[3.2] That Doomfletch Life | 3.1 VIDEO GUIDE UP! Tree/PoB | All Content | Reviews

-
Last edited by humble_genius on Jan 26, 2019, 3:55:59 PM
question: is a +1 arrow shaped quiver, which can roll "adds % physical damage as extra cold", potentially better than a +1 arrow drillneck? especially if we have the elder amulet roll of "non-chaos damage added as extra chaos", since you would get double dipping on the added dmg?

the 50% bonus to pierced shots on drillneck might be hard to beat though, but with shaped quiver we could potentially drop the pierce nodes on tree and grab an extra jewel socket
Last edited by Jd009 on Jan 23, 2018, 12:26:54 AM
Ah, I got roped into playing this game again, so as a late entry Abyss player I really should've just done this build again. :(

I'm sad to see Doomfletch's Prism got double nerfed (not surprised; this is how GGG nerfs everything) and Harbinger items are completely unobtainable. :(
-
Last edited by humble_genius on Jan 26, 2019, 3:56:20 PM
"
Jd009 wrote:
question: is a +1 arrow shaped quiver, which can roll "adds % physical damage as extra cold", potentially better than a +1 arrow drillneck? especially if we have the elder amulet roll of "non-chaos damage added as extra chaos", since you would get double dipping on the added dmg?

the 50% bonus to pierced shots on drillneck might be hard to beat though, but with shaped quiver we could potentially drop the pierce nodes on tree and grab an extra jewel socket

A shaped quiver is now best in slot for doomfletch if you have good enough jewels.

Unfortunately I don't have a broadhead quiver base. t1 WED is still better than t1 phys to cold.

This shaped quiver netted me 5% more dps than a +1 drillneck with max roll did- a perfect +1 arrow broadhead would be about 15% more total dps than a +1 drillneck assuming that you have decent gear. Perfect +2 quiver would be about 25% more total dps. Rare quivers are now best in slot for this build because we can scale heavy phys damage on abyss jewels so we no longer need the big phys provided by drillneck. I'll link some of my jewels below:

By "perfect" quiver I mean t1 life, t1 WED, and +1 arrow prefixes as well as t1 crit multi, t1 accuracy or crit chance, and crafted attack speed.
Last edited by mcnealstash on Jan 23, 2018, 1:05:07 PM
"
mcnealstash wrote:

This shaped quiver netted me 5% more dps than a +1 drillneck with max roll did- a perfect +1 arrow broadhead would be about 15% more total dps than a +1 drillneck assuming that you have decent gear. Perfect +2 quiver would be about 25% more total dps.

is that with the drillneck bonus to pierced targets counted? pob does not take it into account as far as i know, nor does it take into account all the new gain % phys as extra elemental dmg rolls
I don't use pierce because I'm at the point where my character has enough damage for me to use chain- it's better AoE but you have to have a lot of damage for it to work- so I'm not worried about the extra damage on pierced targets.
"
humble_genius wrote:
"
Eninya wrote:

I'm sad to see Doomfletch's Prism got double nerfed (not surprised; this is how GGG nerfs everything)

Its not as bad as it seems. You can almost completely make up for the crit nerf by using a Watchers Eye with Hatred crit mod (I linked mine 2 posts above) and if you really wanna go crazy you can use an elder chestpiece with "Attacks have +#% to Critical Strike Chance"-mod as well. Then theres the Abyss jewels, physical damage gained as extra damage amulets etc, theres plenty of new stuff to play around with

It takes more currency investment to get to similar levels of power as last league, but its still easily possible to do things like shaper deathless :D

I'm reluctant because the bow ate more than a 30% nerf and much of the gear required is quite expensive, but also has massive overlap with other bow builds. I'm running something completely different on a budget due to starting the league so late (and also not being that interested anyway since the game still runs like complete trash).

Taste of Hate and Dying Sun are excruciatingly expensive, but Kaom's Heart is laughably cheap this time around. The new gems are interesting, but survival was always an annoyance. While I'd cleared everything deathless at some point during Harbinger (except Uber Atziri, holy shit), I was most concerned with just Guardians/Shaper.

Also, The Tempest's Binding is out this league, and that's a massive setback. No helm will ever compete with it in my eyes. :(
"
mcnealstash wrote:
I don't use pierce because I'm at the point where my character has enough damage for me to use chain- it's better AoE but you have to have a lot of damage for it to work- so I'm not worried about the extra damage on pierced targets.

not the gem, but if you pick up a pierce node from the tree, doesn't drillneck give you 50% dmg boost to barrage on bosses?
Does flat damage applies to bow attacks ? On a abyss jewel i can keep the damages on attack ?
I don't understand the thing with the pierce stuff, does someone can explain that to me ? :( thx!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info