[3.10 HC] Apep's Darkpact Totems are BACK (original build 3.1-3.3)

My setup in the spoiler below. Went with Cherrubims for now. 41k tooltip on totem.
Running dual curse on harder bosses/content, otherwise for general mapping I'm using Biscos collar. Not really sure if OoS is best yet, might toy with Ball lightning for range, so slow projectile tho! Contemplated wither cwc too but decided against it for now, I like the incdur and fc too much.

I've tried a 4l lightning warp setup, was too slow for me even with 20/20 gems, if only dash didn't have those charges..

9426ehp+1283es with 682/408 regen, I still want to increase that number since I tend to enter autopilot mode and tank stupid stuff which is dangerous to say the least.

If anyone has suggestions where to improve I'm all ears, getting hard to find those upgrades.

Spoiler

Harder content setup:
Spoiler

Easymapping swap:
Spoiler

Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAOaBAcEUQSzBqAI9AthEMwRLRQgFm8YVho4Gmwc3CSqJy8qEysmLJwy0TWSNuk6FjpYOuE8BTwtPV9Bh0PIRUdFnUlPSshMs03jTwRQR1JTU1JVxljlWfNaK1ugXl1fKl8_ZIRmVGaeZ5toWmh0aPJqQ20ZbqpvO3Ficg91KngNeyB7w3wOfIODX4PMg9uFMoaCiq-MRozPjxqQEZBVlG-XLZeVl_Sa4KIAo_KmV6dVp5SuPq9stQS18rc-vKq86sAawGbDE8au0B_R_dWm2L3aYuNq5CLkUevk6-7vDu987-vwH_JF9kj4k_m9-ej60v4K_of-jw==

Defense with boot enchant active, which is basically always.

Last edited by Lysithea on Sep 3, 2017, 1:55:46 PM
"
whiskeyjoel wrote:
How is that even possible? At lvl 20, Efficacy increases spell damage by a mere 20%. A lvl 20 Iron Will increases spell damage by 38%, plus the bonus from strength. Seems like Iron Will should definitely be ahead.

I didn't get it either, but now that I've taken a closer look, I see the difference. Efficacy (and Less Duration, which is also listed as an upgrade) provide "more Spell Damage" while Iron Will gives "increased Spell Damage". The former is multiplicative while the latter is additive, which would explain why Iron Will doesn't scale very well.

"
Lysithea wrote:

My setup in the spoiler below. Went with Cherrubims for now. 41k tooltip on totem.
Running dual curse on harder bosses/content, otherwise for general mapping I'm using Biscos collar. Not really sure if OoS is best yet, might toy with Ball lightning for range, so slow projectile tho! Contemplated wither cwc too but decided against it for now, I like the incdur and fc too much.

I've tried a 4l lightning warp setup, was too slow for me even with 20/20 gems, if only dash didn't have those charges..

9426ehp+1283es with 682/408 regen, I still want to increase that number since I tend to enter autopilot mode and tank stupid stuff which is dangerous to say the least.

If anyone has suggestions where to improve I'm all ears, getting hard to find those upgrades.

While I've been enjoying the 4-link lightning warp as a general movement skill, it is definitely inferior as a get out of dodge escape. I like the OoS/BL idea - will try that if I can find a good curse amulet. Other than upgrading your jewels even more and and maybe rolling/buying some truly incredible envy rings, it looks like you are about as decked out as you can get...

"
Heracleitus wrote:

While I've been enjoying the 4-link lightning warp as a general movement skill, it is definitely inferior as a get out of dodge escape. I like the OoS/BL idea - will try that if I can find a good curse amulet. Other than upgrading your jewels even more and and maybe rolling/buying some truly incredible envy rings, it looks like you are about as decked out as you can get...

I think one path would be an insane rare armor with hp+hp/es+mana+trires on an esbase armor. That would increase ehp a bit more while freeing up the dex reqs. It also would then let me cap res more easily so I could focus on more dmg on other pieces and jewels which should be a netgain in both dmg and ehp. Other than that I don't really see other options.

Last edited by Lysithea on Sep 3, 2017, 11:37:47 PM
So, is Wither a valid replacement for Frenzy? What links are preferable?
I did some phoenix/chimera runs at l92 with 6l covenant setup. Phoenix is easy even with bad mods (in fact downed him earlier in tabula), chimera would be easy with a bit of practice.

However I cant seem to benefit from self-cast wither much. My problems:

- vs phoenix standing in one place at any point is very unhealthy. i have minor problems keeping up frenzy, wither stacking just seems way too dangerous

- vs chimera the single phase is already going fast (altough wither does speed it up), and in the add phases it is hopeless to wither and not die. the main difficulty is that for the smoke phase flame dash is less than optimal, but can be managed

- wither toteming would only make sense if i didnt decoy totem but that i think would be madness. a 3 link decoy (+area/+resist - inc dur feels irrelevant in these fights) seems key to survivability

I'll try hydra+mino tonight but feels like i will run into the same problems.
Suggestions?
Last edited by Artagas on Sep 4, 2017, 3:49:32 AM
Wither is valid you gain damage but have to be more aware as it's less safe then frenzy. I have a question would I or my totems gain the 100 life per kill from Aztriri's Splendor?
Edit: looks like it applies to you, but it makes the non-boss part of mapping feel a lot safer, does nothing for damage or totem sustain though.
Last edited by HappyHarry on Sep 4, 2017, 2:34:05 PM
Thanks alot for the build, never felt this strong before and done higher maps than i ever have before ^^ just wondering when do you think i should try uber lab? i have never done uber lab before on any char. im at 4.6k hp 2.9k mana and 16k tooltip totem dmg with faster casting and not conc effect. But im still using a tabula, keep throwing fuses at a rare chest with no luck. im lvl 84 and HC
I six linked a Soul mantle spider silk, should I just add faster casting since i can get rid of spell totem?
i have yet to 6 link my soul mantle but a covenant just dropped for me out of nowhere. Not sure exactly what i should do.

I'm not sure if the random curses will affect my totems and I'm pretty confident is my ability to keep big boys are arms length with decoy so i *think* soul mantle would be more dps because it increases totem life, which increases dark pact damage.

Also I'm thinking, when i use soul mantle are 5 totems worthwhile in any way? Will 5 DP totems be more DPS than 4 given how the heirophant ascendency makes all my totems do less the more I have? I'm considering dropping ancestral bonds if this happens to keep my cap at 4 because i'd rather not be juggling trying to keep only 4 on the field for efficiency when i have a cap of 5.

Also I'm considering getting eldritch battery after my last ascendancy depending on how much ES i have, then reserving mana for auras/curses. I'm not sure what to run though. I know that MoM will damage the ES over the mana bar so the ES will still be effective health just in a bit of a different way, It would also let me reserve mana and still have a 2k+ pool for MoM to draw from.
"
Heracleitus wrote:
"
whiskeyjoel wrote:
How is that even possible? At lvl 20, Efficacy increases spell damage by a mere 20%. A lvl 20 Iron Will increases spell damage by 38%, plus the bonus from strength. Seems like Iron Will should definitely be ahead.

I didn't get it either, but now that I've taken a closer look, I see the difference. Efficacy (and Less Duration, which is also listed as an upgrade) provide "more Spell Damage" while Iron Will gives "increased Spell Damage". The former is multiplicative while the latter is additive, which would explain why Iron Will doesn't scale very well.

"
Lysithea wrote:

Huh...that's interesting, I never would have noticed that. It makes sense though. Guess I'll have to retire my Iron Will.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info