased only comes from hindering. And hindering lasts only 0.8 seconds (1.6 with double jewels, but still too short). Also, if I did not interpret the gem text wrong, hindering only happens when the enemy is debuffed the first time. I don't know if it can be utilized by casting blight EXACTLY every 2.5 seconds but it definitely is worse than self-cast wither.
"
whiskeyjoel wrote:
This build is insanely fun, and with Sanctuary of Thought, you're quite tanky as well, which is a nice change from a lot of other totem builds. Great clear speed and mobility, good survivability, and 4-5x exploding Dark Pact totems looks hella cool ^^

Like a lot of people, I did make my own personal tweaks.
Here's what I did:

I decided to try out a 6L Soul Mantle instead of the Tabula. The built-in Spell Totem, extra spell damage, and extra totem life seemed worth it, especially given that I can slot in another dps increasing gem in lieu of Spell Totem. To counteract the curses from Soul Mantle, I simply use two Quicksilver flasks with the curse immunity/removes curses mod.

I followed the outer edge of the Templar area down into Marauder in order to take Iron Wood. 35% more totem damage, some extra cast and placement speed, and extra totem resists. The extra strength from following that path translates to more life, and slotting in an Iron Will gem provides a massive damage boost.

I got rid of the Frenzy link. It felt clunky, and doesn't really do that much. Instead, I used one of my 4L's to combine Flame Dash->Arcane Surge->Faster Casting->Wither. Hardcasting Wither linked with Surge means I can cast it all day, while getting the cast speed and spell damage bonus for my totems. Win, win, win. The extra damage this provides is so significant that I can easily swap out Increased AoE for Item Rarity in maps.

I'm currently using two Eldritch Knowledge jewels in areas with a lot of Int nodes, for a combined 45% increase to chaos damage. I'm not sure it's worth grabbing all the available Int nodes, so I've just grabbed the easy to reach ones.

I'm lvl 85 now, and am breezing through most maps. Future points will be spent on filling out a bit more of the Scion life nodes, and the totem life/resistance nodes.

Theorycrafting-wise, pathing to Ironwood just isn't worth it, you'd be better off grabbing Dark Arts and the jewel node in between the Duelist and Marauder start points (or the spell damage nodes near the Templar area if you don't want to spend for jewels).

Eldritch Knowledge won't beat a good 3 dps mod jewel (since chaos damage boost is no different than totem or spell damage as far as we're concerned) anywhere we could put it, but it does have the advantage of being virtually free.

Flame Dash->Arcane Surge->Faster Casting->Wither is some really nice synergy, though having Increased Duration on Wither is also nice to keep stacks up a little longer when you need to move/recast totems.

Adding Wither to the mix has definitely made getting Frenzy charges clunky, but maybe it's still worthwhile to keep around for times when channeling is inadvisable? Not sure I believe that though.

With combining Wither with Flame Dash and ditching Frenzy, you've freed up 7 gem slots. What are you using in their place?
Hi i collected some currency and im stucked. I dont know what item should i aim for now to increased my preformance.
My gear
Spoiler

Mby i should drop repetance for rare gloves? Than I can change neck (use it for 50 str for Repetance)
Last edited by OhJohnny on Aug 31, 2017, 3:29:36 PM
"
Heracleitus wrote:
Theorycrafting-wise, pathing to Ironwood just isn't worth it, you'd be better off grabbing Dark Arts and the jewel node in between the Duelist and Marauder start points (or the spell damage nodes near the Templar area if you don't want to spend for jewels).

Eldritch Knowledge won't beat a good 3 dps mod jewel (since chaos damage boost is no different than totem or spell damage as far as we're concerned) anywhere we could put it, but it does have the advantage of being virtually free.

Flame Dash->Arcane Surge->Faster Casting->Wither is some really nice synergy, though having Increased Duration on Wither is also nice to keep stacks up a little longer when you need to move/recast totems.

Adding Wither to the mix has definitely made getting Frenzy charges clunky, but maybe it's still worthwhile to keep around for times when channeling is inadvisable? Not sure I believe that though.

With combining Wither with Flame Dash and ditching Frenzy, you've freed up 7 gem slots. What are you using in their place?

Grabbing Iron Wood is a bit of a long stretch, I admit. My thought process was that in addition to the Totem stuff, pathing that way gives me a lot of extra Str, which translates to more life, and extra damage from Iron Will. I'll do some playing around and see what else I come up with. One of my Eldritch Knowledge's is in the jewel slot between Templar and Witch. It's currently giving me +20% chaos, but there are 3 more int nodes I could potentially take, as well as the +16% spell damage node right where Witch starts, for a total potential +51% from that area. I haven't taken them because I wasn't sure it was worth it. I went with EK jewel because like you said, it's cheap. My other jewel slots are a second EK jewel above Blast Radius in Witch, a 16% Totem/15% SD while duel-wielding jewel in Templar above Devotion, and Clear Mind just up from Totemic Mastery. There are 4 other jewel slots I can reach in my current build.

The Wither 4L is a serious game-changer. Yeah, Frenzy charges would last longer, but with Decoy totems, I haven't had any real trouble being able to channel. Plus with Surge up, and Faster Casting, Wither is being channeled very quickly. I may play around with Frenzy again, but...I really disliked how it played. Wither just feels much smoother, and gives you more bang for your buck imo.

My gem slots are as follows:
Chest with Dark Pact->Chaos Damage->Cont. Dest->Conc. Effect/Inc. AoE->Void Manip->Iron Will
Helm with Decoy Totem->Inc. Duration->Inc. AoE->Minion&Totem Ele Resist
Gloves with Flame Dash->Wither->Arcane Surge->Faster Casting
Boots with Immortal Call->Inc. Duration->CwDT->Enfeeble
Wand #1 with CwDT->Stone Golem->Enfeeble
Wand #2 is where I had the Frenzy setup, and it's currently empty. I might stick Frenzy back in, I just really hated it haha. Not sure what else to slot instead, though.
i have 1 of my apeps now. increased my dps by a couple thousand on the tool tip which is nice. The roll i got wasn't super amazing but i got it for 15c which was a few cheaper than the other apeps on the market.
"
IANF1 wrote:
i have 1 of my apeps now. increased my dps by a couple thousand on the tool tip which is nice. The roll i got wasn't super amazing but i got it for 15c which was a few cheaper than the other apeps on the market.

prices on HC are insane....
-Помню, как толпа крестьян убить меня хотела,
После инквизиторы калечили мне тело!
Все восстало против молодого некроманта,
Сделав меня мучеником моего таланта.
Crushing all maps with this equip at level 82 in SC:

Just Ascended.
Tomorrow i'll try Guardians.

Wondering about drop "Attack Speed" on "Frenzy"-"GMP" and use that green socket for a "Vaal Haste" or maybe a "Vaal Grace"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info