Frequent and consistent lag spikes

I don't think there is a fix. Look at the pages and pages people have written about this. One in this section is up to almost 60 pages and 60K looks.

They would fix it if they could so THERE IS NO FIX JUST GET USED TO IT.
"
MFairfax wrote:
I don't think there is a fix. Look at the pages and pages people have written about this. One in this section is up to almost 60 pages and 60K looks.

They would fix it if they could so THERE IS NO FIX JUST GET USED TO IT.

[Removed by Support] Getting used to the game being unplayable is the same as quitting which means no $$$ for GGG. Not the best business move.

This problem is the dumbest thing I have ever encountered in any game. Fix your fucking servers or code or whatever, this game becomes completely unplayable for most times of the day.
Last edited by Isaac_GGG on Sep 7, 2017, 4:53:59 PM
Bumping for maintenance. Lag spikes always at the night time (Japan/SG server)
Sry didnt see this topic and opened another for exact the same problem.
EU servers 20:00-24:00 EU time unplayable with microfreezes. During daytime ok but when the sun goes down, oh boy.
Just posting to say this is still a massive issue. Playing from Washington state and have connected to all available servers. No difference anywhere. Also, I recently lag spiked into die move during lab and couldn't leave. The people I was running with still saw my character alive at full life. Possibly related or a totally separate issue?
You should be posting your own thread instead of to this one. In this forum, you are asked specifically to make your own thread and not hijack or bump similar ones saying you have the same issue. It says this in the first paragraph of the first sticky.

This is to make it easier to a)get you concise help with your issue and b) make it easier for those of us who want to help. Make sure and read through all of that sticky as well, as there is information that you need to post depending on what type of issue you are having.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Last edited by Aragorn14 on Sep 17, 2017, 12:33:17 PM
"
Kamun wrote:
Last night I died to Minotaur because I was lagspiking so bad that my character would sit still and do nothing for several seconds, causing me to run out of portals on a Guardian map I should have been able to beat otherwise. I'm incredibly upset about this happening. Gateway doesn't matter. Texas, Cali, DC, no matter what there's lagspikes, even in town.

Yep. I took a volatile to the face, because it wasn't on my screen, then it was. No issues in other games except PoE. This has gotten ridiculous. The game is unplayable currently.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Last edited by JNF on Sep 17, 2017, 2:50:30 PM
bump
I'm sure GGG have their plate full with the new Xbox launch etc. There's probably some MAJOR work they need to do to fix this lag issue so they're ignoring it for now.

It maybe 6 months to a year before they get around to fixing it...

Don't hold your breath waiting for a quick fix.

Roughly since Version 3.0.1e I've started getting this issue too.

First I thought something else is using bandwith, but no! After reducing processes that use network resources to just PoE and Steam - it tuns out it's PoE having huge spikes.

Anti-Malware software didn't find anything. My ISP swears it's not them and considering that every other online game seems to be fine during these lag spikes - I'm inclined to believe them.

Wierdly enough Resource Monitor doesn't register any packet loss, pinging the PoE server IP to which I connect (at least what the Resource Monitor says I am) - also shows that 100% of packets been delivered/received with no losses, although in-game performance stat clearly shows that ping jumps from 60 to like 300-500+.

GGG, Help? :(
Last edited by pillagius on Sep 24, 2017, 5:08:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info