[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

haven't read the thread in awhile, I was focused on my RF character.

Anyone try the blight threshold jewel spreading rot?

You get up to 13% increased chaos damage per jewel, 50% hinder duration, and 25% increased chaos damage per jewel (you can have 2). Not the safest thing, but maybe worth checking out
was running around in the sewers looking for doedre. soul mantle dropped.

I know it's not the blood magic one but if i can get that soul mantle 6 linked and ready then sign me the fuck up for that.
Cleared shaper and guardians at 88 with lvl 19 gems, self casting wither was OK because it forced you to play a bit more risky, I used allelopathy with cwc to curse and apply hinder for spreading rot as the damage was close to wither and was easier to use.

The only issue I have with the build is you are summoning totems way too often for my liking and it just feels really annoying.

Good build though, was a breeze to play but I will definitely not use it to farm end game bosses but it is definitely a capable build that can do everything on a budget.
Last edited by dupie on Aug 29, 2017, 5:07:28 AM
Hey there,

I am really enjoying your build. I am quite of a semi-casual gamer as I don't as much free time as I would like, so cheap builds are usually the way to go.

In harbringer, I tried a summoner, as the last time I played totem, it felt clunky, but not this time. I'm still beginning the endgame (around T5-T6 right now) but this build is really fun.

I ditched frenzy right away, didn't even tried it, and replaced it with wither. Killed Kitava in a couple of minutes thanks to it.

I tried to optimized the links so here what I have for now, beside the 6L :

4L : Decoy - Totem and Minion Res - Increased Duration - Golem
-> I'm missing the minion life support, but the golem feels pretty tanky enough right now. I am also using Skullhend as a helmet for a lack of a better item, so it may help a little. I'll try to keep it that way as long as possible to clear some slots. I don't really feel the needs to have Golem summon with a trigger right now.

4L : Wither - Flame Dash - Faster Casting - Arcane Surge :
This I really love. The arcane surge with Wither is great, since we can maintain it indefinitely thanks to the mana regen of wither. It procs really fast. Still have the opportunity to proc it with Flash Dash though.

4L : CWDT - Inc Duration - Immortal Call - Phase Run
Didn't know what to put after immortal call. Right now I'm farming XP (reached 160M/hour on shitty blue maps ^^), so it actually helps running toward the next pack, but I may replace it with molten shell or any other defensive option, but maybe also summon skellies ? (see below)

3L : Kept the CWDT - Inc Duration - Enfeeble setup

Last 3L, and this is where I could take advices.
Right now I tried to go with : Skellies - Minion Life - Spell Echo.
-> Works great on paper, but in reality, I never summon them, as casting Wither is a better way to increase DPS. I am looking for another setup to help tank, like maybe generating endurance charges. I asked myself if I should have summon skellies on a trigger, since anyway they are just meant to chain the dark pact, and dies pretty fast anyway (due to dark pact), but without the minion life, I think they will be useless, to I guess the best option would be to get buffier, in order to sustain wither for longer time.

Any Idea on a triggered defensive option, preferably with life regen ? I wish we could still trigger enduring cry...
"
6aPMaJIeuKuH wrote:
"
masive wrote:
Hi again!
I did my own approach on this build.
Did like some other guy here mentioned and grab more life on the tree.

http://poeurl.com/bvI6

Also i picked up a

so i can run a 6 link on a 5 link and in the end 7 link.
Beacuse of how the armor work i also got these 3 to keep the cruses at bay.

Since we kill everything so fast i have no problem keeping the flaskes up att 100%.
Atm i'm at lvl 87 with 6,1k hp, 1,7 k es and 3k mana.
Don't think it works so well for shaper or guardians since the fights are rly long or i guess it could work if you use portals but for maps it's rly nice.

Cheers!

I do not think thisbody to good choise. to much controls need already (decoy>DP totem replays>wither>kite boss), so curse will be boring.
it good only with 2 kikazaru + selfflugelation gewel.

i choise this

some life,armor,eva, plus very good bonus to chaos dmg.

Ye you're right..
I accctually swaped back to tabula.
I was looking at that armor 2 it seems rly nice for this build.
Either that one or a Carcass Jack.
woo! gonna re-roll my shit storm burst templar for this

question: why not shav's and LL/MoM? you could still make excellent use of Clear Mind jewel while not reserving mana for heralds, AND you can benefit from Pain Attunment if you reserve life instead. Is there a benefit for going full life based?
Last edited by UglyStru on Aug 29, 2017, 4:12:06 PM
"
dupie wrote:
Cleared shaper and guardians at 88 with lvl 19 gems, self casting wither was OK because it forced you to play a bit more risky, I used allelopathy with cwc to curse and apply hinder for spreading rot as the damage was close to wither and was easier to use.

The only issue I have with the build is you are summoning totems way too often for my liking and it just feels really annoying.

Good build though, was a breeze to play but I will definitely not use it to farm end game bosses but it is definitely a capable build that can do everything on a budget.

Glad to know you liked this. I was actually going to try this with two spreading rot jewels.

I was also looking at 3 totems, going crit, etc...

Was thinking of going tukohamas and taking conviction of power too...One issue is that if going crit...it is prob better to just go scion or something.

And I don't want to give up the defensive option of sanctuary of thought. It's just so strong, and great for running uber lab (I am that guy who never has issues with izaro, but always dies to traps, so braindead trap runners are great for me).

I was looking at PoB and doing crit stuff, but getting power charges via casting is kind of annoying to be honest. There's already enough going on just dropping totems.

I played around with blight just now very quickly. I really liked it with 2x spreading rot jewels to be honest, although just self-cast wither may be better? This build is not really starved for links. I'm interested in trying out repentance as well. It's really easy to get the stat requirements with this build. Not sure what the strength numbers you need are though.
Last edited by trackcatbat on Aug 29, 2017, 5:02:14 PM
"
masive wrote:

I was looking at that armor 2 it seems rly nice for this build.
Either that one or a Carcass Jack.

covenant looks good to. 7L with concentrate effect. but it was 500+++c

i take shitroled 6L cherrubim at 345c and colored by 400 chrom. so.... :)
-Помню, как толпа крестьян убить меня хотела,
После инквизиторы калечили мне тело!
Все восстало против молодого некроманта,
Сделав меня мучеником моего таланта.
Last edited by 6aPMaJIeuKuH on Aug 29, 2017, 4:22:18 PM
Re: Shavs LL/MOM

Leaving aside the cost of a 6L Shav's, the biggest concern is durability and efficiency. A low life build doesn't really want to be investing in life/Mana on the tree. You would lose a lot of the benefit of MOM and be unable to effectively use forbidden taste or life flasks. You might end up with around 1500 EHP worth of unreserved life/Mana, maybe a little more, plus your ES. It is unlikely the build you end up with would feel nearly as durable as the original. That said, if you have the gear, nothing wrong with trying it. Truly I am delighted to see so many different variations on the build being posted and discussed.

-O

I've just started using the self cast Wither and it really does assist in boss melting a lot! So much so that in a lot of maps I'm swapping out Controlled Destruction for Item Rarity.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info